30 minutes ago, ullevi said:

It’s a jolly for him, he will walk away say it wasn’t his fault the next time he is on talksport. 

He was brought in to make a difference and we are worse under him 

Warnock is not to blame entirely, but I was at least hoping that with his experience he would get the best out of the shite we have. Taking over clubs that are struggling is his speciality apparently is it not. 

Just shows how utterly rotten we are if he can't make any progress with us. 

1 minute ago, sheepshagger said:

Said it would be a disaster getting Warnock in, folk said it would be a laugh, not glad to be proved right. 

Well, you say that, but you've cast it up, so you must be?

You're a complete non-entity on here so nobody would have remembered anyway

• Haha 6
  • Dildo 1
7 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Togetherness, physicality, balls

Warnocks assessment on what we were missing today and what we lack generally.

Folk on here boring the arse off everyone talking about philosophy and playing style. 

To win games you need those basic elements Warno mentioned.

Hopefully the next manager understands this aswell and we can kick on and start winning games. Forget about philosophy and playing style. 

This is spot on. McInnes has made a good living out of getting players together with those three things and playing a relatively simple style of football. It's all that's required for success in the Scottish game. If you can afford slightly more talented players with those basic traits than other teams you will get a consistency which will take you to 3rd spot in the league pretty much every season. Togetherness, physicality and balls is the bare minimum required and without it it doesn't matter how talented your players are or how good they come across on a stats database.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

This is spot on. McInnes has made a good living out of getting players together with those three things and playing a relatively simple style of football. It's all that's required for success in the Scottish game. If you can afford slightly more talented players with those basic traits than other teams you will get a consistency which will take you to 3rd spot in the league pretty much every season. Togetherness, physicality and balls is the bare minimum required and without it it doesn't matter how talented your players are or how good they come across on a stats database.

I sort of agree but I never really seen us as being that physical under McInnes, this isn't a criticism of his or his teams btw, just felt to me at times that we were soft under him as well and that's more on the players than the manager himself.

48 minutes ago, ullevi said:

It’s a jolly for him, he will walk away say it wasn’t his fault the next time he is on talksport. 

He was brought in to make a difference and we are worse under him 

You know what. Fuck off with that shite.

It's far from a jolly for him. Do you think he wants to sully or sign off his career with this shower of shite hanging over him.

He's probably one of the most competent managers we've had in a long time. McInnes aside.

He's called it right. It's a shite, unbalanced, weak a piss, gutless, heartless squad he's taken on. Nothing like what he prides himself on.

See some football fans. They're fucking idiots. They like/love the game. But they sure as fuck don't understand it.

• Upvote 13

"We haven't got enough. We've got Shinnie who talks, and that's about it. It is difficult on the surface. We've got to try and give them an edge that they haven't got. They should be battling and winning tackles, it wasn't there in the second half and I'm disappointed.

"I've just got to do whatever I can. It's going to be a big job for somebody coming in. The recruitment's got to be right. There's too many players of the same ilk.

"They're not nasty or anything like that. How many times did they leave the foot in today and the referee doesn't do anything about it. Why don't we leave a foot in? Why don't we be a little bit nasty sometimes? it doesn't do any harm."

Too many lightweight midfielders, too many 'ball playing' defenders and obviously no wingers. All for Warnock calling out the club every week.

He's right though, we have too many players that can probably play a pass to a winger but we have no wingers go find.

Defence is weak, 

Get the next appointment wrong we're fucked, this upcoming summer is going to cost Cormack a fortune, new management team and basically a whole new starting eleven, I hope the FMB take not of what Warnock is saying. 

18 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Miovski and Rubicev have something about them mentally I think. Shinnie has the heart but not the legs. 

But it's slim pickings. 

Ruby is just mental and I think Warnock would love him, Miovski has something about him as he hasn’t allowed himself to be brought down by a shite manager or the piss poor player around him but he’s not going to drag a team with him or make those cynical fouls. 

Shinnie is fucked in my opinion and isn’t that great a leader as was shown against Bonnyrigg Rose when he got hooked at half time after letting their number 9 get into his head and picking up a yellow card

9 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

You know what. Fuck off with that shite.

It's far from a jolly for him. Do you think he wants to sully or sign off his career with this shower of shite hanging over him.

He's probably one of the most competent managers we've had in a long time. McInnes aside.

He's called it right. It's a shite, unbalanced, weak a piss, gutless, heartless squad he's taken on. Nothing like what he prides himself on.

