Aberdeen 2 - 3 PAOK

1 minute ago, Proud Dandy said:

Ffs Robson, in that case do 3 subs over 5-10 mins and slow the game down/disrupt the momentum of the game. I’m sure they could have all done a few more mins each, not like we noticed any of them struggle. 

Learning on the job. 

Will cost him the job eventually. 

12 minutes ago, Proud Dandy said:

Ffs Robson, in that case do 3 subs over 5-10 mins and slow the game down/disrupt the momentum of the game. I’m sure they could have all done a few more mins each, not like we noticed any of them struggle. 

Polvara and miovski looked like they were struggling but Barron didn’t. All ifs and maybes but the thinking might of been if they were struggling they wouldn’t of been able to close down 

16 minutes ago, thurso said:

Wouldn’t of taken Barron off but polvara and miovski were out on their feet 

Totally agree. Robson slagged off when he didn't make substitutions earlier in the season now getting the same for making them. His reasoning for making the changes were the three were out on their feet. Would question bringing on Hayes and Duk but not the three changes. Had the crazy situation where Derek Bloody Rae and Harry Ramsden Miller questioned where Miovski and Barron were struggling- what do they know from sitting on their backsides as spectators. Miller is as good a pundit as he was a businessman. There were so much positives tonight that are being lost in this issue re the substitutions.Three goals list to three individual errors. Far bigger issue was why VAR did not even look at the MacKenzie penalty - which was as clear a penalty as you will ever see. If they do not check an incident like that why is VAR in use.

I do think the time is right for Hayes to take up his coaching role full time.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2
1 minute ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Fucking hell can't players go a full 90 minutes these days? No one at this level should be 'blowing out their arse'. 3 subs at once is so amateur, it's embarrassing.

Liverpool and Frankfurt made three substitutions at the same time tonight as well!!!!!!

• Dildo 1
1 minute ago, G man said:

Totally agree. Robson slagged off when he didn't make substitutions earlier in the season now getting the same for making them. His reasoning for making the changes were the three were out on their feet. Would question bringing on Hayes and Duk but not the three changes. Had the crazy situation where Derek Bloody Rae and Harry Ramsden Miller questioned where Miovski and Barron were struggling- what do they know from sitting on their backsides as spectators. Miller is as good a pundit as he was a businessman. There were so much positives tonight that are being lost in this issue re the substitutions.Three goals list to three individual errors. Far bigger issue was why VAR did not even look at the MacKenzie penalty - which was as clear a penalty as you will ever see. If they do not check an incident like that why is VAR in use.

I do think the time is right for Hayes to take up his coaching role full time.

Think both are valid criticisms when it entails not making substitutions until the 89th min when players are struggling or we need to change a game, or 3 at once when we are cruising including a player that is man of the match.

A bit like saying we couldn’t criticise Robson for being too defensive and then subsequently criticise him for being too attacking if he then change it to 5 up front.

VAR 100% robbed us of basically stealing a draw or even a win actually because 3-1 with 18/20 mins to go would surely have deflated PAOK enough for us to hold on. 
VAR not making ref look at ours only serves to give them a lift.

All the above aside though & Robson has to shoulder massive blame for the loss also with a triple sub ffs. You make triple subs when chasing games (like PAOK did) or when game is over to waste time. Robson only done it because they did it 🤦‍♂️ he made a total cunt of it.

I want Robson binned & an experienced manager in. Someone that doesn’t talk like he knows his shit but actually does know his shit

• Site Sponsor
9 minutes ago, G man said:

Down to three individual errors and a clear penalty not awarded when were were leading 2-1.

Down to Robsons fuck up.

Hayes shouldn’t have been on the pitch to fuck up the header followed by the deflection into his own net.

Had Barron still been on the pitch, there’s a high chance their No 7 wouldn’t have waltzed through our midfield. 

Duk did the square root of fuck all.

inspired substitutions by Robson 

All down to his fuck up that we turned a winning position with 17 minutes to go into a defeat.

Tactical ineptitude 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, daytripping said:

Need a proper manager for next season, the experiment has failed. Not Robsons fault, on the board.

I thought the purpose of getting rid of Mcinnes was kick on to the next level with a proven manager! 3 sackings down the line with pay offs and we’re worse off. FMB needs to have a look at themselves.  

