Aberdeen 2 - 1 Hearts

23 minutes ago, VinegarStrokes said:

I know it's a long shot but it would be fuckin magic if folk could lay off the 'get Robson to fuck' chat over the next week at least. I've been highly critical of him myself and don't think he's the man for the job long term but the whole club should be pulling together and backing the players and staff until after the cup final at least, we know he's going nowhere after today's result. We have a great chance to win a trophy next weekend, the huns aren't anything special and we have the players that could get us a result especially in the formation we're likely to adopt at Hampden. 

Thought Polvara was great when he came on, credit to Shinnie and Clarkson also who have had it tight (with justification) who both put in a power of work in the second half typified by LC busting a gut to get a tap in in the 93rd minute. Also don't get the ongoing criticism of Duk, prior to Killie he'd scored on his last 3 starts v Motherwell, PAOK and Helsinki and created plenty in the 20 minutes he got today. He needs to start over Sokler, they're worlds apart IMO

Anyway, great to have a Saturday night where the fitba hasn't ruined the weekend, it's been a while

No chance

I think the booing actually had a positive effect

Need more of that

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Millertime said:

No chance

Need more of that

I'm sure they heard you loud and clear from your sofa 

At the game the supporters got behind the team and drove them forward despite their frustration at the first 45 minutes, a sizeable amount also showed their appreciation after the match as well. 

15 minutes ago, minijc said:

I'm deadly serious, the first half just hammers home how out of his depth he is but thankfully we managed to beat an equally terrible side.

Here's to kicking the can down the road until the next shambolic showing.

Agree with you completely. This is a Hearts side whose form has showed no 'new manager bounce' and have lost as many as they've won, in a very mediocre league. It will do nothing more than paper over a few cracks of our true position.

48 minutes ago, minijc said:

I would agree but with them, at least they were good players and were good at what they done, this lot today were absolutely pish.

aye, hatchet men.

Good afternoon. 

I wish to be directed to the whereabouts of resident spoon burning mong Wester Hailes Skins and request forthwith that he receive it up him repeatedly. Furthermore, there may be periodical requests that he forcefully continue the getting of ‘IT’ in an upward direction, upon his person. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, 

• Haha 3
19 minutes ago, minijc said:

I'm deadly serious, the first half just hammers home how out of his depth he is but thankfully we managed to beat an equally terrible side.

Here's to kicking the can down the road until the next shambolic showing.

Every time we win you say it means nothing as it is against either the worst team in the league or a terrible team. I agree first half was poor but credit should be given for the second half performance.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

The second half should be a lesson for Barry in how to set up his team. If he doesn’t learn from that then there is truly no hope for him. 

He won’t learn tho, he’s too bloody stubborn.

Match notes could read Aberdeen in the first half were completely awful and allowed a shite Hearts team to dictate play and who were rightfully ahead at half time.
The second half was the polar opposite with periods of football breaking out and it was during those periods Aberdeen scored both goals whilst making Hearts look like the shite team that they are. 

Side note, the referee was fucking shocking and how Hearts finished with eleven men on the the pitch I don’t know

31 minutes ago, Millertime said:

No chance

Need more of that

11 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

He won’t learn tho, he’s too bloody stubborn.

Match notes could read Aberdeen in the first half were completely awful and allowed a shite Hearts team to dictate play and who were rightfully ahead at half time.
The second half was the polar opposite with periods of football breaking out and it was during those periods Aberdeen scored both goals whilst making Hearts look like the shite team that they are. 

Side note, the referee was fucking shocking and how Hearts finished with eleven men on the the pitch I don’t know

I agree completely but the nutters love being negative - still we can but hope. Agree with the Referee comment - he bottled it. Hearts should have had about 18 yellows not 9. Typical Hearts - the stats show they have been the dirtiest team for 25 years/

15 minutes ago, G man said:

Every time we win you say it means nothing as it is against either the worst team in the league or a terrible team. I agree first half was poor but credit should be given for the second half performance.

Not entirely true, I'm realistic with what we face, I even said earlier in this thread that we'd maybe win.  Hearts much like us are not a good side, they are capable of the odd performance but in the main they are poor.

Given how poor they were after going 1-0 up it would have been an absolute disgrace to not get something off of them.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

still don't understand why Milne came in as a LWB and Devlin played as a CH , why MacDonald was dropped and Hayes played the 90

Just now, RedRevolution said:

Booing never has a positive effect except to stroke the ego of the average moron who thinks booing his team is something worth doing. 

18 minutes ago, G man said:

1 minute ago, minijc said:

Not entirely true, I'm realistic with what we face, I even said earlier in this thread that we'd maybe win.  Hearts much like us are not a good side, they are capable of the odd performance but in the main they are poor.

Given how poor they were after going 1-0 up it would have been an absolute disgrace to not get something off of them.

Are you mental? Given how poor they were. Hearts played really well for the first 25 minutes and showed that they are a good side. The reason they didnt play well after that is they were dominated by a better side. However - its unlikely you will ever say anything positive about Aberdeen - so that might explain your comments which appear nonsensical to anyone who watched the game.

38 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

still don't understand why Milne came in as a LWB and Devlin played as a CH , why MacDonald was dropped and Hayes played the 90

Milne played RWB and played well. Devlin played more centrally because we struggle to retain the ball with McDonald and Ruby needs a rest. That meant the Devlin and Garment were on the ball and they are far superior passers. Hayes played the 90 because his pace and experience gave us solidity on the left. 

3 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

Are you mental? Given how poor they were. Hearts played really well for the first 25 minutes and showed that they are a good side. The reason they didnt play well after that is they were dominated by a better side. However - its unlikely you will ever say anything positive about Aberdeen - so that might explain your comments which appear nonsensical to anyone who watched the game.

Absolute rubbish, even their own fans have said they started well but weren't that good.  I gave us credit, we were much better from 40mins onwards but Hearts are not a good side, it's embarrassing that their is such a big gap between us and them in the table.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, G man said:

Let's just hope that's how he sets a team up in future. If he does, then perhaps he'll keep his job for a bit longer. If he reverts back to what we saw in the first half then he should be toast. And quickly.