1 minute ago, King Street Loon said:

My head is firmly out of the sand.

I've seen this scenario play out a few times since the mid 90s.

Managers don't have magic wands. Foolish of fans to think they do.

I like Warnock. The results are not what they should be. Far from it. But I actually appreciate the airing of forthright views regarding the state of the club on a footballing side of things. Too often managers sugar-coat things and don't tell the true story, even though we as fans know the issues. I appreciate the honesty.

But, that doesn't make him a miracle worker and able to change things in the space of a few weeks.

What's he's inherited is the worst of modern football. Weak, pitifully, self entitled footballers who think they are untouchable because of the inflated salaries and status their profession brings them.

I don't blame him, I blame the culture he's come into and is rapidly pushing him out of the game.

Football is fucked. 

Also spot on. 

Too many folk think managers are miracle workers. Players get protected all the time, folk always worried the players might get upset about the truth being pointed out to them. 

Players need to take more responsibility for their own performances. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, minijc said:

He can't win with some fans, other week he was getting slaughtered for being too nice and not taking it seriously enough because he made a joke, now he's being too harsh, what a place.

I suspect Warnock has been shocked at what he has in his squad. Whoever assembled this bunch of individuals needs to be called out. Is it Gunn or the FMB? I firmly believe many of the players cannot cope with the physicality of the Scottish game. We are conceding bad goals and if Miovski doesn't score we lose. He has been outstanding all season but everyone has off days. Warnock needs to make a number of changes on Wednesday. When a team  plays badly changes need to be made. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Also spot on. 

Too many folk think managers are miracle workers. Players get protected all the time, folk always worried the players might get upset about the truth being pointed out to them. 

Players need to take more responsibility for their own performances. 

Like the other poster said warnock is telling the truth and is clearly old school. We all know that this way of management doesn’t work anymore because all the modern players are fairies. Whilst we sit here and agree with him my argument is I don’t think he will get the response he wants. The players will crumble. Probably moan like fuck behind his back and post their wee sneaky moany bastard posts on instagram. 

If it works I will be the first to put my hand up and say I got him wrong 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, G man said:

I suspect Warnock has been shocked at what he has in his squad. Whoever assembled this bunch of individuals needs to be called out. Is it Gunn or the FMB? I firmly believe many of the players cannot cope with the physicality of the Scottish game. We are conceding bad goals and if Miovski doesn't score we lose. He has been outstanding all season but everyone has off days. Warnock needs to make a number of changes on Wednesday. When a team  plays badly changes need to be made. 

I think his comments are obvious. 

We've assembled a squad based on data with minimal scouting. We've not based any of our decision making on their mental strengths and weaknesses and their internal desire and motivation to perform under pressure.

So they are all a bit samey from a personality point of view. He wants a few who are going to noise the quieter lads up and get them going and a few who are going to have a bit of dig and match up with other teams physically. Our lot just plod along. 

• Upvote 2
33 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

1. ---

2. Devlin   3. ---    4. ---   5. Mackenzie 

6. ---          7. McGrath 

8. ---            10. Clarkson      11. ---

9. Miovski

That for me is the extent of the 'talent' in the squad. Leaving out Barron as he's gone and leaving in Devlin and Mackenzie at full back as they can perform at times. 

Mcgraths a decent player but I’d actually consider selling him if we can get half decent money. We just don’t need him and clarkson. It’s so imbalanced shoehorning them both in. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, scottymc said:

Like the other poster said warnock is telling the truth and is clearly old school. We all know that this way of management doesn’t work anymore because all the modern players are fairies. Whilst we sit here and agree with him my argument is I don’t think he will get the response he wants. The players will crumble. Probably moan like fuck behind his back and post their wee sneaky moany bastard posts on instagram. 

If it works I will be the first to put my hand up and say I got him wrong 

They haven't responded all season to being protected so he might as well try and see if their pride can be hurt to get a response. 

I agree it probably won't work but I think he's right to try and get a reaction. What's the point otherwise? 

16 minutes ago, G man said:

Going by his comments it does seem like he thought/was told before he came in that it was a good squad of underperforming players. He’s quickly found out that they’re probably performing at their level. 

15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

They haven't responded all season to being protected so he might as well try and see if their pride can be hurt to get a response. 

I agree it probably won't work but I think he's right to try and get a reaction. What's the point otherwise? 

Is the conventional wisdom not call them out privately and defend publicly?

I have no issue with him issuing a challenge to them. Let’s see what happens. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Dandys1983 said:

Well he certainly Ken's far mare than the posters in here

I think a few will take that comment as a personal attack on their assumed vast knowledge of everything fitba.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

Going by his comments it does seem like he thought/was told before he came in that it was a good squad of underperforming players. He’s quickly found out that they’re probably performing at their level. 

I think the team's absolute lack of testicles has been a serious shock to him.

Listening to him speak he's quickly discovered that this is not a team of men, for the most part.

10 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Listening to him speak he's quickly discovered that this is not a team of men, for the most part.

I wonder if he will dust down the free agents list looking to bring in a couple of bruisers to stiffen our defence and midfield just to help see out the season?

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I think when you compare his comments now to when he first came in, he was clearly excited and had certain expectations, probably based on what "Dave" and "Alan" had told/promised him when persuading him to come north.

