Taxi for Calderwood?

i would say so.

However Jocky B disagrees.

Learn to read properly before you quote me.

I am saying that best case scenario will most likely be that we finish 4th in the League and in the Cup, get to the semi, or the final, then lose to Rangers. It's not a given of course, but given his 5yr record, would you SERIOUSLY bet on us winning the Cup and finishing 3rd?

I ask the question again...... can AFC actually AFFORD to bin JC and his coaching staff?

As far as I`m aware,there is a shortage of cash around Pittodrie and the compensation package would be relatively expensive.

I`m not saying for one minute that Calderwood is doing a great job,far from it, but we have to be realistic and accept that he will remain in charge for the forseeable future.

He may opt to leave in the summer whether we win the Cup or not,but all this talk of him going before the end of the season is pie in the sky.

Had a wee peep of this and it mirrors a lot of what is said on this thread.

Jimmy Nics a gem but Jimmy C is the man who set our club back 10 years . Any one who understands the first thing about success understands that you are judged by what happens when you leave the company not what happens when you are there .

Calderwood was completely unknown until the pars gave him a break and a load of cash . His appreciation ? Stitch us up by signing for Aberdeen while the Pars were paying for his summer break .

He may have got us a few results but like when England when they won the world cup but his style of football was as boring as hell.In all the time he was here did you ever see a winger take on a defender . Caution and retreat was the name of the game until the last ten minutes then it was Alamo time

Aberdeen will be the next to get stitched up if ibrox is stupid enough to fulfill the only dream this man has .

I honestly believe the Pars will beat the Dons for one single reason .

Calderwood is more concerned with himself than he is for his team.

My evidence . Name one other manager in Scotland that Slags his team more in public than this blue nose .

I ask the question again...... can AFC actually AFFORD to bin JC and his coaching staff?

Can they afford not to ?

IF they bin JC then they bin him only.

If Jimmy Nicholl and Sandy Clark feel that they are incapable of working without Calderwood then they can walk with no compensation.

We'll get a better coach in with little difficulty.

Ideal scenario for me is that we win the cup and Jimmy decides to move on and we get compensation too.

As far as I`m aware,there is a shortage of cash around Pittodrie and the compensation package would be relatively expensive.

I`m not saying for one minute that Calderwood is doing a great job,far from it, but we have to be realistic and accept that he will remain in charge for the forseeable future.

He may opt to leave in the summer whether we win the Cup or not,but all this talk of him going before the end of the season is pie in the sky.

At the rate which crowds have dropped off since his first season and the rate at which apathy is taking hold, we can't afford NOT to. The potential revenue we lost because of the 2 semi-final capitulations last year and subsequent failure to make Europe (and the strong chance we won't be there next season either) should answer your question. We must arrest the decline ASAP. If he remains in place for next season, the ramifications will be catastrophic for AFC.

Had a wee peep of this and it mirrors a lot of what is said on this thread.

Jimmy Nics a gem but Jimmy C is the man who set our club back 10 years . Any one who understands the first thing about success understands that you are judged by what happens when you leave the company not what happens when you are there .

Calderwood was completely unknown until the pars gave him a break and a load of cash . His appreciation ? Stitch us up by signing for Aberdeen while the Pars were paying for his summer break .

He may have got us a few results but like when England when they won the world cup but his style of football was as boring as hell.In all the time he was here did you ever see a winger take on a defender . Caution and retreat was the name of the game until the last ten minutes then it was Alamo time

Aberdeen will be the next to get stitched up if ibrox is stupid enough to fulfill the only dream this man has .

I honestly believe the Pars will beat the Dons for one single reason .

Calderwood is more concerned with himself than he is for his team.

My evidence . Name one other manager in Scotland that Slags his team more in public than this blue nose .

Very good post. Sums up what many think on here.

