Next Manager

15 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

So we’re 2 points better off than we would have been under Goodwin (possibly the worst managerial appointment in our history)? Fantastic 👍👍

Tbf we were third at the world cup break.Anyway this season is only a quarter way in.Ps pretty doubtful we would have got third under Goodwin. 

14 minutes ago, minijc said:

After spending £2m+ as well, get the statue built.

Told you that in confidence. 

Yeah well we have also taken in £3m by selling Mcrorie and Ramadani unfortunately plus around £5 m from Europe.How wisely we have spent on our recruitment in some cases is still open for debate.Not all bad though.

He needs the consistency noo. Both in our tactics and results. He needs to quit the hoofy fitba. 

I'm behind him. Have been since his appointment, but if he wants to get folk off his back he's gonna need to do more of what we did at the Steelmen. We're more than capable of playing ball on deck,and hit it direct to mix up. 

I think he's been refreshing in his approach in many ways and harks back to a more fitba man as a manager. He took no shite as a player and he's bringing that. There's nae gloss with him and hopefully he can bring just as much snarl to the team as he had as a player. Rugby Park was the opposite. 

I'm with ye @ERNIE just hope he can get more confidence from others as we go.  He's had little so far and some of that is warrented. Others been way beyond the pale. Tomorrow is huge for him and the club as a whole. Hibs are hurting a bit,so dangerous. 

If he plays the fitba on deck,buys into that more,he ticks all that the club wanted, attacking fitba,entertain and young(ish) coach...and let's hope he can go on and win at least one trophy in his time. 

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Jutes manager doing alright at moment. Unbeaten in league so far 🤔

joking aside. Pls let Raith catch the Jutes for auto promotion spot

Goodwin is a semi okay manager when it’s going his way. But as soon as his luck slips he turns on the players and his mask slips and the players down tools

• 2 weeks later...

Stockport County winning again. 

5 points Clear.

Challinor says "Come get me!"

bUt yE cAnNAe kEep SaCkInG mAnaGuRzz!

Imagine if you had that philosophy in the real world. 

bUt yE cAnNAe kEep fIXiNg bR0k3N sTuFf... yE hIV tA3 gEe It tIM3 tAe fIX iTs3lf!

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

Agree even if as an interim, if we dont do something now, and I don’t care who it is we will be bloody calling Sam Allaradyce with six games left.  Neil Warnock has the experience we need right now.  

At all levels. We need someone who can say to Dave! You are doing it wrong etc! No more Yes men

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

See when Glass got appointed, who else got interviewed?

Ditto Goodwin?

Ditto Robson?

Were anybody else actually interviewed? I know, the last time, we approached a few blokes like Wilder and the Spaniard and got rebuffed but there is clearly something amiss with our managerial recruitment prawcess

We interviewed Maloney when we appointed Glass. 

Fuck knows about Goodwin. I remember Scott Burns said we'd approached Knutsen and he told us to bike but i suspect that was leaked by the club to try and appease fans. Seem to remember it came down to Goodwin or Jack Ross in the end.

Wilder was interested. We fucked about though. Dunno about Rodriguez. Don't ever remember seeing anything about him turning us down. 

Either way, the clubs a fucking shambles. I give Cormack a fucking tough time but Gunn needs to be taking a very large portion of the blame aswell. All of these 3 nanagers have worked under him. He's becoming as big a common denominator as Cormack. 

Root and branch clear out required. Press reset.  

3 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Let’s be honest, makes no difference who we want or suggest as next manager as Cormack won’t sack Barry anytime soon.

Depends how quickly the dressing room unravels. 

When you're playing shit football and your most effective tactic is 'Riding Your Luck' you would have to think morale is going to plummet and results are going to reflect that. The players themselves are going to have something to say on and off the pitch. 

He may seem to be in a safe position with the backing of the Board/Cormack/FMB, but that can change quickly. 

Couple more defeats in the next couple of weeks and I'd expect the "We've got to turn things around for the manager" style quotes to come out from the players. 

We all know the script. 

7 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

We interviewed Maloney when we appointed Glass. 

Fuck knows about Goodwin. I remember Scott Burns said we'd approached Knutsen and he told us to bike but i suspect that was leaked by the club to try and appease fans. Seem to remember it came down to Goodwin or Jack Ross in the end.

Wilder was interested. We fucked about though. Dunno about Rodriguez. Don't ever remember seeing anything about him turning us down. 

Either way, the clubs a fucking shambles. I give Cormack a fucking tough time but Gunn needs to be taking a very large portion of the blame aswell. All of these 3 nanagers have worked under him. He's becoming as big a common denominator as Cormack. 

Root and branch clear out required. Press reset.  

Is Burrows doing Rob Wicks’ old role?

Burrows has been here, what, 9 months? He runs the joint when Cormack is in absentia or even when he’s in the UK. Need to see more leadership from him. He’s been here long enough to surely notice that, whilst our structure might be right, the bums on the seats aren’t. 

Plus, the recruitment strategy needs to be clearly outlined and answers given to why half a dozen players have come in and seen zero minutes or near as damn it

16 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

See when Glass got appointed, who else got interviewed?

Ditto Goodwin?

Ditto Robson?

Were anybody else actually interviewed? I know, the last time, we approached a few blokes like Wilder and the Spaniard and got rebuffed but there is clearly something amiss with our managerial recruitment prawcess

Cowley was due to be interviewed. I'm not sure if it actually happened or not as he took the Portsmouth job something like 4 days or so before we appointed Glass.

I don't think it would have mattered anyway. Gnasher was determined to appoint Glass no matter what

1 minute ago, ericblack4boss said:

Robbie Fowler , Maloney and cowley were all interviewed prior to  Glassers appointment 

Sounds about right. 

2 inexperienced managers and one experienced one. 

Should just put in the advertisement "experience not essential, in fact, not desired"

14 minutes ago, Baaaaa heid said:

He will be given to the cup final maybe even till January like his predecessors 

If that's when he's to get the dunt then it'll be after the January window so Cormack doesn't have to give the new guy any cash for players. 

I just want a competent manager for a change. Someone who can come in and knows straight away that Hayes is done, that McKenzie is Tom Kite, that Clarkson is wasted when the ball is flying past him from back to front. We have some decent players, this cunt just doesn't know what yo do with them and he seems like a bit of an arsehole. 

• Upvote 2