Next Manager

9 hours ago, Willo flood said:

Quite far back. It would seem Gunner has lost his way with the Aberdeen transport bosses.

Cormack : ‘ Gunner off you go and pick up the new manager Jimmy Thelin at Dyce airport, there’s a good boy ‘

Gunner ‘ on my way boss right now’

Gunner last seen heading past Fraserburgh. Lost.

Eventually makes it to Dyce where Thelin has scarf over his head with a pose of press around him.

Gunner to Thelin ‘ ‘scuse me mate but have you seen anyone called Thelma? He’s our new manager’ 

Could make a comedy series out of Gunner, just need a title…..

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 2
1 minute ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

Cormack : ‘ Gunner off you go and pick up the new manager Jimmy Thelin at Dyce airport, there’s a good boy ‘

Gunner ‘ on my way boss right now’

Gunner last seen heading past Fraserburgh. Lost.

Eventually makes it to Dyce where Thelin has scarf over his head with a pose of press around him.

Gunner to Thelin ‘ ‘scuse me mate but have you seen anyone called Thelma? He’s our new manager’ 

Could make a comedy series out of Gunner, just need a title…..

As long as you're not writing it...

• Haha 3

Ideally. He has verbally said yes to Aberdeen, but elfsborg playing hard ball re compensation. Until that sorted (if it will) nothing be done. 

Lennon waiting by phone. 

and clearly I’m not ITK, I only ever post when I’m ITL….  (In The Loo)

6 minutes ago, Gilhaushans said:

Ideally. He has verbally said yes to Aberdeen, but elfsborg playing hard ball re compensation. Until that sorted (if it will) nothing be done. 

Lennon waiting by phone. 

How can elfsborg play hard ball? The minimum expectation from Aberdeen should be paying his contract in full and if they did that there’s fuck all elfsborg could do to stop him leaving?

6 minutes ago, RUL said:

How can elfsborg play hard ball? The minimum expectation from Aberdeen should be paying his contract in full and if they did that there’s fuck all elfsborg could do to stop him leaving?

That only works if they play along with it. He could walk but then they could sue him for breach of contract possibly? Then we could pay that, but it would have to go before courts first - at least being raised with them. That's if they wanted to play hard ball. Basically we and any other team don't have any right to someone just because we pay out their contract. 

Of course this is fitba so god knows what wacky permutation we'll come up with.

9 minutes ago, RUL said:

Who's to say what clauses are in his contract? Also Elfsborg don't HAVE to let him go if Aberdeen are offering to pay out his entire contract that's not exactly how contracts work.

14 minutes ago, RUL said:

God forbid Maybe he has something like….. morals and ethics?! 

23 minutes ago, Gilhaushans said:

Lennon waiting by phone. 

Typing shite, about a shite, whilst doing a shite. 
Hopefully. 

2 minutes ago, Gilhaushans said:

If what you're saying is true, then he doesn't want to come. 

Managerial transfers are generally pretty straightforward so long as the manager wants to leave to elsewhere. 

20 minutes ago, Gilhaushans said:

Cuckoo stuff. This will come down to money as usual in football. Assuming he’s a target he’s not been offered enough to force the issue or he thinks a better job may come available.

27 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

Who's to say what clauses are in his contract? Also Elfsborg don't HAVE to let him go if Aberdeen are offering to pay out his entire contract that's not exactly how contracts work.

How else do contracts work? Thats why I said minimum expectation. If he has a release contract then you need to pay that fee. If he doesn’t then both he and Aberdeen can force the issue by paying out his contract. 

I don’t even believe we’re looking at him fully. But if we genuinely have been trying to sign him up all this dithering is a poor reflection on Aberdeen. 

8 minutes ago, RUL said:

How else do contracts work? Thats why I said minimum expectation. If he has a release contract then you need to pay that fee. If he doesn’t then both he and Aberdeen can force the issue by paying out his contract. 

I don’t even believe we’re looking at him fully. But if we genuinely have been trying to sign him up all this dithering is a poor reflection on Aberdeen. 

Would it be a shock if Aberdeen are pissing about offering Elfsborg way less than the compensation trigger point? 

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Would it be a shock if Aberdeen are pissing about offering Elfsborg way less than the compensation trigger point? 

Would be an evening bigger shock if Thelin ends up as our boss, I'm just not believing all the Swedish flag posts in here, think if he was coming it would be over the line by now.

But I'd love to be shocked