Now he's had a few weeks to assess the squad and see what they're made of he's disappointed with the the standard of player he's inherited, not so much their ability as footballers but their personal qualities as men.

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Hope so

We need it

I'm going the other way on this one. Purely because it takes so long for a free agent to gain their fitness/match fitness and integrate with the squad and we have so few games remaining. We definitely need something though. My hopes are pinned on some of the, until now fringe players proving transformative.

7 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

Warnock for DOF 

Was thinking this earlier.

May have always been the plan and why he’s turned down other, more lucrative gigs.

Short-term management role, work out what is needed then move upstairs and work with a new manager to restructure the football operation. Keeping Cormack miles away from it and Gunn back to booking flights / making tea.

Warnock tells the truth and the truth is we are physically weak in both defence and especially in midfield

He knows he only here for for a few months nothing he can really do but hold the 

fort and try and instill some belief .

But when your players can't tackle or defend what can you do. I see Warnock as more of a consultant , I hope he he writing up dossiers on all are players and handing it in to the FMB to advise your recruitment is shite you have no balance in your squad, How can you expect to win games with no physical presence in midfield 

For fucksake think about who you are signing if they are a clone of player who has no physical presence why bring in two more with the same credentials  and that's exactly what are recruitment does. There is no vision by the club what we actually nee

Massive rebuild required next season, we are going to lose millions financially this season unless a miracle happens and we win the cup or make the top six. It's looking more like a relegation battle by the week

Cormack and the FMB have some reflection to do on there own preformance this season as well as taking the choice to appointment 3 shit managers in quick succession and who the fuck do try and get in for next season and who the fuck would seriously wants  to manage are club apart from some failed journeyman 

Also get rid of Gunn he is not a footballing man and has to much influence operationally basically he is is an overated pen pusher

It hurts me me to see the Dons in such a sorry state at the moment highly paid players who consistently underperformed who cannot do the basics but that's where we are

31 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

I'm going the other way on this one. Purely because it takes so long for a free agent to gain their fitness/match fitness and integrate with the squad and we have so few games remaining. We definitely need something though. My hopes are pinned on some of the, until now fringe players proving transformative.

I wish we had fringe players who could step in and make the difference.

In terms of where our real weaknesses are;

Roos is pish but is Doohan really an improvement? - I'd like to see a good experienced keeper brought in

Jensen and Garter are pussies but MacD is unfit, Milne is untested and Ruby is injured. - I'd like to see us bring in an old school, no nonsense, put it in row Z centre half who can organise a defence.

We need a midfield enforcer type who'll put the boot in and bully the opposition.  We've got loads of central midfielders but I don't think anyone in our squad fits that bill.

Width.  We need width.  I don't see the likes of Duncan as being the answer.

Given the above, in order of preference for me given the current squad I'd go CB, CM, GK, Winger.  If we can find even one of those on the freebies list I'd be happy, but I'd love us to sign a no nonsense CB and a midfield hard bastard.

1 minute ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I wish we had fringe players who could step in and make the difference.

In terms of where our real weaknesses are;

Roos is pish but is Doohan really an improvement? - I'd like to see a good experienced keeper brought in

Jensen and Garter are pussies but MacD is unfit, Milne is untested and Ruby is injured. - I'd like to see us bring in an old school, no nonsense, put it in row Z centre half who can organise a defence.

We need a midfield enforcer type who'll put the boot in and bully the opposition.  We've got loads of central midfielders but I don't think anyone in our squad fits that bill.

Width.  We need width.  I don't see the likes of Duncan as being the answer.

Given the above, in order of preference for me given the current squad I'd go CB, CM, GK, Winger.  If we can find even one of those on the freebies list I'd be happy, but I'd love us to sign a no nonsense CB and a midfield hard bastard.

Hopefully the freebies list includes better players than the winger we’ve signed.

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think his comments are obvious. 

We've assembled a squad based on data with minimal scouting. We've not based any of our decision making on their mental strengths and weaknesses and their internal desire and motivation to perform under pressure.

So they are all a bit samey from a personality point of view. He wants a few who are going to noise the quieter lads up and get them going and a few who are going to have a bit of dig and match up with other teams physically. Our lot just plod along. 

Absolutely spot on. I think they've all been playing FM with no consideration given to the minerals of the player brought in.

1 hour ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I think when you compare his comments now to when he first came in, he was clearly excited and had certain expectations, probably based on what "Dave" and "Alan" had told/promised him when persuading him to come north.

Now he's had a few weeks to assess the squad and see what they're made of he's disappointed with the the standard of player he's inherited, not so much their ability as footballers but their personal qualities as men.

A team of pussies. 

18 minutes ago, RUL said:

Just get the senile fuck away from afc and stop pretending he’s any kind of wisdom to bestow on us. He’s fucking useless 

Okay, so what miracle worker is brought in to change things in the meantime?

1 hour ago, JamieMT said:

Well, surely its obvious I considered that before I typed it?

"We definitely need something "

Erm, yeah hence the free agent bit

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

McGrath is a very skilful player but has the heart of a mouse when the going gets tough. I was 30 minutes into the second half when I realised he was still on the pitch. 
  Said it before but we have 4 or 5 who  actively hide when we’re a goal down.

That's just unadulterated dung

Mcgrath gets stuck in

File "heart of a mouse " with "legs have gone" and "tinpot"

Cringe central