Taxi for Calderwood?

It is the lack of ambition that hurts most - Jimmy is all about managing our expectations down, "top 6 is an achievement, a European run is a bonus, beating St Mirren at home is impossible" etc etc etc

That is not how football fans see their team - I want someone with desire who does not accept second best (let alone top 6). I know it is unrealistic for us to win everything but I'd like to believe that when Aberdeen go onto the park they are there to win and when we play the other sides in Scotland we accord them due respect but FFS we also respect ourselves and get the job done.

Jimmy has no ambition beyond his pay check and mid table mediocrity and views failure as achievement - for Aberdeens soul he must go and go now.

Bring back Ally McLeod!

It is the lack of ambition that hurts most - Jimmy is all about managing our expectations down, "top 6 is an achievement, a European run is a bonus, beating St Mirren at home is impossible" etc etc etc

That is not how football fans see their team - I want someone with desire who does not accept second best (let alone top 6). I know it is unrealistic for us to win everything but I'd like to believe that when Aberdeen go onto the park they are there to win and when we play the other sides in Scotland we accord them due respect but FFS we also respect ourselves and get the job done.

Jimmy has no ambition beyond his pay check and mid table mediocrity and views failure as achievement - for Aberdeens soul he must go and go now.

Bring back Ally McLeod!

Totally agree - although 1 area i will sort of back up JC is that he is only doing as much as is asked of him from above, where the real lack of ambition stems from.

Am i right in thinking that bonuses kick in if they make top 6 ?

Aye - believe Fraser said the extra monies from finishing 6th instead of 7th from prize monies, higher gate receipts and extra TV monies is all given out in bonuses.

Load of pish - instead of bonus money for "achieving" top 6, they should be getting docked wages for not being at least 4th.

• Site Sponsor
Aye - believe Fraser said the extra monies from finishing 6th instead of 7th from prize monies, higher gate receipts and extra TV monies is all given out in bonuses.

Load of pish - instead of bonus money for "achieving" top 6, they should be getting docked wages for not being at least 4th.

Enough is enough

f**k off Calderwood

Nope, would rather be in Euro group stages or beyond. Playing Atletico, Pana, Bayern even Dnipro for me were much bigger, better more exciting ties than playing Rangers in a League or Scottish Cup Final.

Plus the money element is how we will build a more successful AFC going forward.

The two are not mutually exclusive but I'd rather have success in Europe than success at home.

You have a point, but ultimately we won nothing. :crossfingers:

The point of participating in sport is to win things and the euphoria witnessed by 8 games on the big stage has been ultimately fruitless, for JC failed miserably in both semi-finals and failed to take us back into Europe this season (and will, in all probability, fail to get us a Euro place for next season also).

The money we made has made little or no difference, for on the park we are arguably worse than we were last season. I'm just glad we haven't given him the kind of finances Aitken and Alex Miller blew, for I shudder to think who Calderbam would be lining up. :drink:

Another point I forgot to make last night: Look at Dundee's miraculous turnaround under Jocky Scott. I said early in the season that Scott was a good shout for Asst. Manager or some sort of coaching role. Judging by his recent results, it's clear he still has what it takes and Pittodrie has never been the same since he left, so...

• Site Sponsor
Another point I forgot to make last night: Look at Dundee's miraculous turnaround under Jocky Scott. I said early in the season that Scott was a good shout for Asst. Manager or some sort of coaching role. Judging by his recent results, it's clear he still has what it takes and Pittodrie has never been the same since he left, so...

Scott and Neale Cooper were proposed before Scott went to Dundee

Scott and Neale Cooper were proposed before Scott went to Dundee

I was one of the few who suggested that besides the 3 main candidates Eric Black, Billy Davies or McGhee for Manager, Scott should be approached to come back as his Asst. I feel that has been vindicated. He still has what it takes. We should go for him in the summer.

I was one of the few who suggested that besides the 3 main candidates Eric Black, Billy Davies or McGhee for Manager, Scott should be approached to come back as his Asst. I feel that has been vindicated. He still has what it takes. We should go for him in the summer.

Be very happy to see a Scott/Black combo. Doubt I will. Step one is getting rid of our under achievers.

Speculate all you like about the successor but for the integrity of this thread, let's agree that a successor, any successor to the fat c**t, is long overdue.

Personally, I like to think that we can expect a board of directors to be able to do their jobs. In this, I have zero faith, based on actual.

As fer you TRA, bite ma sh*te. Fraud caught phoney.

