The Golf Thread

Have you tried ordering them pretty sure you can do that?

yeah i think i might have to go down the my joy route !

noticed you got the new r11... would you recommend getting on ?

how much emphasis you think i should do getting the correct shaft for my swing for my drivers ?

notice with technology its getting really technical its not just a case of regluar stiff etc..

yeah i think i might have to go down the my joy route !

noticed you got the new r11... would you recommend getting on ?

how much emphasis you think i should do getting the correct shaft for my swing for my drivers ?

notice with technology its getting really technical its not just a case of regluar stiff etc..

New r11 is really nice i would have put one in earlier but the r9 i had has been behaving but i cracked it last week

you should get fitted no matter your handicap

new technology is pretty cool but baffling at the same time the lighter the shaft the more swing speed

Paul, one on sponsorship for you.

Noticed Padraig playing all the new TM white headed stuff (as he's often done in the past with Titleist) despite being a "Wilson golfer". Also noticed recently Donald with a bag full of TM spanners, and maybe the woods as well (but memory fails me), despite being a Mizuno pro.

So, what is the restriction on allegedly being paid to play one type of club, but actually using another?

paul,

i noticed david law said he if doesn't qualify for the challenge tour at least..he will stay as an amateur for another year..

you not think he should just play euro pro tour if he doesn't make it ? then believe in his ability then got invites to the challenge tour that route ?

as he is already a proven amateur ?

whats your thoughts ?

Paul, one on sponsorship for you.

Noticed Padraig playing all the new TM white headed stuff (as he's often done in the past with Titleist) despite being a "Wilson golfer". Also noticed recently Donald with a bag full of TM spanners, and maybe the woods as well (but memory fails me), despite being a Mizuno pro.

So, what is the restriction on allegedly being paid to play one type of club, but actually using another?

I'm not sure how many wilson clubs padraig has to carry but its likely to be 10 or 11 which leaves him free to use other stuff,when i played with him at scottish open he has the new v2 wilson irons in the bag and all his woods were taylor made

not sure on luke donalds contract but he is mizuno player so that's odd he has tm gear in bag

i have a wilson contract to carry 10 wilson clubs,and i have taylor made contract for driver

I'm not sure how many wilson clubs padraig has to carry but its likely to be 10 or 11 which leaves him free to use other stuff,when i played with him at scottish open he has the new v2 wilson irons in the bag and all his woods were taylor made

not sure on luke donalds contract but he is mizuno player so that's odd he has tm gear in bag

i have a wilson contract to carry 10 wilson clubs,and i have taylor made contract for driver

Ah so it could be different player to player then? There's no stipulated minimum by the tour?

paul,

i noticed david law said he if doesn't qualify for the challenge tour at least..he will stay as an amateur for another year..

you not think he should just play euro pro tour if he doesn't make it ? then believe in his ability then got invites to the challenge tour that route ?

as he is already a proven amateur ?

whats your thoughts ?

when i spoke to david his plan was to only turn pro if he gets a challenge tour card or better as he doesnt fancy alps tour etc

maybe that might change with his northern open win but havnt spoken to him much about it

if i was him i would turn pro no matter what happens at tour school as i think he will learn more from euro pro etc that staying amatuer but thats david and his families call

when i spoke to david his plan was to only turn pro if he gets a challenge tour card or better as he doesnt fancy alps tour etc

maybe that might change with his northern open win but havnt spoken to him much about it

if i was him i would turn pro no matter what happens at tour school as i think he will learn more from euro pro etc that staying amatuer but thats david and his families call

yeah thats fair enough..i agree with you though

if hes top 4 scottish guys after a certain stage in the euro pro event he will automatically get invited to the challenge tour event at spey valley then does well there.. then snow ball effect ?

but as you say up to him ! my friend played the spey valley event last year on that route.. said the experience was great and got good advice etc

yeah thats fair enough..i agree with you though

if hes top 4 scottish guys after a certain stage in the euro pro event he will automatically get invited to the challenge tour event at spey valley then does well there.. then snow ball effect ?

but as you say up to him ! my friend played the spey valley event last year on that route.. said the experience was great and got good advice etc

Yeah will be interesting to see how david gets on at tour school, he's a fantastic talent but will need a break if he's to make it

both him ,phillip mclean and laura murray have been great to work with i really enjoy taking them out for games ,

Paul

Fit like?

