Jump to content

Next Manager


Recommended Posts


13 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

Get this thread in the bin. Embarrasing.

Aye, because there will never be a "next manager".

Barry will be the manager for ever and ever and ever.

 

This thread is always kicking about min.

Pops up on occasion when things are nae gan so well on the pitch.

It's the nature of things, and nae particularly outrageous.

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, NEM said:

So are we, tbf.

That interview he gave typifies every feeling I have for the 2 weegie clubs and their tendrils that reach far and wide, disgusting and one of the reasons for me personally to support Aberdeen, folk could say why not support my local club?, a cesspit of hunnery is Kilmarnock fc, a hun lite if you will, nowhere around the west of Scotland is it not tainted with the smell of Timothy or hunnery, I’ve always coveted and longed for a place that hasn’t got that element, one day, one day il not have to put up with it any more.

either that or in the future you’ll be reading about an American styled school shooting, except on an orange walk somewhere In Kilwinning.

anyhoo

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, G man said:

Think he is - in his local Tesco.

Were all the names being mentioned tonight are just the same names that were mentioned after Goodwin left. None of them have improved their managerial record in the last 6 months , some have actually got worse. Just as well we didn’t appoint them in February and we certainly do not need any of them in the future.

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, G man said:

Were all the names being mentioned tonight are just the same names that were mentioned after Goodwin left. None of them have improved their managerial record in the last 6 months , some have actually got worse. Just as well we didn’t appoint them in February and we certainly do not need any of them in the future.

I see Geir Bakke went to Valerenga where he appears to have had a difficult start.

Link to comment
12 minutes ago, G man said:

Were all the names being mentioned tonight are just the same names that were mentioned after Goodwin left. None of them have improved their managerial record in the last 6 months , some have actually got worse. Just as well we didn’t appoint them in February and we certainly do not need any of them in the future.

Aye, it's not like Robson has improved his either ffs.

Link to comment
38 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

That interview he gave typifies every feeling I have for the 2 weegie clubs and their tendrils that reach far and wide, disgusting and one of the reasons for me personally to support Aberdeen, folk could say why not support my local club?, a cesspit of hunnery is Kilmarnock fc, a hun lite if you will, nowhere around the west of Scotland is it not tainted with the smell of Timothy or hunnery, I’ve always coveted and longed for a place that hasn’t got that element, one day, one day il not have to put up with it any more.

either that or in the future you’ll be reading about an American styled school shooting, except on an orange walk somewhere In Kilwinning.

anyhoo

I've said this before. I have a shitload of cousins that live in the Kilmarnock/Irvine area. They are all fairly strict observant Roman Catholics and all are mad Killie supporters. 2 of them are season ticket holders and a few have shares in the club. The idea that Killie are hun lite is just fucking wrong

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Can you guys stoop any lower. A thread on the next manager? You're a feckin laughing stock.

Not as much of a laughing stock as someone who thinks the thread is a laughing stock but takes time out their night to come into the thread to declare it a laughing stock though, eh?

Kinda makes you a laughing stock actually, ironically

You didn't expect that, eh?

  • Haha 11
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I've said this before. I have a shitload of cousins that live in the Kilmarnock/Irvine area. They are all fairly strict observant Roman Catholics and all are mad Killie supporters. 2 of them are season ticket holders and a few have shares in the club. The idea that Killie are hun lite is just fucking wrong

I live here!!!!!

you can think it’s wrong all you want but the fucking chairman Bowie tried to have shares in the Huns before he was chairman, they create Uber Huns in Boyd and Naismith and the area that surrounds rugby park are predominantly Huns, as is Irvine, Kilwinning, Stevenston, Saltcoats and ardrossan to galston hurlford etc. majority Huns. So because you know a smattering of people that differs from this doesn’t take away my 44 years lived experience of staying 15 miles away from said stadium 

where do you live? Fife? Aye

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment

Worrying start to the season (arguably end to last as well) not just in terms of results but performances, tactics and perhaps parts of the recruitment, depending on how you see it. 

I'm not convinced by Robson at all but understand it was difficult for the board not to appoint him after a caretaker spell that had most supporters thinking he could be the real deal, while others were concerned about shortcomings.

As mad as the quick-fire nature of management sackings has become in recent years across global football, I don't think we can be considering that option after four league games, a transfer window where we've added 12 or however many players and with a manager who did achieve a pretty significant turnaround last season. 

But I'd be seriously concerned if we weren't seeing an evident upturn in both performances and results in the next five to six games. If we weren't much better off at that point, questions need to be asked and difficult decisions made.

I don't know who the solution would be. It's a weird business hiring a manager, most of the time it's guesswork, some managers work at certain clubs and struggle elsewhere but I think most would back someone with experience at this stage.

For me it would have to be someone who has shown they can adapt when things aren't going to plan because at the moment that is a glaring omission of the season so far.

We also have to align the philosophy, structure and managerial appointments far better than we have. We can't have upheavals in style of play with every manager, we have to have a type as such. Otherwise we are never going to progress in the way we hope to.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
41 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

I live here!!!!!

you can think it’s wrong all you want but the fucking chairman Bowie tried to have shares in the Huns before he was chairman, they create Uber Huns in Boyd and Naismith and the area that surrounds rugby park are predominantly Huns, as is Irvine, Kilwinning, Stevenston, Saltcoats and ardrossan to galston hurlford etc. majority Huns. So because you know a smattering of people that differs from this doesn’t take away my 44 years lived experience of staying 15 miles away from said stadium 

where do you live? Fife? Aye

 

Aye they are all hun cesspits. Well said loon.

Ps sorry that you have to live there. You and @AyrshireSheep should go for a pint to stay sane. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...