January Transfer Window šŸ˜‚

Toondon

1 hour ago, perthshirered said:

Roos lets in far too many soft goals. He is decent, nothing more and he would be very easily replaced and I certainly wouldn't be offering him a sizeable pay rise.Ā 

His big saves certainly outweigh his soft goals conceded, hence having highest expected goal score in the league comfortable last season . He was pivotal in the run that got us 3rd.Ā 

Won't lose any sleep if Roos doesn't re-sign. Good shot-stopper when on form but most goalkeepers are.

The thing that separates the very good from the good is their ability to command the box, take the ball out of the air etc. Joe Lewis was terrific in that regard until his drastic drop in form.Ā 

If we do the work we can find a better all-round goalkeeper than Roos, as decent as he is. Certainly wouldn't be busting the budget for him.

33 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

His big saves certainly outweigh his soft goals conceded, hence having highest expected goal score in the league comfortable last season . He was pivotal in the run that got us 3rd.Ā 

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£.

Your pishy expected goal nonsense has Onana as the 2nd best in his league but for those of us with a pair functioning een, we can tell he is among the worst.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

40 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

No idea what length of contract he is on but we should be replacing Roos with Mitov at St. J.Ā 

George at Livi also has a bright future ahead of him and if they get relegated he will be leaving on a free.Ā 

George is a terrible keeper, bound to be a decent keeper in the Balkans we could getĀ 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, perthshirered said:

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£.

Your pishy expected goal nonsense has Onana as the 2nd best in his league but for those of us with a pair functioning een, we can tell he is among the worst.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Well if thatā€™s not good enough for youā€¦ most pundits had him in their team of the year. Mainly because he was best GK in the league last season.Ā 

1 minute ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Well if thatā€™s not good enough for youā€¦ most pundits had him in their team of the year. Mainly because he was best GK in the league last season.Ā 

Last season ended in May, it's January now and we have been honking all season and he is a key part of the worst defence in the league. Added to that his distribution is keich and he doesn't command his area at all.Ā 

25 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Roos was brilliant in our 8 game winning streak after he came back from injury but before that cost us a lot so to say he was the best keeper in the league the whole of last season is a stretch.Ā 

He was so good when he came back from injury compared to before I thought he might get drugs tested or someone better was playing in his place.Ā 

10 minutes ago, thurso said:

Roos was brilliant in our 8 game winning streak after he came back from injury but before that cost us a lot so to say he was the best keeper in the league the whole of last season is a stretch.Ā 

He was so good when he came back from injury compared to before I thought he might get drugs tested or someone better was playing in his place.Ā 

It's amazing what a difference confidence in their defence (or a lack of) has on some goalkeepers.Ā 

In some cases it complete changes how they approach a game. Confidence in the defence, goalie more likely to come away from their goal area. No confidence, rooted to the spot.Ā 

I think Roos is one of those with fragile confidence.Ā 

20 minutes ago, minijc said:

No doubt Roos looked great in those games but I think folk forget we were giving up stacks of chances and he had to make some outrageous saves to keep us in front, so I don't get the 'confidence in their defence' thing.

Ā 

People forget how many outrageous saves he made to cover the rest of the team that gave us so many chances.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, minijc said:

No doubt Roos looked great in those games but I think folk forget we were giving up stacks of chances and he had to make some outrageous saves to keep us in front, so I don't get the 'confidence in their defence' thing.

Ā 

Roos made some good saves but he wasnā€™t pulling off 10 wonder saves every game. I remember the defence throwing themselves in front of shots and cutting out crossesĀ 

3 minutes ago, thurso said:

Roos made some good saves but he wasnā€™t pulling off 10 wonder saves every game. I remember the defence throwing themselves in front of shots and cutting out crossesĀ 

Never said he was doing that but he had to make a lot of very good saves.Ā  We were giving up so many chances in those games and worryingly a lot of it was against shite teams.