Did I see you did the W Highland Way again recently?

Alan and Val with you this time?

Did you do it for sponsorship for the Foundation?

I'm good thanks

yes we walked it again this year with brian/audrey morrison and alan/val reid

no sponsorship this year just a bit of a holiday

we are walking the speyside way next year to raise money for foundation

• Site Sponsor

I'm good thanks

yes we walked it again this year with brian/audrey morrison and alan/val reid

no sponsorship this year just a bit of a holiday

we are walking the speyside way next year to raise money for foundation

Good luck with that.

Reidser will no doubt give us a shout nearer the walk for sponsorship - happy to help.

Hey there Paul, could you maybe impart some chipping/pitching wisdom please.

Really struggle around the greens especially just 20-50 yard chip shots. I always seem to hit it thin and the ball goes all the way through the back of the green. My iron striking in general is usually pretty good with just the occasional sclaf. I know practice is the best bet, but it's not very often I get a chance to ask for a professionals help!!

Cheers.

Hey there Paul, could you maybe impart some chipping/pitching wisdom please.

Really struggle around the greens especially just 20-50 yard chip shots. I always seem to hit it thin and the ball goes all the way through the back of the green. My iron striking in general is usually pretty good with just the occasional sclaf. I know practice is the best bet, but it's not very often I get a chance to ask for a professionals help!!

Cheers.

thinned chip shots normally means your ball is to far forward in your stance and the club is passing the hands to much at impact

which raises the club up causing a thin, stick ball further back and dont let the club pass your hands at impact

good luck hope that helps (where do i send the bill this shits nae free lol)

I player Piperdam and Westhill during my last time home, both were ok. Westhill is a very tight course, really struggled.

My game has been rank rotten of late though, a newborn and golf don't seem to mix well.

My Adams fairway wood I bought on a whim has backfired, just not getting to grips with it, ball flight is also too high. Will stick with it until next year at least.

Out of interest, have you played every course in the world?

I'd like to know the answer to this question as well.

I'm especially interested in what he thought of the Coober Pedy course where you have to take your own bit of turf to tee off with.

Did you buy the turf in Australia or did you smuggle it in through customs?

I've seen that Customs programme on Sky and the Australians don't f**k about with stuff like that.

I'd like to know the answer to this question as well.

I'm especially interested in what he thought of the Coober Pedy course where you have to take your own bit of turf to tee off with.

Did you buy the turf in Australia or did you smuggle it in through customs?

I've seen that Customs programme on Sky and the Australians don't f**k about with stuff like that.

Yeah smuggling grass in to any country is a bad thing like.

It would need to be free to make it worth while Boof. How do you manage a freebie like?

Played 36 holes there in April Demo, and everything was bad, from the layout, course condition, facilities and catering.

I heard they were struggling for pennies, and good local folk give up their time to keep it going.

Maybe the fact I could'nt hit a bull on the arse with a banjo that day did'nt help.

It would need to be free to make it worth while Boof. How do you manage a freebie like?

Played 36 holes there in April Demo, and everything was bad, from the layout, course condition, facilities and catering.

I heard they were struggling for pennies, and good local folk give up their time to keep it going.

Maybe the fact I could'nt hit a bull on the arse with a banjo that day did'nt help.

Just walk on, play a round of golf and bugger off again.

If you play at a strange time through the week it's easy peasy.

Working on a rotation with 3 weeks off at a time has it's advantages. :thumbs:

Speaking of work how's the new business going?

i would have to agree with fatshaft ! never finished a whole round at westhill either won or lost my match !

keith would be okay if in better condition? but they were struggling for money when i played it a year or so ago... dunno if that's still the case now ?

To a seasoned golfer like yersel Keith may be bad.

To a novice like me it's ace because it's free.

Technically there is a fee for playing but I've never paid it yet.

:itch-chin:

Played Kemnay today. Played shite.