15 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Fucking hell can't players go a full 90 minutes these days? No one at this level should be 'blowing out their arse'. 3 subs at once is so amateur, it's embarrassing.

There is no universe in which Miovski was going to have the energy to do the chasing he did for 90 mins, he was always coming off. 

Polvara and McGrath were taking it in turns through the first half to press with Miovski, and did a huge amount of work defensively. I didn't see polvara struggling, but I could well believe it.

Obviously, as plenty folk here have already implied, taking Barron off is what cost us.

43 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

I’ll probably look back on that with more positivity in a couple days. Played pretty well overall and we have some cracking players. Tactically okay until the obvious too. 

This. The mistakes were criminal, and it's an absolute sickener to throw away what we through away. But I thought we were extremely disciplined and effective against a very good team for 70 mins. Could have nicked a late winner too, and then the entire narrative changes.

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Fuck VAR and the ref and Robson.

The highs and lows of being a Dons fan again.

I thought we were far too cautious in the first half but going in level was fine.

The second half showing was far more positive and two great goals were deserved. We then started sitting in deeper and inviting them to attack and were punished. That was mainly down to Robson but the clown of a ref did us no favours.

The triple subs was pathetic, knocked us out of rhythm and were penalised.

Gutted.

31 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

None of the 3 he took off looked particularly fatigued at all to me at the time . Polvara maybe.

But fuck me we not played in weeks and you’re telling me you got forced into 3 substitutions at the same time due to extreme tiredness. Nah not having it, you fucked up

20 minutes ago, Dom Sullivan said:

Nae long hame.

Robson, have listened to your pish in your interview.

2-0 up and you threw it away.

Down to Robson’s tactical ineptitude.

14 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You’re 2-0 up & relatively comfortable.

You decide to make three subs at once, instead of spreading them out over 5-6 minutes to continually kill any flow to the game & stop any PAOK momentum.

And you take off the two goal scorers & the MOTM.

That takes a special kind of spasticity.

Thanks gents, you have made my points for me.

Absolutely gutted at that tonight. To be 2 nil up at home and to lose is criminal. 

VAR can get itself to fuck as well. I thought everything in the box is to be checked? Incompetence of the highest order.

Interesting to listen to the radio and hear the pundits just stop short of calling Robson a liar regarding reasoning for subs. I tend to agree with them. Polvara maybe, but if he's cramp, get on the ground and get the game stopped.

The VAR incident was a good bit of deflection for Robson too. Allowed him to Bury the sub question.

Really, really fucking disappointed with that tonight. A draw was feeling like a defeat, but the actual defeat is a right kick in the balls.

Just now, King Street Loon said:

Absolutely gutted at that tonight. To be 2 nil up at home and to lose is criminal. 

VAR can get itself to fuck as well. I thought everything in the box is to be checked? Incompetence of the highest order.

Interesting to listen to the radio and hear the pundits just stop short of calling Robson a liar regarding reasoning for subs. I tend to agree with them. Polvara maybe, but if he's cramp, get on the ground and get the game stopped.

The VAR incident was a good bit of deflection for Robson too. Allowed him to Bury the sub question.

Really, really fucking disappointed with that tonight. A draw was feeling like a defeat, but the actual defeat is a right kick in the balls.

Rae and Miller have their own agenda re Robson. The VAR decision was the turning point. Why have VAR if you do not use it?! It was a stone wall penalty.As for calling Robson a liar - that really is scraping the bottom of the barrel. If he says they needed replaced l accept that. Never saw any of the three looking annoyed at being taken off. I would question who he brought on( Duk and Hayes) but not his reasoning. Unless as l said earlier people have other agendas.

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Russell said:

Worked out OK for the PAOK boy when he did it

It’s fairly normal/expected to make dramatic changes when chasing the game. Not when trying to maintain the game/lead. 

His triple sub was criminally bad. 
especially when two of them were our main driving forces from midfield on the night 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Only Rae and Miller suggested that not the other two pundits. Rae and Miller should be roundly condemned for saying what they did. Shameful.

• Dildo 1

It's only a few months ago we were almost getting a chant together 'Barry use a sub', at this point opposition managers are telling their teams 'this guy will make three subs at 70 mins and when he does, do this...'. Fucking Barron, Polvara and Miovski for Clarkson, Duk and Hayes at that point in that game with that scoreline? For fucks sakes min.

Got to say Polvara was very good again. Kudos to him.