Summer 2024 window

18 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Knowing we already have Devlin and Milne, if we can get Ramsay on loan then thats a no brainer low risk signing for right back.

Why would it be low risk? As I've already said, he's hardly played at at all this season and right now is struggling to even get a place on the bench for an EFL1 team. Yes Liverpool might well heavily subsidise his wages in any loan but if he's not good enough to play for whatever reason it would still be a waste of time and money for us.

We certainly need competition (ideally an upgrade) for Devlin but we took a gamble on an unknown quantity this season signing Dadia on loan. We don't actually know if he was any good as he never played but the last thing we need to do is sign another gamble player which Ramsay would be. If we were getting the same player back that we sold to Liverpool  then of course it would be a no brainer but he has had a very serious injury (which it appears he already had when we sold him) that ruined his first season there and since returning to fitness this season, something clearly is wrong with him that he can barely get any action with 2 clubs in England's lower leagues. 

• Upvote 1
On 3/31/2024 at 11:05 AM, Willo flood said:

Liam Kelly has been utter horseshit the past year or two 

One of the goals he conceded yesterday was terrible.

He never progressed as was expected and I don’t want him near AFC.

12 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Why would it be low risk? As I've already said, he's hardly played at at all this season and right now is struggling to even get a place on the bench for an EFL1 team. Yes Liverpool might well heavily subsidise his wages in any loan but if he's not good enough to play for whatever reason it would still be a waste of time and money for us.

We certainly need competition (ideally an upgrade) for Devlin but we took a gamble on an unknown quantity this season signing Dadia on loan. We don't actually know if he was any good as he never played but the last thing we need to do is sign another gamble player which Ramsay would be. If we were getting the same player back that we sold to Liverpool  then of course it would be a no brainer but he has had a very serious injury (which it appears he already had when we sold him) that ruined his first season there and since returning to fitness this season, something clearly is wrong with him that he can barely get any action with 2 clubs in England's lower leagues. 

Main reason it is low risk is because Devlin will be our number 1 right back next season and anyone who thinks otherwise, unfortunately, needs a reality check.

43 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Main reason it is low risk is because Devlin will be our number 1 right back next season and anyone who thinks otherwise, unfortunately, needs a reality check.

With Devlin I'd be playing Ramsay further forward in a more attacking role where I think he has potential to excel. 

8 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

With Devlin I'd be playing Ramsay further forward in a more attacking role where I think he has potential to excel. 

if they both deserve a place in the team then they'll both play.

I dont think its one we'll go for but I see it as low risk

10 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Knowing we already have Devlin and Milne, if we can get Ramsay on loan then thats a no brainer low risk signing for right back.

RB / RWB is the most obvious transfer need for Hearts in the summer. Going to be interesting to see how both our clubs address. 

Strain at St Mirren the obvious OOC target for both clubs. But think he'll head south.

22 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

RB / RWB is the most obvious transfer need for Hearts in the summer. Going to be interesting to see how both our clubs address. 

Strain at St Mirren the obvious OOC target for both clubs. But think he'll head south.

No-one asked your opinion.

Fuk off.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 11
19 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Nope.

No point in signing an injury prone crock.

Let’s just be happy we pulled Liverpool’s pants down & look elsewhere. 

18 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Would Ryan Strain at St Mirren be an option at right back? 
Out of contract in the summer.

There was talk of Hearts being interested. 

Just returning from a fairly long-term injury of 4-5 months 

11 hours ago, Willo flood said:

Feel like we have missed the boat on both of them

I suspect that you would get Cameron for circa £450k. 

McGowan is 26 (I think) now and would be more of a squad player in my eyes. Cameron though looks like he has a lot of potential. The problem is we're probably not a very attractive option to him just now.

Just realised I stuck this in the wrong thread;

Burrows suggesting in his interview that  deals for some players were ready to be done but the players in question wanted to know who the manager would be first before signing - probably wanting to know what league we’ll be in too. Wonder if we’ll see any pre-contract announcements in the coming weeks.

On 4/17/2024 at 11:45 AM, pittodriepie83 said:

Burrows suggesting in his interview that  deals for some players were ready to be done but the players in question wanted to know who the manager would be first before signing - probably wanting to know what league we’ll be in too. Wonder if we’ll see any pre-contract announcements in the coming weeks.

once we beat Motherwell on Sat then that should secure our place in top flight next season so any undecided players will be safe to sign up - whether the new manager want them is another question though

On 4/17/2024 at 11:45 AM, pittodriepie83 said:

Could some or all of that comment relate to our own players? We dont have a track record of signing players on Bosmans 2-3 months in advance

Should look at Jizz Hornkamp from Heracles in Holland. Good Aberdeen type player as recovered from serious ankle injury but more seriously as 6 foot, built like a brick outhouse type striker if Gueye doesn't fit JT plans. Also few fans would like Jizz on their shirts the way they get excited on here

• Haha 1
On 4/22/2024 at 12:25 PM, Tord31 said:

Keeper is first priority so hopefully we are well down the line with that.

A 12 month loan deal for Hakon Valdimarsson seems like an obvious move to make. Young keeper with huge potential who has already worked with him and been given his first chance by him. Not quite ready for EPL  and is behind their top 2 keepers after his big money move in Jan. He will need more game time to develop and Brantford you would expect will be looking to send him out to get more experience. 

Would seem like a sensible move for all parties so send him to Scotland to work with his former manager for another 12 months so get more games under his belt to help develop and get used to physicality of football in UK.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

A 12 month loan deal for Hakon Valdimarsson seems like an obvious move to make. Young keeper with huge potential who has already worked with him and been given his first chance by him. Not quite ready for EPL  and is behind their top 2 keepers after his big money move in Jan. He will need more game time to develop and Brantford you would expect will be looking to send him out to get more experience. 

Would seem like a sensible move for all parties so send him to Scotland to work with his former manager for another 12 months so get more games under his belt to help develop and get used to physicality of football in UK.

I like that keeper shout a lot!!

I'd be tempted to change two keepers if our first pick ended up being high calibre loan