15 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Gives them an easy excuse that ā€œwe have good quality & arenā€™t bringing in someone for the sake of itā€ line.

Iā€™m not expecting anyone to come in, even though we really need a couple to come in.Ā 

I think we'll definitely bring in a couple

Cormack has invested heavily in the recruitment side. They'll be allowed to have a dabble

26 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Gives them an easy excuse that ā€œwe have good quality & arenā€™t bringing in someone for the sake of itā€ line.

Iā€™m not expecting anyone to come in, even though we really need a couple to come in.Ā 

Burrows made quite a big deal at the AGM when he said that all of the January work was well underway. Going to look a bit daft if we don't sign anyone. I think we'll get a couple of loanees towards deadline day. That'll be it.

10 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Burrows made quite a big deal at the AGM when he said that all of the January work was well underway. Going to look a bit daft if we don't sign anyone. I think we'll get a couple of loanees towards deadline day. That'll be it.

There will be a domino effect if a player moves soon, like Southampton fans saying with Guedes moving to Spain opens the door for Che Adams to Wolves and Miovski to them! hopefully notĀ 

Ā 

Loan wise, I've heard nothing on loans just 2 permanentĀ  signings that if the cant get over line then thats it, but latest update was (as ive said above) that a player or players require to move (at other clubs) for us to get one of the players we are after and how Jan is going so far with activity everywhere i wouldn't say personally i was hopeful.Ā 

If we're sticking with the 4231 then I'd imagine we'll get another central midfielder and a wide player before the end of the window.Ā 

We're currently playing all 5 of our midfielders due to the poor quality of our wide players so there's absolutely no slack there in either position.Ā 

Loans most likely at this point.Ā 

Ā 

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If we're sticking with the 4231 then I'd imagine we'll get another central midfielder and a wide player before the end of the window.Ā 

We're currently playing all 5 of our midfielders due to the poor quality of our wide players so there's absolutely no slack there in either position.Ā 

Loans most likely at this point.Ā 

Ā 

Watching that last night, it isn't really a 4-2-3-1 is it?Ā  Most of the time it's a 4-5-1, at times one full back goes forward the other shuffles in and gives us 3 at the back again, the man is absolutely obsessed by it.Ā  I also don't think we'll continue to get away with shoehorning 5 central midfielders into the side each week.Ā 

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, minijc said:

Watching that last night, it isn't really a 4-2-3-1 is it?Ā  Most of the time it's a 4-5-1, at times one full back goes forward the other shuffles in and gives us 3 at the back again, the man is absolutely obsessed by it.Ā  I also don't think we'll continue to get away with shoehorning 5 central midfielders into the side each week.Ā 

I think McGrath was notionally left and Polvara right but they naturally gravitate inwards so aye maybe more of a 451 than a 4231 in practice.Ā 

The main positive is it encourages us to keep possession and pass it shorter on the ground but it leaves us a bit short in creativity in and around the box.Ā 

A decent wide player (or ideally 2) would make a massive difference imoĀ 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

I think McGrath was notionally left and Polvara right but they naturally gravitate inwards so aye maybe more of a 451 than a 4231 in practice.Ā 

A decent wide player (or ideally 2) would make a massive difference imoĀ 

Felt like last night we slipped into 3 at the back too often and knows what Robson is like, that's not a shock he's completely stuck on that idea.

We definitely need a good wide player or two, my issues with last night is Duk should be starting that game, have him on the left but with more of a free role.

• Upvote 4
2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think we're the only top tier team not to bring someone in now?Ā 

I can't see us going the entire window without anyone coming in.Ā 

We do seem to take longer than others to make our moves in January though. Or maybe it just feels like that every year.Ā 

Itā€™s the same every year, they drag it on till the end of the window, then come out with the statement of excuses why they failed to sign anyone.Ā 

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, minijc said:

Pretty sure we reverted to 3 at the back when we made the double substitution.Ā  He's a fucking clown