The Golf Thread

Just walk on, play a round of golf and bugger off again.

If you play at a strange time through the week it's easy peasy.

Working on a rotation with 3 weeks off at a time has it's advantages. :thumbs:

Speaking of work how's the new business going?

Doing good Boof, busier than expected, long may it continue.

If you go ahead and buy that 4x4, you can spread your wealth in my direction! hehe.

I watched a bit of the walker cup. it looks like they didn't show the front nine at balgownie, which is a really good 9 holes.

as for mad courses, edinburgh has a few. braid hills and merchants, which i'll be hacking round very soon (groupon!). gullane 3 has two mad par 3's on the hill, the flag on the front 9 one is about 15 foot tall!

Good lad Dazzy, the climb up the second is a nightmare aswell, but holes 10,11,12 are cracking holes (think I got the right ones there).

My flat is nae far from there aswell, so I'd get a few games in with you when you were home, 2 minute walk for me.

The climb up the 16th is worse. That about ended me lol.

Aye i thought it was a really good course. Will definitely play it again, and if I am to join somewhere thats in pole position at the moment. Playing Stonehaven tomorrow...got a voucher off of Groupon so see what like it is.

Played Kintore yesterday, really liked it. Other than the 2nd green which was in awful nick the course was in good condition. Tempted to join there. Played not too bad in spells, just a bit of inconsistency which I need ironed out.

once the watering system is installed the condition will get better ! (but still short of some cash i think)

how was it ? meant to be playing there on Thursday

never played it before but heard only good things about it

I liked it. Good parkland course. Trcky pin positions behind bunkers etc and was quite windy today.

On the 18th I said to my mate, this drives either goingon the green, or it's going on the road.

Well I smashed it onto the road, luckily landed between 2 cars :laughing:

Played Stonehaven last Wednesday in the brutal wind. Was very tricky. Ended up walking off after the 14th cos it was too much. Wind was against us and you were struggling to get any distance cos of the wind. Guy in the clubhouse said we were the only people to last longer than the 10th. Good course though if you get it on a fine day.

Played Stonehaven last Wednesday in the brutal wind. Was very tricky. Ended up walking off after the 14th cos it was too much. Wind was against us and you were struggling to get any distance cos of the wind. Guy in the clubhouse said we were the only people to last longer than the 10th. Good course though if you get it on a fine day.

I hate Stonehaven, to many daft holes for my liking, and to many par 3's...

I hate Stonehaven, to many daft holes for my liking, and to many par 3's...

Aye a few daft holes. Theres a hole on the front 9 where u are basically on the edge of the cliff. I was 7 off the 10 as kept putting my drive right. Got a 4 on it but was really an 11 so that affected my score badly. Once I lost my 3rd ball I just played way left chipped on then 2 putted. The 15th was a nightmare where you are hitting about 200 yards over the cliff. Not so bad on a fine day, but the wind was so bad, none of us were reaching it with a driver. Mental wind. Thats why we ended up just walking off after our drives on the 15th.

Sorry min just noticed your post just now

Didn't use the belly this week as the greens are so big on the old course could have been tricky

And I lost my bottle again!!!!!!

Would you ever consider twa putters in the bag?

A big 'un for using within 15 feet and a conventional putter for longer ones.

Nice to see Sandy Lyle make the final round.

Traditional season closer today as we attack the Dufftown Chivas Scramble. Nae the best course in the world, in fact, nae much of a course at all, but it lends itself to the most ridiculous form of golf, so off to whisky country we go.

how did it go ?

i played my last scramble for the year at alford - had a rule that at least one persons drive had to be used at a par 3 - didn't win a prize there i don't think but won one and 2nd at another - not a bad return i guess

last event for me is inverurie open next weekend - been working on my swing so hoping i can produce the goods

9 under for a net 56.6, winners had a 50.1 :dontknow:

Greens were basically flooded, and event should really have been off, Dufftown clearly in need of the money and couldn't afford to cancel.

We played Alford as well, and had possibly the worst score known to man in a Scramble, 3 under gross off a team handicap of 2.2 :unsure: Didn't have a birdie until the 9th.

Playing Turriff Am-am next Sunday and that will be it. Though probably show my face in the winter alliance a few times.

9 under for a net 56.6, winners had a 50.1 :dontknow:

Greens were basically flooded, and event should really have been off, Dufftown clearly in need of the money and couldn't afford to cancel.

We played Alford as well, and had possibly the worst score known to man in a Scramble, 3 under gross off a team handicap of 2.2 :unsure: Didn't have a birdie until the 9th.

Playing Turriff Am-am next Sunday and that will be it. Though probably show my face in the winter alliance a few times.

we shot -10 with a handicap of 5.2 at alford - our team is a good mix of handicaps - if we had our putting shoes on could of been real low ! but i guess everyone could say that

i am hoping the weather improves for Sunday at inverurie!

i was tempted to take some days off to play the winter alliance but found out you had to pay a

we shot -10 with a handicap of 5.2 at alford - our team is a good mix of handicaps - if we had our putting shoes on could of been real low ! but i guess everyone could say that

i am hoping the weather improves for Sunday at inverurie!

i was tempted to take some days off to play the winter alliance but found out you had to pay a