Summer 2024 window

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

What, we're not allowed to until then?

God forbid that the club, anyone associated with the club or even fans should think more than three games ahead.

I mean, who can be arsed with planning right?

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Could be old news, I won’t be back tracking 9 pages. My mate who isn’t an Aberdeen fan telling me Liam Kelly done deal for the summer.

Not saying he won't end up here eventually, but I would question 

a) why would Kelly commit to a managerless club 

B) why would the club offer him a deal when the new manager might have his own goalkeeper he wants to bring in?

Kelly (Motherwell) was very good. Up to and including last season.

He's been rank fucking rotten this season though.

Seems strange we'd be offering a contract to a player that whoever our new boss might turn out to be may not actually want. Albeit a new 'keeper probably is our number 1 need for next season.

1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

Not saying he won't end up here eventually, but I would question 

a) why would Kelly commit to a managerless club 

B) why would the club offer him a deal when the new manager might have his own goalkeeper he wants to bring in?

It shouldn’t matter who the manager is in regards to signings they should all meet the criteria for the way we want to play. Which means that the manager incoming should meet that criteria. That’s suppost to be the case but the last 2 managers have been defensive so it makes zero sense. 

• Upvote 2

Going to be interesting to see the extent of the summer rebuild, which will be dictated by the outgoings and also Cormack’s continued faith in his own policy of over investing his budget by £2m every season, backed up by player sales.

In terms of outgoings, we know we are losing Roos, Hayes, Barron and probably Miovski and maybe Duk. Gartenman will go back to his parent club and Hoilet will be let go. Offers will be listened to for McGarry, Jensen and Gueye.

So what does that leave us requiring? As I said, all depends of Dave’s budget but we may have to make do with a new goalie, centre half, centre defensive midfielder and striker. Pair of loan wingers from England and that might be our lot.

Which means continuing with Devlin and McKenzie at full back but that area might need to wait till the following summer before being addressed.

5 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Going to be interesting to see the extent of the summer rebuild, which will be dictated by the outgoings and also Cormack’s continued faith in his own policy of over investing his budget by £2m every season, backed up by player sales.

In terms of outgoings, we know we are losing Roos, Hayes, Barron and probably Miovski and maybe Duk. Gartenman will go back to his parent club and Hoilet will be let go. Offers will be listened to for McGarry, Jensen and Gueye.

So what does that leave us requiring? As I said, all depends of Dave’s budget but we may have to make do with a new goalie, centre half, centre defensive midfielder and striker. Pair of loan wingers from England and that might be our lot.

Which means continuing with Devlin and McKenzie at full back but that area might need to wait till the following summer before being addressed.

That player sale model is a great idea unless you sell the likes of Ramadani for a paltry million with no idea of replacing him. That just handicaps the team

22 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

That player sale model is a great idea unless you sell the likes of Ramadani for a paltry million with no idea of replacing him. That just handicaps the team

Signed for £100k. Sell for 1 mill. Use the profits to appoint director of football, director of football operations, director of fan zone, chief executive and compensation for sacking wads o managers. 

ace

On 4/5/2024 at 3:04 PM, aberdeenfc1983 said:

realistic 2024 Aberdeen window 

thelin or Robbie Keane as manager 

sell everyone apart from 

Doohan Mackenzie MacDonald Ruby devlin shinnie McGrath Polvara Sokler 

You’re assuming someone will buy the dross. We’d struggle to Give most of them away! The terrifying thing is Dave and his cabal clearly think that, despite numerous games this season to the contrary, the squad is good enough just needs the right manager (despite 3 being unable to get a tune out of them). The FMB cannot see what everyone else can and I suspect we’ll start next season with the majority of what we have or similar replacements based on “data”. I sincerely hope I’m wrong.

22 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Calvin Ramsay on season long loan from Liverpool next season?

Not getting a sniff at Bolton after not getting a sniff at Preston after not getting a sniff at Liverpool. 

