Next Manager

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Weve actually given ourselves more hassle with the claims of being so close to a new manager.

Leven's 7pts out of 9, running down 3 further games and County's poor form means the actual pressure is vastly less than it might have been.

It wouldn’t have mattered at all what the club said in their official statements or how often they issued these statements.  They’d have been slated by pretty much everyone on here who slate them ad nauseum with limited or zero knowledge about what’s going on behind the scenes. 

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Weve actually given ourselves more hassle with the claims of being so close to a new manager.

Leven's 7pts out of 9, running down 3 further games and County's poor form means the actual pressure is vastly less than it might have been.

I get what you mean, but a new manager need to assess what he’s got and start building a better team for the future. The longer this goes on, this less time they will have. 
judging by the shite we are currently watching, every day that passes without someone at the helm, planning for the immediate future is lost opportunity.

Say we appoint a new manager in the summer and there’s limited activity in and out of the club, you can imagine the ‘i was limited in what could be achieved in the few weeks I was in the door’ 

18 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

Just leave it unlocked anyway then it's good to go again in 10 months when it's clear that Jimmys counter attacking football doesn't work against 80% of our opponents that sit in.

This is a very good point. 

8 minutes ago, redone said:

It wouldn’t have mattered at all what the club said in their official statements or how often they issued these statements.  They’d have been slated by pretty much everyone on here who slate them ad nauseum with limited or zero knowledge about what’s going on behind the scenes. 

They deserve to be slated. 2 and a half months since Robson was sacked and still no permanent manager. Told we're looking to appoint during the international break (which ended 2 weeks ago) and still no manager, then told we were in the very final stages and again almost 2 weeks later again still no manager. They've fucked up, nobody wants the job because of the mess the board have made over the past 3 years. If anything they're lucky that the backlash from the fans hasn't been worse than it actually has been. They've got off lightly (so far).

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5
29 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Often see some and other assorted dinosaurs and cavemen when rangers are playing at Pittodrie.

Before some smart Alec pipes up, yes I'm well aware dinosaurs were extinct long before cavemen arrived but it's not intended to be a factual comment. Just some light hearted badinage to help pass away a rather wet Tuesday morning. 

Rangers are like a dinosaur, extinct in 2012

21 minutes ago, redone said:

Whatever is or isn’t going on, they’re quite clearly incompetent

We’re in to our 3rd month without a permanent manager.  
Despite the spin, PR (& maybe some lies to placate).

I’m not sure why anyone would have confidence in any of the decision makers at Pittodrie given their track record. 

• Upvote 4
6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Whatever is or isn’t going on, they’re quite clearly incompetent

We’re in to our 3rd month without a permanent manager.  
Despite the spin, PR (& maybe some lies to placate).

I’m not sure why anyone would have confidence in any of the decision makers at Pittodrie given their track record. 

This. If anyone thinks our board have a clue what they are doing they are fucking deluded. 

I can't decide at this stage if the board are fucking it up, know they're fucking it up and subsequently lying to us, or if they geneuinly believe they're in the "final stages" and are just being palmed off at the last minute/being played by people who want a payrise, media coverage etc.

11 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

I can't decide at this stage if the board are fucking it up, know they're fucking it up and subsequently lying to us, or if they geneuinly believe they're in the "final stages" and are just being palmed off at the last minute/being played by people who want a payrise, media coverage etc.

Oh I think at this point it's safe to say they are fucking it up and they know that, they'll just be fighting to try avoid the inevitable well known SPFL level manager taking the job.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Completely agree. At half time at home to County I was totally resigned to losing that game, County pulling level with us, us sliding towards a play off game and desperately trying to convince myself that were some advantages to being able to re-set in the Championship (there aren't by the way). 

Amazing how things can change in just 3 hours 45 minutes of football.

5 minutes ago, minijc said:

Oh I think at this point it's safe to say they are fucking it up and they know that, they'll just be fighting to try avoid the inevitable well known SPFL level manager taking the job.