See some football fans. They're fucking idiots. They like/love the game. But they sure as fuck don't understand it.

He was brought as he is supposedly the type of manager who can make a difference and motivate players who are low on confidence. 

Motherwell game he waits until we are three down before making a change, he wasn’t up here for 4 days last week when he needed to be working with the players he has, why wasn’t he on the training pitch improving or implementing a style of play. 

9 minutes ago, Russell said:

"We haven't got enough. We've got Shinnie who talks, and that's about it. It is difficult on the surface. We've got to try and give them an edge that they haven't got. They should be battling and winning tackles, it wasn't there in the second half and I'm disappointed.

"I've just got to do whatever I can. It's going to be a big job for somebody coming in. The recruitment's got to be right. There's too many players of the same ilk.

"They're not nasty or anything like that. How many times did they leave the foot in today and the referee doesn't do anything about it. Why don't we leave a foot in? Why don't we be a little bit nasty sometimes? it doesn't do any harm."

Too many lightweight midfielders, too many 'ball playing' defenders and obviously no wingers. All for Warnock calling out the club every week.

A damning indictment of the pish recruitment there.

Most of them on long contracts.

We are a fucking shambles.  
And in a fight to avoid the play off spot. 
And we don’t have a team of fighters. 

3 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Ruby is just mental and I think Warnock would love him, Miovski has something about him as he hasn’t allowed himself to be brought down by a shite manager or the piss poor player around him but he’s not going to drag a team with him or make those cynical fouls. 

Shinnie is fucked in my opinion and isn’t that great a leader as was shown against Bonnyrigg Rose when he got hooked at half time after letting their number 9 get into his head and picking up a yellow card

Shinnie is done. 
He doesn’t have the energy to be box to box, & he doesn’t have the discipline to be purely a sitting midfielder.

• Upvote 3
5 minutes ago, ullevi said:

He was brought as he is supposedly the type of manager who can make a difference and motivate players who are low on confidence. 

Motherwell game he waits until we are three down before making a change, he wasn’t up here for 4 days last week when he needed to be working with the players he has, why wasn’t he on the training pitch improving or implementing a style of play. 

Robson is still on the touch line thinking about making a sub.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Hairdrier said:

Not convinced that Warnock brings anything other than a last of the summer wine vibe. 

That and stating the bloody obvious about the quality of the squad. Ey up.

Bare minimum, he has to come down the Broadhill in a bathtub before he leaves. Him and Dave. Are you with me👍

• Haha 3
9 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Superb post match conference from warnock, one of the best I've ever seen actually

Problem is, we aren't remotely safe and if the pansy players we have react to it the way the ones with Goodwin did, we are in trouble

I'd seriously get a good few under 18s in

Surely Jack Milne gets a shot? 

Some right cringey shit if folk are turning on Warnock already. Probably the last person at the club who should be receiving criticism atm.

Unfortunately, it's going to be a case of sucking it up and seeing out the season. Players have shown they don't give a fuck, whether they're publicly bigged up or criticised by the manager, so they can (mostly) look forward to seeing out their careers in some shitey foreign lower-level club after this.

• Upvote 3

Warnock has been a reasonably successful manager at a good level for thousands of games over many years.

He has more knowledge about the game than the entire playing and backroom staff at our club.

I feel like he knows what he's talking about.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

Warnock has been a reasonably successful manager at a good level for thousands of games over many years.

He has more knowledge about the game than the entire playing and backroom staff at our club.

I feel like he knows what he's talking about.

Well he certainly Ken's far mare than the posters in here

For me Warnock wasn't going to make much of a difference to the product on the pitch. But if he gives Dave some home truths before the end of the season I will be quite happy. 

The club is being run into the gutter, Dave is making a complete arse of things and I am quite happy for Warnock to not shy away from saying it as it is. 

• Upvote 6
13 minutes ago, ullevi said:

So. Are these differences achievable over a short period of time. Or are they short term bounces masking the real issues and deficiencies in the squad?

He’s right in everything he says. Dave better to listen to his insights. Big summer recruitment this year. The boy who was in charge of last summers transfers has failed miserably compared to his predecessor. 
Defence look all over the place. Can’t clear a ball. Can’t head it clear. Fucking shambles. 
Whoever agreed to let us let our wingers go and not sign any needs out the club. I put that on the DOF and the lack of personnel to play outside a fucking 3-5-2 without a plan B. 
Warnock can only piss with this substandard cock he’s got.