Aberdeen 2 - 3 PAOK

1 minute ago, Roberto said:

Cause its worth too much money to people who cover the game.

Sky absolutely love the drama that comes with VAR.

Games completely fucked.

They do. Great point. Sky commentators jizz all over themselves when a VAR decision comes up. It is indeed DRAMA. But only for some games, certain moments. From UEFA's point of view, a rinky dink game like Aberdeen v Some Greek Team don't get the same VAR drama moments, but the PSG games with M'bappe and the megastars, they ALWAYS have VAR drama, LOADS of them. Euro 2024 will be buffet of VAR shenanigans.

I just hate how a group of anonymous gods (gremlins) on Mount Olympus somewhere make the call on pens, offsides. It's defeated the point of having a highly trained, highly experienced, highly paid team of refs and linesmen in top-flight games with millions, billions watching.

VAR Symposium! Make it happen. Too much inconsistency around the world of football with this system.

8 minutes ago, Russell said:

Duk made sense in that he can run, chase and hold up which was all that was needed at that point. Polvara was startng to look a bit knackered so no issues with him going off. But taking off Barron and replacing him with a more lightweight, less defensively inclined midfielder, i.e. the exact opposite of what was needed at that point, was madness.

And doing it is a triple sub with 20 minutes left and 2-0 up instead of trying to slow the game down and break up the subs is just stupid.

Disagree on Duk. Miovski was causing them a lot of problems. Should have been swapped with someone similar to him.

7 minutes ago, Millertime said:

We were already 2 goals up and lost, so don't try and peddle that

We lost tonight because of Robson

Again 

Jesus MT, I'm not defending Robson, and if he was to get sacked tomorrow you won't see me complaining. 

Yes we lost because of Robson. A better manager (dare i say such as Mciness)would have seen out a 2-0  lead. 

But Robson being shit in no way makes that VAR performance acceptable. We pay a lot of money to run this and we get this absolute shite in return. That was a disgrace and you know it.

• Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, scottymc said:

It’s a free hit because the reality of it currently is that teams like PAOK and Frankfurt are miles ahead of us both financially off the pitch and technically on it. 

I think we will finish 3rd in the group because in my opinion that’s how good we are at this stage. 

Yet with a manager with a bit more about him we could be sitting on more points than we currently have.

I hate the fact it takes fans too long to notice the blatantly obvious.

Robson is naive and its an experiment. We will go through the emotions (and motions) this season.

At 70 mins I was literally buzzing for Greece in 2 weeks... now I'm absolutely deflated contemplating sacking off the game and just having a piss up.

Robson has the personality of a fucking potato, it makes me think how can that inspire a dressing room?

• Upvote 1

Fuck VAR and the ref and Robson.

The highs and lows of being a Dons fan again.

I thought we were far too cautious in the first half but going in level was fine.

The second half showing was far more positive and two great goals were deserved. We then started sitting in deeper and inviting them to attack and were punished. That was mainly down to Robson but the clown of a ref did us no favours.

The triple subs was pathetic, knocked us out of rhythm and were penalised.

Gutted.

• Upvote 5
Just now, Millertime said:

Sorry, I'll try and remain respectful, but no, you're wrong

No match is a free hit never mind a competition

That's a weak mentality and unfortunately it's shared by too many facets of the club

It’s a free hit in the sense I wasn’t expecting us to get out the group. Just a personal opinion but those teams are further ahead of us in the grand scheme of things. I want to be competing with these teams and as a club I think we should aim to be at that level. Just based on current results and performances we aren’t there yet. 

I don’t think Robson is the man to take us forward by the way. That I am very much in agreement with and his naivety clearly showed again tonight. 

It was boot up the park for 45 mins and surprised we weren’t 1 or 2 down at half time. Came into it for 10-15 mins. Scored 2 nice goals and then just panicked. 

2 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Jesus MT, I'm not defending Robson, and if he was to get sacked tomorrow you won't see me complaining. 

Yes we lost because of Robson. A better manager (dare i say such as Mciness)would have seen out a 2-0  lead. 

But Robson being shit in no way makes that VAR performance acceptable. We pay a lot of money to run this and we get this absolute shite.  That was a disgrace and you know it.

Of course it was, clearly

But we were 2 goals up already and lost

It's unforgiveable 

Fuck off ref, VAR and Robson. Triple substitution when none of the departing players looked tired is fucking bonkers. You only make a triple substitution if your chasing a game and drastically need to change things.

See Goodwin vs the Huns at Pittodrie for the last collapse. 

This feels like it could be season defining, next couple of games are must win.

Ruby can look good for 89 mins but if he has lapses in concentration that fuck us like that he’s no use to us. Due a bomb scare every game. 

Have not missed you Aberdeen, you make me fucking miserable when you play. Bring on another storm you cunts. 

We were comprehensively outplayed in that game.

Some of their 1 and 2 touch stuff was absolute quality and just shows how shite we actually are.

I can see what Robson was trying to do by matching their 3 subs to keep the energy up. Unfortunately for him it backfired big time. 

Things really went against us towards the end, but then if you are not offering much in attack it’s only a matter of time.

2 minutes ago, scottymc said:

It’s a free hit in the sense I wasn’t expecting us to get out the group. Just a personal opinion but those teams are further ahead of us in the grand scheme of things. I want to be competing with these teams and as a club I think we should aim to be at that level. Just based on current results and performances we aren’t there yet. 

I don’t think Robson is the man to take us forward by the way. That I am very much in agreement with and his naivety clearly showed again tonight. 

It was boot up the park for 45 mins and surprised we weren’t 1 or 2 down at half time. Came into it for 10-15 mins. Scored 2 nice goals and then just panicked. 

You seem like a nice guy so I'll keep respectful 

A better manager would have us on 5 more points by now

Hell, a better manager would have us in the europa league

It's not a free hit

No match is ever a free hit

• Upvote 1

Barring a few short spells this season we are not a good football team. Everyone knows it. So it no surprise at all to lose a 2-0 lead - because we just aren’t very good.

Losing 3-2 instead of 1-0 doesn’t make us good but unlucky. We’re pish, a 2 nil lead is meaningless in our hands.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Proud Dandy said:

Fuck off ref, VAR and Robson. Triple substitution when none of the departing players looked tired is fucking bonkers. You only make a triple substitution if your chasing a game and drastically need to change things.

See Goodwin vs the Huns at Pittodrie for the last collapse. 

This feels like it could be season defining, next couple of games are must win.

Ruby can look good for 89 mins but if he has lapses in concentration that fuck us like that he’s no use to us. Due a bomb scare every game. 

Have not missed you Aberdeen, you make me fucking miserable when you play. Bring on another storm you cunts. 

Honestly, just win the League Cup and finish in the top 4. Be pragmatic. Scottish Cup won't be a picnic. As for Robson, he reeks of caretaker winging-it wally. We have very good players who get on with each other, we just need a PROPER manager. Look far and wide and stump up the money (millions). Fuck the new stadium, get a PROPER MANAGER. 

• Like 1
Just now, Ernie McCracken said:

Fair enough.

I would say there were 2 unforgivable things that happened tonight. 

There were

But the most important ones were within our control

Robson needs GONE

Have you  not noticed every time the camera goes to the touchline it's agnew instructing Robson?

Agnew who was Steve bloody bruces consigliere for decades?

It shows, in how we "play"

They need OUT and they need out now

The fans have backed the team all season and all season they've been let down