I would have binned the fat c**t after the QOTS debacle, but the Euro run saved his sorry ass. We could (and should) have binned him when he took us to bottom of the league, but Milne did nothing and we lost 2 excellent candidates in Davies and Scott. Any cock-ups tomorrow and it HAS to be dealt with. Would be even better if the Embittered ex-Marauder masquerading as "Executive Football Consultant" was also shown the door, but I'll settle for binning the bam for now.

:jmg:

Operation Bin the Bam has just reached a critical junction.

Just what will it take for the few remaining fans who give a damn, to demand change? Worst case scenario is that current form continues and we end up 6th (or worse) and Dunfermline beat us in the replay.

Best case scenario is we sneak through and lose to Rangers in the semi, or the final at best. In which case, Agent Orange has a "get out of jail free" card and the perfect excuse with which to placate the few discerning yet gullible fans after his TENTH failed attempt to deliver a trophy (or even a Cup Final).

If we take the best case scenario for positivity's sake, then we must bear in mind that the season will start in July, should we reach Europe by way of being 4th or 5th in the league (isn't 5th now out the door, now that Celtic are out?). Given Agent Orange's abysmal early record in seasons gone by, we will almost certainly be eliminated before the Group Stages of the shiny new Europa League.

Conversely, if we wait until the end of the season, the new manager will not have sufficient time with which to prepare for the new early start to the campaign. This is not a case of one's heart ruling one's head here. We MUST be planning for a successor, but by the same token must also be aiming to give said successor the best possible start to his tenure. A change before May will go a long way to ensuring that he has enough time to cut out the dead wood and rebuild.

For me, the decision is a no-brainer. We must bin the bam ASAP in order to fully prepare for next season. So, people, what is it gonna be?

Just what will it take for the few remaining fans who give a damn, to demand change? Worst case scenario is that current form continues and we end up 6th (or worse) and Dunfermline beat us in the replay.

Best case scenario is we sneak through and lose to Rangers in the semi, or the final at best. In which case, Agent Orange has a "get out of jail free" card and the perfect excuse with which to placate the few discerning yet gullible fans after his TENTH failed attempt to deliver a trophy (or even a Cup Final).

If we take the best case scenario for positivity's sake, then we must bear in mind that the season will start in July, should we reach Europe by way of being 4th or 5th in the league (isn't 5th now out the door, now that Celtic are out?). Given Agent Orange's abysmal early record in seasons gone by, we will almost certainly be eliminated before the Group Stages of the shiny new Europa League.

Conversely, if we wait until the end of the season, the new manager will not have sufficient time with which to prepare for the new early start to the campaign. This is not a case of one's heart ruling one's head here. We MUST be planning for a successor, but by the same token must also be aiming to give said successor the best possible start to his tenure. A change before May will go a long way to ensuring that he has enough time to cut out the dead wood and rebuild.

For me, the decision is a no-brainer. We must bin the bam ASAP in order to fully prepare for next season. So, people, what is it gonna be?

:rolleyes: :jmg:

Looks like the Scottish Cup will be the making or breaking of JC this season.

Defeat against Dunfermline, St Mirren or Falkirk then ihe'll surely get his jotters Be mighty pissed off if we meekly surrender to the filth too if that tie comes about. If Hamilton end up going through it's pretty much win the cup or get the dunt.

The semi-finals last season killed my optimism, I never look forward to cup ties under Calderwood.

What is it that makes the players tear into the likes of Bayern Munich/Copenhagen yet sh*t their pants at the likes of Queen of the South and Dunfermline?

The semi-finals last season killed my optimism, I never look forward to cup ties under Calderwood.

What is it that makes the players tear into the likes of Bayern Munich/Copenhagen yet sh*t their pants at the likes of Queen of the South and Dunfermline?

The buck stops with the man in charge. He should be able to motivate the players. Sure, there is a sound argument that says the players should be up for games of this nature anyway, but the blame lies squarely at the portly shoulders of Agent Orange. He is a mediocre specimen, who has always kept his head above water, but done nothing else.

In turn, he has moulded a team in his image. It's no secret (or surprise) that there is a drinking culture among the players, nor should it be of any surprise that they are (almost) exclusively yes-men, totally subservient to the manager. Those who have grown some baws and questioned his questionable methods have subequently been shown the door.

This team (and, therefore, it's mentality) may be good enough for mid-table SPL or English Championship obscurity, but not in any way acceptable for a Club with aspirations of actually winning anything, or indeed standing out from the crowd of mediocrity that pervades said leagues. Milne's silence is deafening, but surely even he must know the writing is on the wall.

