Next Manager

1 hour ago, Dubaidon said:

Mcinnes for me

Think he'd do well with this team, certainly better than Barry.

Don’t know if this is bait but he wouldn’t, it would be a backwards step

For it to work with Derek it would take him about a year or two to flush the team of all your Soklers, Rubezic, Dadia, foreigners and fill it with his usual League 1/2 pish along with bringing folk like Russ Richardson and Sheerin back to the club.

For what it’s worth, with how similar his style of football is i think Robson would perform better with personel like McInnes had but his arm is being greatly twisted by Cormack and his philosophy.

16 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He wasn’t even that good as development / under 18’s manager?

They took some right hidings too from time to time. 

Parents weren’t enamoured with him either; zero communications etc etc. I know from experience that parents can be a pain in the arse in juvenile fitba but apparently he never gave  them or the boys much in the way of feedback. Don’t think comms is his best attribute.

It beggars belief that we appointed him as full time. I know there was a (to an extent) justifiably groundswell to give him the gig full time after an(admittedly) very decent run but a commercially experienced man like Cormack should have used his nut and selected someone more in keeping with the job requirement 

The next manager, whenever he may arrive, will just be another Cormack puppet. 

It's how he rolls.

But Robson isn't getting the sack anytime soon I don't think. With the money invested etc, I think he'll get at least the same amount of time Goodwin got. And plus, Cormack can't be seen to have 3 managerial failures in less than 3 years.. Let's be honest, that will ring major alarm bells with most managers.  We all say clubs should do their due diligence on players etc. Managers will do the same for clubs who have approached them. 

12 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

But Robson isn't getting the sack anytime soon I don't think. With the money invested etc, I think he'll get at least the same amount of time Goodwin got. And plus, Cormack can't be seen to have 3 managerial failures in less than 3 years.

McInnes went in March 21, Glass in Feb 22, Goodwin in Jan 23 - so if that pattern continues then Robson has until December to turn things round.

I agree Cormack will be very reluctant to sack another manager any time soon, though his hand may be forced if we start getting gubbed regularly and continue to be around the bottom of the league.  Given how fragile we look and the challenging upcoming schedule that looks worryingly like a realistic scenario. 

57 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

Steve Clarke…never gonna happen though, but exactly the sort of quality we should look to and pay top dollar to get. 

Someone like him, but not him, he wouldn’t manage a club side in Scotland ever again!, in actual fact he fucking hates societal Scotland and their archaic religious/hun/Tim beliefs.

he’s above that and rightly so.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Someone like him, but not him, he wouldn’t manage a club side in Scotland ever again!, in actual fact he fucking hates societal Scotland and their archaic religious/hun/Tim beliefs.

he’s above that and rightly so.

Yup! Hence the ‘never gonna happen’, min! That coupled with the fact he’s doing a blinding job for Scotland and won’t leave that anytime soon.

the video that someone posted on here a while back about his views on bigotry in Scotland, emphasises your point.

But, aye! Someone like him! 

• Upvote 1
On 9/3/2023 at 6:01 PM, Ke1t said:

Micky Mellon currently without a club after Tranmere fired him. Second spells often don't work out. 

Dave Challinor, poor start to the season with Stockport, but highly rated lower league manager... might get him for sweeties. 

If you're feeling ambitious, Zidane is still out of work. A gig at The Famous might be just the trick. 

Can’t see Zidane having enough about him to manage some of the big personalities and egos in our dressing room. Mackenzie and Morris, for example..