Teuchters corner.

13 hours ago, sigh said:

Settle doon, it wasn’t a personal dig at you - more a rant that less folk are going to the pubs resulting in more pubs closing which folk then moan about without a thought that they may be the reason

When I moved here (not the shire) 20 years ago I was told it was ok to drive to/from the village pub, as long as I didn’t cross the main road - I live less than half a mile from the pub so the thought of driving there and back was never an issue

Used to get a lot of tractors parked outside at certain times of the year, doesn’t happen anymore 

Fair doos min.

When I used to go out frequently to former local, many a conversation was had about the lesser number of customers coming into the bar in comparison to its "glory days".

All that I heard from others is that it was the bar manager's attitude (a horrible, venomous light-switch of a person who severely lacks the attributes of having a interpersonal demeanour, the ability to problem-solve/deal with conflict, and of possessing a strong work ethic), and the fact the publican had been putting up his prices and that allegedly "he didn't give a fuck" about the hostelry which were the main reasons for the demise in trade.

Anytime I contributed points such as inflation continuing to rise (at that time), leaving the EU made it harder and more costlier for breweries to source raw materials to make their wares, rhe NLW/NMW continuing to rise, and a result the publican had no option to make incremental increases in the price of his stock, I was continually interrupted, dismissed, and spoken over the top of. My points were deemed irrelevant as the others knew best.

When folk continually moan either side of the bar for the sake of it andwithout any foundation to their plight, it is incredibly tedious and off-putting, and is another reason for folk avoiding certain licensed establishments or going out.

17 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Aye it is min. I woke up again this morning (I seem to be making a habit of this) so that's always a bonus and a good start to the day.👍😉

And long may you continue to wake up and pontificate 

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Poodler said:

Again, I think toonsers just have more to do in their lives than cream themselves over this tinpot club. 

it’s always the teuchter mealers in the tops and scarves etc. 

is balmedie teuchter land @RAZOR

Haha. That was a cheap shot 😞

Balmedie would probably be the border. North of Bmedz and it's all G-Star Raw and rammying a car in a fieldy.

20 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Aye it is min. I woke up again this morning (I seem to be making a habit of this) so that's always a bonus and a good start to the day.👍😉

Unless you're tired of living and just want it all over with. If that's the case it's a fucking awful start to the day 😂

13 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Unless you're tired of living and just want it all over with. If that's the case it's a fucking awful start to the day 😂

Very true min.👍

I gather an Act of the Scottish Parliament regarding assisted dying is due to come into force from next year after the motion was passed through Holyrood for it to then be given Royal Assent.

I haven't paid much attention to it being in the news but on TV-AM the subject of assisted dying was being discussed yesterday, with Esther Rantzen's daughter being interviewed about her mother's wish to die. 

Scotland will be the only part of the UK where assisted dying will be lawful, so if anyone currently living in England, Wales, or NI who wish to end their life, they would have to move to our country and be a legal resident here for a year before being eligible to be given assistance to die.

I hope old Esther is adopting a "That’s Life" approach to things currently.

2 hours ago, Red Clive 1995 said:

The vale at fyive has closed it doors. 

A lot of boozers for sale in Inverurie/Ellon and Tarves.

Used to take the EX wife for a lovely meal in the linesmohr in Pitmedden, is it shut now?

Big Davy berry had yon.

Nae sure on kinmuck being an Indian, and didn't know the vale had shut. Cuminestown pub shut down recently also

10 minutes ago, Red Clive 1995 said:

West is a strong no for me too.  

Pack yir passport, tell mithir you love her and go on an adventure into the west of the shire min. Echt, Tarland, Midmar etc is teuchter af.

The whole of the Shire is the definition of teuchter.

Granted theres spots up Deeside way where they get a bit posher but theyre still teuchters. 

The 2 things they all share in common - tory voters and nae si keen on i derkies (but have never met one)

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Pack yir passport, tell mithir you love her and go on an adventure into the west of the shire min. Echt, Tarland, Midmar etc is teuchter af.

The whole of the Shire is the definition of teuchter.

Granted theres spots up Deeside way where they get a bit posher but theyre still teuchters. 

The 2 things they all share in common - tory voters and nae si keen on i derkies (but have never met one)

Had a hoora sesh in tarland ifore. 

But in summary I agree with you, but Banchory/ballatar thon way, nae a chance they are een of us.

1 hour ago, Simply Red said:

West - defo teuchters. (Eecht etc)
South - not really

It's an unproven concept what actually defines a person fae NE Scotland to be classed as a teuchter. Even Robbie Shepherd (RIP) would've had difficulty explaining what constitutes a teuchter, (when he was still living, of course).

A well-known farmer from the outskirts of Laurencekirk, Maxwell Garvie, spent a lot of his recreational time in a cottage on the outskirts of Alford.

This lad was a teuchter in my book, albeit a very wealthy and posh one by all accounts. However, because of these reasons, in some folks' minds that would render him nae to be a teuchter. 

13 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Sooth ie Auchenblae, Fordoun etc has got to be teuchter. 

Grassic Gibbon country. 

Assuming South of Stoney is the boundary starting point, I’d have them as a different category from the West and North Teuchters. They don’t have the same mannerisms and quirks such as a needless sharp inhale of breath or dropping the kids off at school in a telehandler. They do have gene pool limitations though and probably know the secret codes to identify other dubs adorned mealers and gypos. I’d put them alongside the folk from Brechin who are a mentally retarded sub-species 

• Haha 8
11 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Assuming South of Stoney is the boundary starting point, I’d have them as a different category from the West and North Teuchters. They don’t have the same mannerisms and quirks such as a needless sharp inhale of breath or dropping the kids off at school in a telehandler. They do have gene pool limitations though and probably know the secret codes to identify other dubs adorned mealers and gypos. I’d put them alongside the folk from Brechin who are a mentally retarded sub-species 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

On 3/26/2024 at 6:55 PM, Ke1t said:

I remember once stopping and helping a fermer sort fix his tyre. 

Was a cunt of a job, and no way he could have managed it alone, but we got it fixed, me the toonser and him the teuchter. No animosity, just North-easterners helping each other out of a tricky situation. 

As I was leaving he handed me a turnip by way of thanks. It was a reasonably sized turnip. 

He didn't have to do that, but he did... just as I didn't have to stop and help him with his wheel. 

I liken it to the Christmas Truce between the British and the Germans in WWI. 

Any time I hear Pipes of Peace on the radio I think back to that incident. Two different cultures united by a common need to get his fucking trailer out of the road. 

A truly heroic saga, Kelt. A cultural chasm truly crossed. 

I'll remember this heartwarming story when events ever force me to internally screech "fuckin toonser bastards" again, probably tomorrow.

I'll remember that through all the white Range Rovers, funcy coffee and ihpodphonepads there's an actual human being behind it. 

It's not his fault he's a lazy toonser cunt. When all is said and done, it's Kaiser Wilhelm's fault. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, milne_afc said:

I’ll say this for the Teuchies, there’s always a deal to be had for cash. Their morality goes out the tractor window when a puckly poon can be saved.

Strong jew gene running thru them. Hungry, greedy hoors. 
I worked with a couple of them and everything was a potential revenue stream for them. They worked 24/7 360 and only took time off to go to tractor shows during the summer.

Probably millionaire's now.