Are you genuinely saying that we are no nearer to any appointment and that (also taking into account your previous posts) that we are absolutely not near to appointing Thelin or anyone else?

If that's the case I may just turn up on Saturday with my pitchfork to lead the revolution.

2 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Are you genuinely saying that we are no nearer to any appointment and that (also taking into account your previous posts) that we are absolutely not near to appointing Thelin or anyone else?

If that's the case I may just turn up on Saturday with my pitchfork to lead the revolution.

Just reading between the lines but it doesn't feel like we are close but hopefully I am wrong.

1 minute ago, minijc said:

Just reading between the lines but it doesn't feel like we are close but hopefully I am wrong.

Expect the Burns exclusive today tonight on Thelin rejecting us for a 2nd time and it's now a straight fight between Lennon and Robinson.😭😭

• Haha 1

There's no debate the board have fucked up lots of things and particularly not getting rid of Robson sooner, all of which has led to the situation they find themselves in.

However, if no cunt now wants to manage us, I'm not exactly sure what people expect them to do about it.  They can't force anyone to take the job, so that leaves them with two options.  One, appoint someone shite / devisive / a cunt who does want the job (ie Lennon / Robinson / Yogi ) or Two, wait.  Wait and see what happens.  If we somehow fluke the scottish cup then people might change their mind with Europe on the table.  Or even if we just definitely avoid relegation we might get some new interest, or hell, Thelin might get sacked by Elfsborg.  Shit changes all the time in fitba.

I'd rather the board went with option 2 right now.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I know its just repetition but heh ho.

General consensus was always that we didn't want Lennon.

Getting Lennon now because we've categorically proven that no-one else wants the gig was never going to and will never change that. (until we win shit obviously but even then we know the feel-good will be temporary).

Don’t worry pages 150-481 are constantly repetitive speel 

I think it's probably inevitable that it's going to be Thelin, when there's this much talk around someone in the press it usually only has one outcome. 

Leven has us getting points at the minute though, so if he is in charge again for saturday then so be it he's done well to get us reasonably clear of the playoff spot and deserves credit for that, especially considering the shit show this season. 

Call me negative but we will most likely be put out the cup next Saturday, so realistically the season is over assuming we pick up another win or 2 and avoid the playoffs. Ideally though Thelin would be here for the post split fixtures to assess the squad should it be him. 

25 minutes ago, robbojunior said:

There's no debate the board have fucked up lots of things and particularly not getting rid of Robson sooner, all of which has led to the situation they find themselves in.

However, if no cunt now wants to manage us, I'm not exactly sure what people expect them to do about it.  They can't force anyone to take the job, so that leaves them with two options.  One, appoint someone shite / devisive / a cunt who does want the job (ie Lennon / Robinson / Yogi ) or Two, wait.  Wait and see what happens.  If we somehow fluke the scottish cup then people might change their mind with Europe on the table.  Or even if we just definitely avoid relegation we might get some new interest, or hell, Thelin might get sacked by Elfsborg.  Shit changes all the time in fitba.

I'd rather the board went with option 2 right now.

You see that's absolutely rubbish that "no cunt now wants to manage us". Money talks hence the shambolic Warnock appointment. 

There are plenty of managers who would still be interested or desperately want a club like AFC on their CV. Scottish football is shite I accept that but two seasons of getting us 3rd and back into European Football is enough for them to be noticed and move on if desired.

My main concern is the all the eggs appear to now be in the Thelin basket which for an average Swedish manager seems rather bizarre. 

1 hour ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Often see some and other assorted dinosaurs and cavemen when rangers are playing at Pittodrie.

Before some smart Alec pipes up, yes I'm well aware dinosaurs were extinct long before cavemen arrived but it's not intended to be a factual comment. Just some light hearted badinage to help pass away a rather wet Tuesday morning. 

So are Rangers

• Haha 1