Cormack Thread

Can’t imagine it being the headline on STV if there was some serious weight behind the rumours.

About time. I’m sure Milne tried his best, but overall his time at the helm hasn’t been great, to put it lightly.

Hope the new stadium is still a goer, the Americans know how to make a day of sporting events so I reckon their involvement in the stadium will make it better. Hopefully they’ll cough up the dough for safe standing, a fan zone etc

I think folk are in for a massive disappointment if they think we are away to get a US sugar daddy, millions are going to be invested and pittodrie is going to be redeveloped. The reality is that there will be board room changes. A couple of Directors who are no longer required will move on and a couple will be brought in. Their sole function will be to raise money for the stadium. I believe that redeveloping pittodrie was considered in summer and surveys were carried but it’s been decided that we will move to kingsford. This is still a big development for the club but know here near the levels that some are hoping for.

The first thing any investor should do is buy Ibrox and knock the fucking thing down.

Someone could have done that in 2012 for relative peanuts. Charlie Chuckles would have been easily outbid. And then installed some luxury housing on the site once the shithole had been razed to the ground...….about 1000 tents would have improved the housing quality in Govan no end

Do you genuinely believe that? Have you seen other football clubs? I'm not Milne fan but you must know that is nonsense?

We desperately need some change... unless we're happy with third in perpetuity. 

Change comes with risk, but I think losing Milne is a risk I'd be more than willing to take. 

Yanks won't be happy with our designated '3rd Force in Scotland' like Stewart is... so, fuck it, let's do this.

• Upvote 5

We desperately need some change... unless we're happy with third in perpetuity.

Change comes with risk, but I think losing Milne is a risk I'd be more than willing to take.

Yanks won't be happy with our designated '3rd Force in Scotland' like Stewart is... so, fuck it, let's do this.

That wasnt my point. I'm happy with the change but to say someone couldn't do worse than Milne is absolute shite.

That wasnt my point. I'm happy with the change but to say someone couldn't do worse than Milne is absolute shite.

We could definitely do worse than Milne... but then again we could also do better. 

A quarter century of Milne at the helm hasn't really brought much in the way of glory or stability, though. And now that the debt that accumulated under his tenure has been paid off for him it's time, I think, to punt him oot the door before we suffer another quarter century of his particular brand of mediocrity. 

As I've said previously, Yanks generally understand sports and entertainment... certainly better than a house-building yokel from the Shire ever did. 

• Upvote 1

We could definitely do worse than Milne... but then again we could also do better.

A quarter century of Milne at the helm hasn't really brought much in the way of glory or stability, though. And now that the debt that accumulated under his tenure has been paid off for him it's time, I think, to punt him oot the door before we suffer another quarter century of his particular brand of mediocrity.

As I've said previously, Yanks generally understand sports and entertainment... certainly better than a house-building yokel from the Shire ever did.

Yup we could do better.

I had a problem with the statement we could do no worse.