January Transfer Window šŸ˜‚

Toondon

10 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Your hard work atm lad. Clearly hate Aberdeen. Should probably take a few days off here to relax.Ā 

I do hate Barryā€™s Aberdeen šŸ¤·

5 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

Yet that amazing Hibs team that were so much better than us in the semi didn't "batter" Forfar yesterday. A team in the same league as Clyde.Ā 

If only football was as simple as some people's minds.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

5 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

The reference is how he lauded how much Hibs were better than us in said semi yet struggled to beat Forfar yesterday yet in the same post expected us to "batter" Clyde.

Just the usual verbal diarrhoea without substance.

Hibs are shite. Really shite. They should be expected to ā€˜batterā€™ Forfar as well šŸ¤· all that does is show me even more so how shite Barry has us because the were better than us in semi & we fluked it against play after a dubious offside call took their goal.

Ā 

Why are so many using how shite other teams are in our league as some kind of excuse for us also being shite but then also excuse us losing to &/or being out played by other shite teams (other than our saviours County)?

Ā 

ā€œWeā€™re shite. Should be battering Clydeā€

ā€no we shouldnā€™t because Hibs didnā€™t ā€˜batterā€™ Forfarā€ šŸ¤£

2 minutes ago, Peedie1 said:

maybe waiting on visa proess

Maybe and thereā€™s still time of course.

I havenā€™t changed my mind from a few weeks ago when I suggested there wasnā€™t any point in a major investment or a serious overhaul when the season is fucked and the managerā€™s a gimp.

As I say some people seemed shocked at this and were sure weā€™d make multiple signings.

26 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Maybe and thereā€™s still time of course.

I havenā€™t changed my mind from a few weeks ago when I suggested there wasnā€™t any point in a major investment or a serious overhaul when the season is fucked and the managerā€™s a gimp.

As I say some people seemed shocked at this and were sure weā€™d make multiple signings.

While I agree with you Ā to an extent it also makes zero sense keeping him if that is the stance.Ā 

8 hours ago, torry_battery_ram said:

The Scottish Premiership is a poor standard compared to what it was even 10-15 years ago. It's no surprise that so many didn't get convincing wins against lower league sides this weekendĀ 

We were fucking honking 15 years ago. Personally, I think the standard is better than it was then, discounting the bigots.Ā 
we did beat lower league east fife 6-0 in the cup though 2011

however, we finished ninth in the league and lost 9-0 to Celtic in the same season. Not sure thereā€™s a correlation, min!Ā 

8 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

If its squad filler only, I'd rather they were loans than stinking the place up for the next 2 or 3 years.

We'd be better off patching up our differences with fat Vinnie than signing loan shite.

In attacking areas anyway.

Ā 

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

Even if it means being due his previous team a fair bit of cash?

If there is a trigger after so many appearances then fair play to move him on yes.

He's played 42 times for us so unlikely to be a trigger at 43?

He's started 31 times for us so unlikely to be a trigger at 32?

5 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Lies, those loan negotiations will have been ongoing throughout the whole of January and theyā€™ve only now managed to get them over the lineĀ 

Yeah players will be interested in coming here but will be holding fire to see no1 better comes in. Itā€™s why so many deals fall right at end of window. Especially if itā€™s required quality to start every week for us. I think we will be back in for Atanasov for example but his club will drag it out to get as much money as possible. We are also looking to sign that winger from Australia. Just a bit dubious in the quality thatā€™s coming from that league. Look at that lad Newcastle signed and loaned to Hearts, was the next big thing and absolutely horrendous.Ā 

19 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Will we finally get a signing this week? Read over the weekend we're the only Premier League team not to have made a signing so far in this window.

We haven't even had any "like a new signings" injury/loan returns

• Upvote 1

Canā€™t recall a previous transfer window with so few rumours and general lack of interest. Ā  I live in hope that we will produce a couple of quality signings from under the radar but I suspect BRs presser tomorrow will include, we are always looking, Ā Gunner working really hard, itā€™s a really difficult window to recruit, Ā happy with squad we haveā€¦ā€¦.