Aberdeen 2 - 3 PAOK

We have a shit ton to learn. Tonight hurts because of the manner of the loss. I thought we would get spanked so trying to maintain some balance and perspective. 

Europe has been a free hit for us. I just want to see some consistency and improvement in the league and absolutely want us to beat hibs and get to that final. 

• Upvote 2

Every single journalist and pundit in complete agreement that Robson totally fucked that up. Willie Miller even getting in on it. Baffling stuff from Barry. Barron in particular proved a huge loss when he went off and we all Rubizec is fucking guaranteed to cost us something in a big game. Totally needless challenge when cooler heads required. Saying all that, it is just impossible to rationalize how we haven’t been awarded a penalty at 2-1 up. 

11 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Were just blaming the subs because we never won.

Some players were out on their feet and if we made no subs and lost we would all be saying Sack Robson he made no subs.

having said that he could have made 2 then one later.

I think the issue though is changing nearly the whole midfield in one swipe which upset the balance.  

29 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Shame on UEFA  that was despicable. 

I don't want to hear any dignified silence from the club on this one.  We should br two footed, both barrels.  

I really feel that UEFA hate Scotland. Not sure why. England and English clubs don't get fucked over the way Scotland and Scottish clubs seem to. Seem to. I have hated FIFA for aeons, UEFA not so much, but it's got there this year.

There needs to be symposium (fancy word!) on VAR before the World Cup in 2026 or it will be an epic shit-show for the ages...

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, brownie said:

Barron off was a strange one as was replacing Miovski for Duk.

Duk made sense in that he can run, chase and hold up which was all that was needed at that point. Polvara was startng to look a bit knackered so no issues with him going off. But taking off Barron and replacing him with a more lightweight, less defensively inclined midfielder, i.e. the exact opposite of what was needed at that point, was madness.

And doing it is a triple sub with 20 minutes left and 2-0 up instead of trying to slow the game down and break up the subs is just stupid.

• Upvote 2

This is a bigger kick in the baws than the game against the Huns last season that we somehow contrived to lose 3-2. 

Shouldn't be losing a game from 2-0 up. I don't think we should have made 3 subs at the one time because it's evidently disrupted the whole team. 

Aye VAR has fucked us big time but there's some amount of naivety in the dugout. 

3 minutes ago, scottymc said:

We have a shit ton to learn. Tonight hurts because of the manner of the loss. I thought we would get spanked so trying to maintain some balance and perspective. 

Europe has been a free hit for us. I just want to see some consistency and improvement in the league and absolutely want us to beat hibs and get to that final. 

This is the low standards I'm talking about

Group stage football for first time in almost 20 years and you look at it as a free hit?

I absolutely hate and cannot understand that mindset 

3 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

The ref did cost us!!!  How on earth can people deny that. Your deluded if you can't see that going 3-1 up would have impacted the game.

Robson's subs also cost us, but doesn't negate what the ref and the VAR team did.  

I'm not disagreeing with this, just have the feeling if we did get the pen, then they would still gone on to win, and thats the sad part.

2 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

This is a bigger kick in the baws than the game against the Huns last season that we somehow contrived to lose 3-2. 

Shouldn't be losing a game from 2-0 up. I don't think we should have made 3 subs at the one time because it's evidently disrupted the whole team. 

Aye VAR has fucked us big time but there's some amount of naivety in the dugout. 

I was thinking exactly the same in the part about losing to the huns.  After that game Goodwin never recovered could this be the same......

3 minutes ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

I'm not disagreeing with this, just have the feeling if we did get the pen, then they would still gone on to win, and thats the sad part.

I doubt they would have won if we'd went 3-1 up. It would have completely changed the game (not to mention they would have needed to score 3 more as opposed to 2).

But yes Robson did fuck up, and it was quite a basic fuck up which is really really concerning, but he has every right to be fuming at the officials.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Millertime said:

This is the low standards I'm talking about

Group stage football for first time in almost 20 years and you look at it as a free hit?

I absolutely hate and cannot understand that mindset 

It’s a free hit because the reality of it currently is that teams like PAOK and Frankfurt are miles ahead of us both financially off the pitch and technically on it. 

I think we will finish 3rd in the group because in my opinion that’s how good we are at this stage. 

Just now, Ernie McCracken said:

I doubt they would have won if we'd went 3-1 up. If would have completely changed the game.

But yes Robson did fuck up, and it was quite a basic fuck up which is really really concerning, but he has every right to be fuming at the officials.

We were already 2 goals up and lost, so don't try and peddle that

We lost tonight because of Robson

Again 

Just now, scottymc said:

It’s a free hit because the reality of it currently is that teams like PAOK and Frankfurt are miles ahead of us both financially off the pitch and technically on it. 

I think we will finish 3rd in the group because in my opinion that’s how good we are at this stage. 

Sorry, I'll try and remain respectful, but no, you're wrong

No match is a free hit never mind a competition

That's a weak mentality and unfortunately it's shared by too many facets of the club

• Upvote 7