The Golf Thread

Thoughts on Dunecht DC? Was a reduction only for visitors despite a glorious day's weather, fit happened?

fit happened? couldn't hit the f uc king ball, that's what happened!

Massive block off 1st, 3rd, 4th, right behind that fuc k er of a tree at 8 and short at 9!

Back 9 was way better off the tee but still had a few near hosels, was a bitty rough so I'm blaming that! :blahblah1:

I enjoyed the course but the 9th green is a joke and around the greens is p!sh! The grass is the same length

as the fairways and very soft so luck is required to play a pitch and run.

Will be back next year to battle the Tiger rough again :thumbup1:

Aye we've never had aprons, unfortunately the softness is just down to the recent wet spell. You've really got to play a gap wedge round the greens and carry on every time rather than bump and run anything, so if you short sided yourself on Sunday that made for tricky up and downs.

Funny because I thought due to said rainfall making the greens very soft, that the course record would go, then I saw the pin positions :laughing:

CSS is down to 69 nearly every week, but even the home CSS went to 71 on Sunday. Good day for the club, and the record stands up another year. See you in 2012 :thumbup1:

is it bad? Ive never been. Mate just mailed me asking if I fancied going up.

Well I wouldn't say it was flat, and I used to enjoy a game round there unlike many of my mates, but the condition of the course this year was appalling when we played. Greens good enough, but everything else was very rough and ready, and they've simply ruined the clubhouse as well, whoever desgned the second extension needs shot.

Well I wouldn't say it was flat, and I used to enjoy a game round there unlike many of my mates, but the condition of the course this year was appalling when we played. Greens good enough, but everything else was very rough and ready, and they've simply ruined the clubhouse as well, whoever desgned the second extension needs shot.

Will give my verdict tomorrow when im back. Turns out my mate has a voucher for a cheap round so booked us a tee time.

Just back from Huntly. Had my target to break 100 and smashed it with an 89. Birdie up the last to finish on a high. Out in 47 which included an 8 on the first, then back in in 42 which included a 7. Delighted with myself. Still room for lots of improvement. Liked the course and will definitely play it again.

Great win for David Law in the Northern Open today. Fairly showing the Walker Cup selectors that he should have been picked.

That's fantastic news, well down to the lad. Completely nonsensical decision to leave him out. Plays in the Dutch Open next week when he should be playing at Royal aberdeen, wish him all the best there as well

Fantastic win for david. so pleased for him he has worked hard

Guys i'm in my hotel room bored if anyone got any questions i'd be happy to answer as long as its clean!!!!!!!!

just a simple one.. what golf shoe would you recommend at the moment ?

ps if you want a lesson at kintore golfer.... just give me a shout !

Fantastic win for david. so pleased for him he has worked hard

Guys i'm in my hotel room bored if anyone got any questions i'd be happy to answer as long as its clean!!!!!!!!

Okay then, Ian Poulter, knob or good guy? Don't you have to be a major winner to be qualified to wear clothes like he does?

Which is your favourite St Andrews course, after the Old course obviously?

What is your favourite inland Aberdeeshire course? Newmachar, Aboyne, Meldrum Hourse, Ballater etc etc etc?

What do you think of Craigy Brown's summer signings?

Okay then, Ian Poulter, knob or good guy? Don't you have to be a major winner to be qualified to wear clothes like he does?

Which is your favourite St Andrews course, after the Old course obviously?

What is your favourite inland Aberdeeshire course? Newmachar, Aboyne, Meldrum Hourse, Ballater etc etc etc?

What do you think of Craigy Brown's summer signings?

poulter is all flash but is actually ok when you get him on his own

kingsbarns, but is a little to short

kemnay is now very good always enjoy playing there

with the budget he's had it must be really tough