HJK Helsinki 2 - 2 Aberdeen

9 hours ago, Russell said:

Looking forward to this, hoping for some experimentation with not great pressure on the outcome other than the money side (which Robson i'm sure doesn't give two fucks about). Devlin was hobbling at some point on Sunday, could we get a Dadia sighting?

Dadia is miles off it. No where near SPFL level. He won’t play for AFC and will be back to his parent club in January.

On 11/21/2023 at 9:59 PM, Glass half full said:

We go to Helsinki on the Wednesday via Amsterdam. Ferry to Tallin on the Friday to stay there and make it more of a euro tour. Post any advice you have for Tallin once you have been there bud 👍

I've been in Tallinn the last couple of days. Beautiful wee city and plenty of snow. Alcohol in supermarkets is much the same price as Scotland. I've seen a couple of Irish bars in the Old Town and there's also a Scottish bar. And of course there's plenty of cosy looking local bars. 6 Euros a pint seems the going rate, although there's places that do Happy Hour early evening with beer as low as 2.5 Euros. Wrap up warm folks! It's felt like minus 11 when the wind gets up. 

5 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

I'd play as strong a team as possible. Injuries and niggles taken into account of course. Its our best chance to get a win in Europe this season and to go the whole campaign without a win would be extremely disappointing. Especially given how we let ourselves down at home in previous games.

I hadn’t appreciated it was 500k for a win, which isn’t to be sniffed at. However, I fear for the Hibs game if post European game history is to repeat itself and we are in serious need of league points. Personally, I hope he rests a few with the domestic game in mind. We’ve already proven we can compete with the teams in this group and while a win would be brilliant, it’s not going to make a difference, money aside. Artificial pitch too, which gives me the fear.

suspect that BR will go full strength though. As a novelty and surprise for them he may also choose the long ball game at the expense of our normal, play through the thirds approach! They won’t see that coming. 

On 11/26/2023 at 6:37 PM, Tord31 said:

Mix the team up a bit for this one

Roos

Devlin Gartenmann MacDonald Jensen Mackenzie

Polvara Barron McGrath

Sokler Duk

subs: Doohan, Rubezic, Shinnie, Clarkson, Duncan, Miovski, McGarry, Milne, Hayes, Gueye, Williams, Dadia

Prediction : 3-1 to the good guys

Just give the whole team  another rest, and play the Aberdeen Ladies team. Then we may win on Sunday.