17 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Since when has Barron become the saviour? He’s average. I still don’t see it.  Cammy Smith all over again for me.  People raving about looking for the ball etc. He gets caught with it loads and did at County.  Just nae seeing it. We can do better.

I liked Smith as well as Nicky Low, in particular. 

Barron has got the attributes to be an asset for us if he is played regularly and in his natural position.

We perhaps could do better min but we could do a helluva lot worse. 

• Upvote 4

56 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Since when has Barron become the saviour? He’s average. I still don’t see it.  Cammy Smith all over again for me.  People raving about looking for the ball etc. He gets caught with it loads and did at County.  Just nae seeing it. We can do better.

Highly regarded in the Scotland youth setup captained us a few times. He has the ability but thinks he’s better than us. File under Ryan Fraser. 

17 minutes ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

Highly regarded in the Scotland youth setup captained us a few times. He has the ability but thinks he’s better than us. File under Ryan Fraser. 

File under ‘player who went on to play regularly at EPL and international level’? 

He will be a big loss. Could / should have been Shinnie’s natural successor. Should have been playing every week this season (unless he has already signed for the Huns)

13 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

File under ‘player who went on to play regularly at EPL and international level’? 

He will be a big loss. Could / should have been Shinnie’s natural successor. Should have been playing every week this season (unless he has already signed for the Huns)

Can’t argue with his decision but he his attitude didn’t stop when in the EPL with Bournemouth and Newcastle. 

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

He's 7 levels above cammy Smith

That there is @thursolevels of eejitness re judging a player

My levels of eejitness !!! I’m not the stupid mother fucker who asked was a grade 1 referee the same up north as it is in Glasgow. 

I can spot a player better than most I’d say. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, torry_battery_ram said:

He's agreed a deal with the Huns bit it won't be announced until much later in the season to avoid fan anger

Like Sevco would give a fuck about Aberdeen fans reaction...

As soon as the ink is dry on the pre-contract, Sevco will/would have announce(d) it

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Like Sevco would give a fuck about Aberdeen fans reaction...

As soon as the ink is dry on the pre-contract, Sevco will/would have announce(d) it

They'd care about the reaction of an incoming player, though.

1 hour ago, ahead on alphabet said:

If there's money to be taken then yes take it. But then I don't really understand why you said "By playing hardball he will go this month and we will lose out financially".

Because I never said that, you've mixed me up with someone else

4 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Stories emerging that Barron is poised to sign a 3 yr deal on £5k a week. 

I heard that earlier, apparently making him the second highest paid at the club (behind clarkson on 6k a week).

I doubt the wages are true, but if it is, they better start giving him some games more regularly!

4 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

I heard that earlier, apparently making him the second highest paid at the club (behind clarkson on 6k a week).

I doubt the wages are true, but if it is, they better start giving him some games more regularly!

Shinnie is on £7k a week

3 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

That's 7k that could be better spent on the women's team. 

Massive scope for growth there. Terrific investment. 

The wifeys have just signed 3 players today I saw on Twitter.

Rhys Williams saved wages being put to good use

2 hours ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

If you're using Ryan Fraser as a comparison,  then he is better than us.

He has been offered nothing like sums being quoted. Lot of fans turning against him when it's not his fault. Contract he was offered was poor hence he would not sign. Nothing to do with him having his head turned. If he goes its more to do with how he has been treated , nothing to do with him being a prima donna.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1