Aberdeen 2 - 1 Hearts

3 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Didn't really matter who won. We're fighting over crumbs.

Aberdeen and Hearts should both be stronger than we are. We both have incompetent managers. We both get turned over at ease by the Glasgow pair. We're both behind St Mirren. We both have a reasonable CF and not a lot else on the park. And both sets of fans are feeling short changed every week.

The occasional win against each other doesn't change these facts.

There'll be various areas where we outdo each other, and I include Hibs here. For example our player sales income is shocking versus both Aberdeen and Hibs. But our turnover is higher. Blah blah.

But these three teams collectively should be stronger. Everything up here is designed to keep two teams a distance apart from the rest.

Aberdeen salary bill 4m.

Hearts salary bill 4.4m.

Hibs salary bill 4.8m.

Rotherham salary bill 8.4m.

That salary bill will need reduced as non playing costs, or debt will go up! You’re gonna need a bigger boat to accommodate the 237k fans on the season ticket waiting lists!

will someone please, for once,  think of those that are desperate to watch hearts but can’t get in…

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, The Lighthouse said:

It`s always good to win but we should also remember where are are in the context of this season. Utterly unacceptable is my take on it.

At 3.00pm we were 2nd bottom of the league, albeit with (allegedly) the 3rd highest budget....

The defeat at home against Kilmarnock was the last straw for me (6-0 against the Tims was fkn diabolic but somehow seems to have been brushed aside) - regardless of whatever happened today. 

Even if we somehow manage to beat the huns next week(£100 to a named charity if we do - let me know) I am still unlikely to change my mind on the current administration / management.  Robson is simply not equipped to deal with the challnges ahead. He is not a manager and overwhelming evidence is there for all to see. Witness the start today..motivational speaches...?

In an ideal world we have a change of owner next year but that is highly unlikely. As someone else said in a previous thread, the opening of the long awaited training ground has coincided with a complete collapse in the capability of the team...despite various changes in manager. Dodging dog shite at public parks was a much better option it appears.

I have followed Aberdeen over a number of decades and since the early 1990`s we have spiralled downwards ...2 League Cups against utterly shite Dundee and Inverness teams doesn`t cover up the decline.

The malaise in our once great club continues... dismiss the 2nd half today and think about it. Are we happy with this situation? Fuck no - I am alll for complete change. Has Burrows made any impact? Has Cormack improved anything (apart from building - and naming the training ground)?

The 80’s are not coming back, m8

• Dildo 1
5 hours ago, ahead on alphabet said:

So the fact we couldn't break them down didn't have anything to do with our tactics?

And

We would only have been able to break them down playing against 10 as they are so good? 

Some team that Helsinki.

Actually we were also very defensive in that game too. Robson hoped they would come out and we could counter them as it's all he has. 

Even when we didn’t have Robson as manager we have really struggled to break down teams that want to come and sit in defensive. 

4 hours ago, perthshirered said:

If a team is intent on sitting deep and denying space id have thought even folk from Thurso would have the brains to realise you don't try to launch the ball long straight at them. 

I’m not condoning long ball tactics I personally like the barcalona tica taca football but when we try long ball our players doing it just hoof it as their distribution isn’t very good. 

4 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

That salary bill will need reduced as non playing costs, or debt will go up! You’re gonna need a bigger boat to accommodate the 237k fans on the season ticket waiting lists!

will someone please, for once,  think of those that are desperate to watch hearts but can’t get in…

Re original comment on turnover etc. I agree we should all be doing better and the Scottish system is designed to keep everybody behind the ugly sister. Your numbers are way out though. I saw something doing the rounds a few weeks ago saying AFC wages were £4mm. In fact they are £11.6mm and 75% of turnover which last year climbed back to match precovid levels. (See afc accounts for full details). Of course this is still poor compared to the English championship and dwarfed by Celtic and Rangers. 

8 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Aberdeen and Hearts should both be stronger than we are. We both have incompetent managers. We both get turned over at ease by the Glasgow pair. We're both behind St Mirren. We both have a reasonable CF and not a lot else on the park. And both sets of fans are feeling short changed every week.

There'll be various areas where we outdo each other, and I include Hibs here. For example our player sales income is shocking versus both Aberdeen and Hibs. But our turnover is higher. Blah blah.

But these three teams collectively should be stronger. Everything up here is designed to keep two teams a distance apart from the rest.

Aberdeen salary bill 4m.

Hearts salary bill 4.4m.

Hibs salary bill 4.8m.

Similar reply to the above below on the other follow ups. Agree that in principle we the system is designed to keep everyone well away from the ugly sister. Your numbers are incorrect though. Aberdeen's wage bill last year was £11.6 million under a turnover of a £15.8. million. This was a return to turnover levels reached pre covid. See AFC published accounts for details.

8 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Aberdeen salary bill 4m.

Hearts salary bill 4.4m.

Hibs salary bill 4.8m.

You normally come on here speaking a load of shite about the no mark players that your club signs, then go on about how much better Hearts are going to be than Aberdeen.

Your shitey mob of thugs get turned over and suddenly it’s not that your team is shite, it’s the system that’s broke man, and we should all sit up and take notice. Blah blah fucking blah.

Hanging out on another club’s forum is deeply pathetic behaviour and you are clearly a fucking weirdo. Please fuck off and take that Hibs cunt with you.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
47 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Some amount of Dons fans bearing their arse online by doubting Duk’s assist yesterday 🤦

Don’t understand that, clear as day he shaped his foot for a wee dunked chipped pass. Defender running on the line would have blocked any small chip over the arm of the goalie anyway, folks are nuts

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

I'm sorry, I'm out. That's got absolutely nothing to do with your initial claims that dodgy refs were to blame for us not getting more points from the group stages. 

😂 ok my point stands then. If they did their jobs right we would probably have got more points so not all on robson. Yes in the league he’s been poor but in Europe other things have cost us. 

1 hour ago, thurso said:

😂 ok my point stands then. If they did their jobs right we would probably have got more points so not all on robson. Yes in the league he’s been poor but in Europe other things have cost us. 

If you say so. Refs are dodgy and cost us points. We should definitely have been in with a chance of qualifying through the groups if it wasn't for those dodgy refs. 😂