Teuchters corner.

22 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Kinky cottage  at Tillyfourie, ?

A good Teuchter location 

Aye Tillyfourie/Corennie must have it's own climate for Garvie to chose the area to rent Kinky and set up nudist colony and the sex, drugs etc parties back in mid to late 1960s. Suppose he didn't want to shite on his own doorstep so to speak at his farm at Fordoun but where he was shot/murdered

1 minute ago, RDS said:

Aye Tillyfourie/Corennie must have it's own climate for Garvie to chose the area to rent Kinky and set up nudist colony and the sex, drugs etc parties back in mid to late 1960s 

There are still some wild goings on at that swimming hole in the woods beside Tillyfourie. 

11 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

There are still some wild goings on at that swimming hole in the woods beside Tillyfourie. 

Up at the abandoned Tillyfourie quarry. Knew a local farmer and all kinds of crap dumped in there over the years so Christ knows how folk think it's safe to swim etc

56 minutes ago, RDS said:

Up at the abandoned Tillyfourie quarry. Knew a local farmer and all kinds of crap dumped in there over the years so Christ knows how folk think it's safe to swim etc

Haha mind a few summers ago that became THE place to go? 

Water was loupin and there was big toldies everywhere. 

NE people are very strange when they all latch on to something 

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, RDS said:

Garvie of Kinky Cottage fame

That's the lad min. A man who met a very grim death from the end of a barrel of a gun.

I gather, fae a very reliable source, that Garvie wasn't the only high/middle class member of the local community to engage in swinging.

Up here in Fraserburgh, it was a regular pastime of business owners and skippers to engage in a game of cards on a Friday night (after businesses closed for the weekend and skippers had moored their boats after 5 days at sea) to determine who would shag another player's partner. 

The card game would start off as a cash game in its infancy before escalating into a game with car keys and house keys being used to place bets. 

I presume the winner of the hand of cards would then get to pick another player's partner to shag and then proceed to get take that player's car keys and house keys before indulging in their star prize.🤔

7 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

That's the lad min. A man who met a very grim death from the end of a barrel of a gun.

I gather, fae a very reliable source, that Garvie wasn't the only high/middle class member of the local community to engage in swinging.

Up here in Fraserburgh, it was a regular pastime of business owners and skippers to engage in a game of cards on a Friday night (after businesses closed for the weekend and skippers had moored their boats after 5 days at sea) to determine who would shag another player's partner. 

The card game would start off as a cash game in its infancy before escalating into a game with car keys and house keys being used to place bets. 

I presume the winner of the hand of cards would then get to pick another player's partner to shag and then proceed to get take that player's car keys and house keys before indulging in their star prize.🤔

.... and that my friends is why your teuchters have defective genes.

Inbreeding innit. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Apparently there used to be a lesbian night,all into each other.

Any pics...Asking for a friend.

4 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

The name ascribed to the act if, hypothetically, the small town of Turriff was to be wiped out by a hydrogen homb........(9 letter word)🤔😄

spacer.png

"Turraless"

• Upvote 1
On 3/30/2024 at 8:09 AM, Zeus said:

Outwith city boundaries= teuchter 

Apparently it’s a border Scot’s word used to disparage anyone outside the central belt. Esp Highlander’s. 
I’d contend these days the coastline from peeheed / broch to buckie/portessie is fisher, but only really people in the villages would say they are fisher. Outside the villages etc it’s fermers / teuchters.

that said, I’ve been away 15 year so maybe I’m full o keich 

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, madjockmcferson said:

Apparently it’s a border Scot’s word used to disparage anyone outside the central belt. Esp Highlander’s. 
I’d contend these days the coastline from peeheed / broch to buckie/portessie is fisher, but only really people in the villages would say they are fisher. Outside the villages etc it’s fermers / teuchters.

that said, I’ve been away 15 year so maybe I’m full o keich 

No, nae at all min.

The NE village of Fetterangus has an odd nickname of "Fishy", although it is located a good bit from the coast and is deep in farming country. 

I am led to believe small yawls back in the days of yore used to sail up a tributary of the River Ugie and land their dead fish there for filleting.

I'm a bit sceptical of that ye olde yarn though.🤔

On 4/3/2024 at 1:10 PM, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

No, nae at all min.

The NE village of Fetterangus has an odd nickname of "Fishy", although it is located a good bit from the coast and is deep in farming country. 

I am led to believe small yawls back in the days of yore used to sail up a tributary of the River Ugie and land their dead fish there for filleting.

I'm a bit sceptical of that ye olde yarn though.🤔

You been to fishy bar? She’s a tae tapper.