I think a change before the replay would be the best thing to do. :applause:

He must go now please please please :laughing:

I will only get to one more Dons game (barring the final if we make it) as long as he's here, so please leave Jimmy please, i love aberdeen & i want to keep going to support them but i just can no longer go with you there :cry:

Anyone got the address for dear Derdrie? or the number for the samaritons.

I think a change before the replay would be the best thing to do. :applause:

He must go now please please please :laughing:

If past history is anything to go by, then we stand a better chance (statistically speaking) of winning the Cup and finishing 3rd in the League if we bin him now. After all, the successor's "honeymoon period" would see that the underachievers would be up for every game between now and May. On the other hand, do YOU trust the current incumbent to motivate them to achieve said goals? Nope, me neither.

No me either but JN could take over for a short spell & do a better job (as a stop gap)

I doube he'd take the job. He's said over and over that he doesn't envisage his "partnership" with the Fat Controller ending. He'd follow that knob to the ends of the Earth, which shows that he must be feel, or he has no ambition whatsoever. I mean, come on - second fiddle to that useless twunt? This leads me to question if we really want someone with such a low opinion of himself in charge? I suspect he'd be a Jimmy Mk. II, or worse. Raith Rovers was his level. Millwall was a disaster. No high-profile club has wanted him since. Go figure.

The buck stops with the man in charge. He should be able to motivate the players. Sure, there is a sound argument that says the players should be up for games of this nature anyway, but the blame lies squarely at the portly shoulders of Agent Orange. He is a mediocre specimen, who has always kept his head above water, but done nothing else.

In turn, he has moulded a team in his image. It's no secret (or surprise) that there is a drinking culture among the players, nor should it be of any surprise that they are (almost) exclusively yes-men, totally subservient to the manager. Those who have grown some baws and questioned his questionable methods have subequently been shown the door.

This team (and, therefore, it's mentality) may be good enough for mid-table SPL or English Championship obscurity, but not in any way acceptable for a Club with aspirations of actually winning anything, or indeed standing out from the crowd of mediocrity that pervades said leagues. Milne's silence is deafening, but surely even he must know the writing is on the wall.

I agree, it's been obvious since year one under Calderwood that he cannot motivate the players for cup games. Queen of the south not only demonstrated his lousy motivation skills, but his tactics. I still cannot comprehend his AMATEUR defensive line that day, nor how, amazingly, he is still our manager. What does Jimmy need to do to get the boot, exactly? What qualifies as unacceptable in today's AFC? I appreciate that he has improved our league position, (albeit the quality all-round is mediocre) but the cup runs are just pathetic. Then you get outsiders whinging, with the same old "well you're just a fickle Aberdeen fan living in the past!" The cup stats do not lie. We. Are. Crap.

/rant. It's been one of those days, I don't mean to repeat things for the umpteenth time.

IMO JN would be a bad move for AFC, as he clearly lacks ambition himself. If he had any he would be gone by now. I would much rather see someone in that has a bit of get up and go about them, Maybe Eric Black along with Neil Cooper as his assistant, or maybe Simmie as an assistant.

IMO JN would be a bad move for AFC, as he clearly lacks ambition himself. If he had any he would be gone by now.

Exactly! I mean, he has been present during the utter dross JC has served up over the years and to publicly say he not only approves, but envisages the partnership outliving their tenure at AFC, shows that he is NOT the right man for us. He and Calderwood have been copacetic in all of this and so when the Fat Controller goes, JN must follow. And take Sandy "yer right, Davie!" Clark with them as well. Clean sweep. No exceptions. Bin the bam. And his cohorts.

No me either but JN could take over for a short spell & do a better job (as a stop gap)

Hypothetically, if JC was booted before the end of the season, that would be the logical solution.

But when Jimmy's time is up for real, the whole regime goes too. Calderwood, Nichol, Clunk, Scott Calderwood and his dodgy tip-offs, all the hangers on, everyone.

Looks like the Scottish Cup will be the making or breaking of JC this season.

Defeat against Dunfermline, St Mirren or Falkirk then ihe'll surely get his jotters Be mighty pissed off if we meekly surrender to the filth too if that tie comes about. If Hamilton end up going through it's pretty much win the cup or get the dunt.

It's always make or break time for tango and he always gets off the hook. How many times should he have been binned in the last couple of season?

He is going to stay until

a/ he gets the big job down south he always dribbles on about ie he decides to leave

b/ his contract expires and the board feel they have done the decent thing and not sacked a manager. There is an amicable parting of they ways.

Even if we end up 6th and lose to dumpfermline he will still be around next season unless Fergie decides he is a worthy successor to his throne. We had better get used to it.