Cormack Thread

4 minutes ago, huncunts said:

Hearts have strengthened and Hibs seem to have added 3 or 4 versions of Besuijen level. No other clubs have any money really do they.

The boy up front for Hearts on loan from Everton would appear to be an improvement from Ganduilet.

Atkinson also appears to have a potential improvement in defence for them, so maybe yes, they potentially have improved.

Hibs I'm not so sure on, results wise, they've continued to struggle.

I do find it interesting to see how our new guys perform

4 hours ago, PondHopper said:

The ambitious rhetoric does not match the ongoing downward slide. The supporters deserve better. If this continues the question becomes is Cormack a snake oil salesman or does he have a screw loose?

Have been a supporter for many a year and have followed this forum for several years too.

There is no doubt that we have been in a worse state in the past but the whole point of sacking McInnes was to take the club forwards and improve the product on the pitch.

So far Cormack's "prawcess" isn't working in the slightest including the appointment of a mate / manager, who appears to be completely out of his depth.

I would expect Cormack to swallow his pride come the summer otherwise the apathy is only going to grow.

27 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Have been a supporter for many a year and have followed this forum for several years too.

There is no doubt that we have been in a worse state in the past but the whole point of sacking McInnes was to take the club forwards and improve the product on the pitch.

So far Cormack's "prawcess" isn't working in the slightest including the appointment of a mate / manager, who appears to be completely out of his depth.

I would expect Cormack to swallow his pride come the summer otherwise the apathy is only going to grow.

I'm just basing my comments on his rhetoric vs reality. Right now it's detatched.

6 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/3905325/paul-third-dave-cormack-answers-following-dismal-deadline-day/

Surprisingly good article for a P and J journalist.

That last line is nice and bitchy. 

Actually, what caught my attention was this:

"Actually, they should have been learned last year when Sam Cosgrove was sold and replaced by three loan strikers who were short of match fitness in Fraser Hornby, Florian Kamberi and Callum Hendry.

That decision led to Derek McInnes leaving in March instead of May."

That last line. 

INSTEAD of May? 

I try not to read too much into stuff, but that feels like confirmation that McInnes was out no matter what.

5 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

Actually, what caught my attention was this:

"Actually, they should have been learned last year when Sam Cosgrove was sold and replaced by three loan strikers who were short of match fitness in Fraser Hornby, Florian Kamberi and Callum Hendry.

That decision led to Derek McInnes leaving in March instead of May."

That last line. 

INSTEAD of May? 

McInnes was quoted widely at the time saying he was leaving by mutual consent at the end of the season and was disappointed that he had been asked to leave earlier than that

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derek-mcinnes-breaks-aberdeen-exit-23852729

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

McInnes was quoted widely at the time saying he was leaving by mutual consent at the end of the season and was disappointed that he had been asked to leave earlier than that

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derek-mcinnes-breaks-aberdeen-exit-23852729

Okay, I must have missed that. Thanks Ten Caat and Roberto for clarifying.

Probably get slaughtered for this suggestion but this ain’t no popularity contest.

We need real football men in the key positions. Steven Gunn is good at player registrations, getting visas to enter Kazakhstan and suchlike so let him do that shit but leave the running of the overall football operation to the big boys. 

John Collins is a marmite character in the game but cut away the narcissistic element and there beats the heart of a real football man, who got the best out of his career by dedicating his life to his profession.

Whether he possesses the organisational skills to run a club as big as ours is up for debate but I’d like to see him and others (real football men, not kiddy on ones)  involved at some level

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Probably get slaughtered for this suggestion but this ain’t no popularity contest.

We need real football men in the key positions. Steven Gunn is good at player registrations, getting visas to enter Kazakhstan and suchlike so let him do that shit but leave the running of the overall football operation to the big boys. 

John Collins is a marmite character in the game but cut away the narcissistic element and there beats the heart of a real football man, who got the best out of his career by dedicating his life to his profession.

Whether he possesses the organisational skills to run a club as big as ours is up for debate but I’d like to see him and others (real football men, not kiddy on ones)  involved at some level

Wouldn't want Collins as manager. He'd just rub too many players up the wrong way

As director of football he certainly wouldn't be the worst shout in the world

52 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Wouldn't want Collins as manager. He'd just rub too many players up the wrong way

As director of football he certainly wouldn't be the worst shout in the world

Agree, but would respectfully suggest it may be time for someone to come along and buy out Cormack's controlling share and allow the club to be better run going forwards.

Don't get me wrong Cormack has done some significantly good things but reckon that the whole thing has gone to his head and he has lost the plot. Controlling matters via his various puppets ain't been a success and, if we want to reverse the trend, it is him that needs to go initially!!

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Agree, but would respectfully suggest it may be time for someone to come along and buy out Cormack's controlling share and allow the club to be better run going forwards.

Don't get me wrong Cormack has done some significantly good things but reckon that the whole thing has gone to his head and he has lost the plot. Controlling matters via his various puppets ain't been a success and, if we want to reverse the trend, it is him that needs to go initially!!

I think the issue is that Cormack has good off the field ideas but has an inflated view of his ability to improve on field matters and is being misled by thinking he can tap into Atlanta for footballing input when their football operation is a totally different animal to what we need. . Appointing inexperienced people to support him doesn't help this. 

Ideally he would stick to the off field stuff and we bring in someone with football experience to support the on field side. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Great shout but how the fuck are we going to find someone to buy him out? He’s in way too deep, when you add the USA investment.

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think the issue is that Cormack has good off the field ideas but has an inflated view of his ability to improve on field matters and is being misled by thinking he can tap into Atlanta for footballing input when their football operation is a totally different animal to what we need. . Appointing inexperienced people to support him doesn't help this. 

Ideally he would stick to the off field stuff and we bring in someone with football experience to support the on field side. 

Cormack was doing fine & was generally doing a decent job….until he appointed Glass & Gunn.

20 hours ago, Alex Ferguson said:

Cormack might as well have appointed himself as manager given the complete lack of experience of Glass.

I hope he doesn't read this forum.

Agree except hope Cormack does read this forum.

Imagine if he continues to "back" Glass, McInnes gets Killie promoted and then Killie start next season above us in the league.

There would be carnage on here if such a series of events happened ?.