Appreciate he's had injuries but he really has to kick-start his career next season. 

Nope.

No point in signing an injury prone crock.

Let’s just be happy we pulled Liverpool’s pants down & look elsewhere. 

38 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Calvin Ramsay on season long loan from Liverpool next season?

Not getting a sniff at Bolton after not getting a sniff at Preston after not getting a sniff at Liverpool. 

Appreciate he's had injuries but he really has to kick-start his career next season. 

If he can't get a sniff at those 2 clubs, he really shouldn't be good enough to get a sniff for us either. Sadly looks like injuries have taken a toll on him and he'll never realise the potential he showed with us.

25 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

If he can't get a sniff at those 2 clubs, he really shouldn't be good enough to get a sniff for us either. Sadly looks like injuries have taken a toll on him and he'll never realise the potential he showed with us.

Would Ryan Strain at St Mirren be an option at right back? 
Out of contract in the summer.

There was talk of Hearts being interested. 

Just returning from a fairly long-term injury of 4-5 months 

41 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Bit early to write Ramsay off, he's only 20.   Needs a run without injuries and a good pre season. 

Still time for him to have a decent career somewhere. 

The Preston manager was absolutely scathing about him. Now at the time I thought maybe it's just a personality clash between the pair of them and that it would be best for both parties if Liverpool recalled him and found him another club to loan him out to....which they did in the league below Preston. Bolton are going well and if they don't get automatic promotion, they look like they'll at worst be in the play-offs. So clearly are a decent side....but a £4m player should be able to play regularly at that level. Indeed in the last 5 weeks or so he's only made the bench twice out of eight matches...and he wasn't used in the 2 he did make.

I'm not totally writing him off but whilst he's hardly played at either club he's been on loan at this season, in the interim back at Liverpool Conor Bradley has come in and established himself. I think it's safe to say Ramsay's career there is effectively over already and Liverpool will look to ship him out anywhere in the summer, preferably permanently (but accepting they'll make a whopping great loss on him)......if not then on loan again, for the full season. 

Someone like Motherwell or Dundee might take a chance on him on that basis (they certainly couldn't afford to cover his wages even if Liverpool were willing to let him go on a free transfer). But if he stays down south, it might well be he ends up at some total dross like Exeter or Port Vale or the likes.

Just now, Ten Caat said:

The Preston manager was absolutely scathing about him. Now at the time I thought maybe it's just a personality clash between the pair of them and that it would be best for both parties if Liverpool recalled him and found him another club to loan him out to....which they did in the league below Preston. Bolton are going well and if they don't get automatic promotion, they look like they'll at worst be in the play-offs. So clearly are a decent side....but a £4m player should be able to play regularly at that level. Indeed in the last 5 weeks or so he's only made the bench twice out of eight matches...and he wasn't used in the 2 he did make.

I'm not totally writing him off but whilst he's hardly played at either club he's been on loan at this season, in the interim back at Liverpool Conor Bradley has come in and established himself. I think it's safe to say Ramsay's career there is effectively over already and Liverpool will look to ship him out anywhere in the summer, preferably permanently (but accepting they'll make a whopping great loss on him)......if not then on loan again, for the full season. 

Someone like Motherwell or Dundee might take a chance on him on that basis (they certainly couldn't afford to cover his wages even if Liverpool were willing to let him go on a free transfer). But if he stays down south, it might well be he ends up at some total dross like Exeter or Port Vale or the likes.

A loan move to Scotland would be good for him next season. 

Could see someone like Tony Doc taking him. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

You talk a fair amount of pish with such an air of authority that it makes me chuckle.

Ramsay is still a very young lad trying to overcome injuries with his confidence at rock bottom. He needs his confidence building back up and a chance to play regularly at a club he's comfortable with - Aberdeen. 

I would welcome him back with open arms and I'd be confident he'd be a great signing.

• Upvote 1