Jimmy Nics a gem but Jimmy C is the man who set our club back 10 years .bollocks Any one who understands the first thing about success understands that you are judged by what happens when you leave the company not what happens when you are there . bollocks

Calderwood was completely unknown until the pars gave him a break and a load of cash . bollocksHis appreciation ? Stitch us up by signing for Aberdeen while the Pars were paying for his summer break . bollocks

He may have got us a few results but like when England when they won the world cup but his style of football was as boring as hell.ahahahahahahahhahaIn all the time he was here did you ever see a winger take on a defender .yes, hundreds of times Caution and retreat was the name of the game until the last ten minutes then it was Alamo time Utter bollocks

Aberdeen will be the next to get stitched up if ibrox is stupid enough to fulfill the only dream this man has .Mangement in England is his stated ambition

I honestly believe the Pars will beat the Dons for one single reason . I don't

Calderwood is more concerned with himself than he is for his team.bollocks

I've heard it all now!!!! :hysterical: What a load of shiiiiiiiiiiiiiite!

I've heard it all now!!!! :hysterical: What a load of shiiiiiiiiiiiiiite!

I have come to the conclusion you are not playing with the full deck of cards. I prefer to go with the Majority, rather than the Minority you find yourself in. We can't all be wrong and you are the only right. You just have to read the lads post again to see that when he was with them we now play like that and have done for some time now, surly you can't deny that?

• 2 weeks later...
Don't rate the guy and have felt he overstayed his welcome halfway through second season.

His tactics are a joke and he never holds his hands up and says "I got it wrong".

If he is still here next season mediocrity will remain.

Well done this man, can i buy you a pint :applause:

Well i've just been in touch with him as he's in the Dominican Republic and he

has taken time out to say GTF Jimmy, you are history.

I can only agree.

He must be gone tomorrow, for the good of AFC.

He also made a point about telling Jiggers to f**k off....

haha.

and I can even understand the poor souls like fatsgaffe who's self-image and their desperate need to be seen to be not wrong, overwhelms them to such an extent they are incapable of proper debate.

See even when you make generally decent points, you have to spoil it by getting personal and insulting. What exactly is your issue that you have to browbeat and bully anyone who disagrees with your point of view?

It's also pretty rich calling out anyone as having an inate fear of being wrong, when it your biggest character trait, along with absolutely no debating skills whatsoever, but merely a constant badgering until someone gives up the will to live, and hence stop bothering to respond to you anymore, at which point you claim to have "won" the argument.

Well done for once again taking what is especially at this time, an important thread, and derailing it into yet another of your petty digs and vendettas. :tumbleweed:

See even when you make generally decent points, you have to spoil it by getting personal and insulting. What exactly is your issue that you have to browbeat and bully anyone who disagrees with your point of view?

It's also pretty rich calling out anyone as having an inate fear of being wrong, when it your biggest character trait, along with absolutely no debating skills whatsoever, but merely a constant badgering until someone gives up the will to live, and hence stop bothering to respond to you anymore, at which point you claim to have "won" the argument.

Well done for once again taking what is especially at this time, an important thread, and derailing it into yet another of your petty digs and vendettas. :tumbleweed:

Well done for taking the bait. Seriously yous twos. You seem to be in total agreement that JMG so why not get along, for a wee while at least, under that banner?

Now is the time to unite.

BC

Im not saying JC has done a bad job. Stats say we are improving but i honestly dont think he is the man to take us more forward. I dont think he has won more than 2 possible 3 of the big games since coming here. Rangers game to get in europe im not counting cos you dont need a manager to get the players up for that games. Plus hearts never beat killie.

Well done for once again taking what is especially at this time, an important thread, and derailing it into yet another of your petty digs and vendettas. :suicide:

I think R_S is seriously paranoid. The boy is right now, but anyone who hangs around long enough will be right eventually...doesnt mean he was always right or he will be right in the future....and doesnt change the fact he has been a complete prick for a long time now.

Im not saying JC has done a bad job. Stats say we are improving but i honestly dont think he is the man to take us more forward. I dont think he has won more than 2 possible 3 of the big games since coming here. Rangers game to get in europe im not counting cos you dont need a manager to get the players up for that games. Plus hearts never beat killie.

Do they - we have 8 points less than in season we finished 3rd and need 22 out of possible 27 to match that years tally. Had scored 40 goals whilst letting in 25 after 29 games that season, this season we have scored 34 and let in 30.