Robsonball

42 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

McInnes was sacked and replaced with somebody worse.

Glass was sacked and replaced with somebody worse.

Goodwin was sacked and replaced with somebody worse (mind blowing).

Dread to think what Cormack has up his sleeve when the inevitable happens with Robson.

14 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Dundee's ground staff are at a loose end.

Cormack will appoint himself as manager with Gunn as his assistant 

43 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Dread to think what Cormack has up his sleeve when the inevitable happens with Robson.

I think you will find Goodwin was replaced with someone better 

1 minute ago, thurso said:

I think you will find Goodwin was replaced with someone better 

I’d say Goodwin and his dark cloud of despair were replaced by someone the squad didn’t hate.

Anyone could’ve taken charge after Goodwin and seen a significant improvement in results, the squad had thrown in the towel and were desperate for Goodwin to be sacked

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I cannot believe anyone could say Goodwin was better than anyone. Lost his players within weeks of arriving by saying many had no future at the club. Appointed Stewart as Captain. Thought he could manage a club like Aberdeen with an assistant manager and a goalkeeping coach. Lost to Darvel between heavy losses to Hearts and Hibs. He thought he was bigger than the club. A total disaster.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, G man said:

I cannot believe anyone could say Goodwin was better than anyone. Lost his players within weeks of arriving by saying many had no future at the club. Appointed Stewart as Captain. Thought he could manage a club like Aberdeen with an assistant manager and a goalkeeping coach. Lost to Darvel between heavy losses to Hearts and Hibs. He thought he was bigger than the club. A total disaster.

Yet people probably like yourself defended him for months and months when it was obvious for months he was out his depth. 

7 minutes ago, G man said:

Think the mistake Goodwin made was the meeting with Sir Alex at the weekend of the statue unveiling.A lot of things went to his head maybe tried a bit of old school management and it backfired.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Beechender said:

Think the mistake Goodwin made was the meeting with Sir Alex at the weekend of the statue unveiling.A lot of things went to his head maybe tried a bit of old school management and it backfired.

Goodwin has a tip about himself. He even tried to take credit for us finishing 3rd last season.

Football s a funny old game.After the Hibs 6 0 people would have bitten your hand off for a manager that would take us to third,Europe group stages and a cup final the following season. Mind you we sacked a manager who had us  at least top 4  8 years in a row.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Hoofball said:

I’d say Goodwin and his dark cloud of despair were replaced by someone the squad didn’t hate.

Anyone could’ve taken charge after Goodwin and seen a significant improvement in results, the squad had thrown in the towel and were desperate for Goodwin to be sacked

Anyone probably could have done that but that’s because Goodwin was so bad so Robson might be bad and inconsistent with football that’s not pleasing on the eye but he is also better than Goodwin. 

1 hour ago, Beechender said:

Think the mistake Goodwin made was the meeting with Sir Alex at the weekend of the statue unveiling. A lot of things went to his head maybe tried a bit of old school management and it backfired.

Aye, breakfast with Fergie on the morning of the Utd game. Could have kept that shit to himself but his arrogance and sycophancy prevented it. Tube

2 hours ago, ERNIE said:

Football s a funny old game.After the Hibs 6 0 people would have bitten your hand off for a manager that would take us to third,Europe group stages and a cup final the following season. Mind you we sacked a manager who had us  at least top 4  8 years in a row.

Just taking a minute out of the Clyde coverage to say, for the love of fuck Ernie, give it up min.

5 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

He'll try to manage them himself.

17 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

Just heard the post match interview. He seems lost and confused.

Why is he constantly picking at his fucking ears?

He's not the most comfortable in front of the cameras. That shouldn't be how he's judged though.

He should be judged purely on what's happening on the pitch - results and performances. If he keeps up the 4231 system with a passing the ball on the deck style, and continues to play Barron as the deep lying play maker, I think performances and results will improve. If he reverts to the 532 with Clarkson deep and shelling the ball long then they won't. Will see what happens in the St Johnstone game which is usually an eye-bleeding watch at the best of times, but the kind of game where if we play football we should outpass and outplay them, but if we play hoofball we'll be playing into their hands.

If performances and results are good I don't really care what he says or does in interviews. I'd probably get fed up getting asked the same boring questions, or same trick questions as well. 

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, G man said:

I detested Goodwin and was hugely critical of the decision to appoint him, he was nowhere near good enough for the dons, was an arrogant cunt and as you say alienated the players. It was obvious something happened in Atlanta that led to the calamitous collapse after the World Cup. However despite all of this I stand by my statement that he was a better manager than Barry Robson.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I detested Goodwin and was hugely critical of the decision to appoint him, he was nowhere near good enough for the dons, was an arrogant cunt and as you say alienated the players. It was obvious something happened in Atlanta that led to the calamitous collapse after the World Cup. However despite all of this I stand by my statement that he was a better manager than Barry Robson.

Robson>glass>goodwin

The holy trinity of awful

Will be interesting to see how the 4 at the back with 5 midfielders plays out against teams that aren’t either bottom of the footballing pyramid or have just lost 3-0 to Partick Thistle.

Our midfield options are, in my opinion, the best outside the OF by a good distance but playing them all in the same starting 11 isn’t really a long term fix when one injury or suspension ruins the whole thing. A fast winger with a respectable end product and a defensive midfielder need to be coming in the door before the first of February.

• Upvote 3
15 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

Will be interesting to see how the 4 at the back with 5 midfielders plays out against teams that aren’t either bottom of the footballing pyramid or have just lost 3-0 to Partick Thistle.

Our midfield options are, in my opinion, the best outside the OF by a good distance but playing them all in the same starting 11 isn’t really a long term fix when one injury or suspension ruins the whole thing. A fast winger with a respectable end product and a defensive midfielder need to be coming in the door before the first of February.

Exactly, County (& Clyde now unbelievably 🤣) have deluded a lot of folk into thinking there’s still a chance for Robson to prove his naysayers wrong 🤦‍♂️

Must be about 30-40% of our wins this season have been thanks to County. Definitely 33.33333% in league have been

18 minutes ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

Glass had us trying to play nice football but with crap players. He could probably get a better tune out of these more technically better players. 

I think every one of them are as equally brutal as each other, just that some have different negatives. Goodwins biggest (of many) flaws was his attitude & he definitely didn’t sit well with players at all. Glass was plain a simply a puppet but Robson is the worst ‘tactician’ for sure. Especially combined with his arrogance/stubbornness 

It really is a shockingly bad cycle of managers we’ve had under Cormack. What a legacy so far 🤣

Must be the worst 3 (in a row) we’ve ever had

36 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I think every one of them are as equally brutal as each other, just that some have different negatives. Goodwins biggest (of many) flaws was his attitude & he definitely didn’t sit well with players at all. Glass was plain a simply a puppet but Robson is the worst ‘tactician’ for sure. Especially combined with his arrogance/stubbornness 

It really is a shockingly bad cycle of managers we’ve had under Cormack. What a legacy so far 🤣

Must be the worst 3 (in a row) we’ve ever had

Alex Miller, Ebbe Skovdahl, Steve Paterson.

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Alex Miller, Ebbe Skovdahl, Steve Paterson.

Alex Miller being the worst of that 3 (imo) just for such boring football alone but I also believe that any one of them would be able to have performed better than any of our last 3 given the funding/squad options available & comparative competition they’ve faced.

I don’t think it can be understated just how bad our last three managers have been on so many counts