The Golf Thread

Right this Ryder Cup and going to watch it.

On the 13th hole there is a grandstand round the green which is packed.

Do you have to sit there all morning waiting for the players to play the 13th or does it just fill up just before the first group of players play the 13th?

What about the 18th? You could sit there all morning and not see a shot being played.

Surely it makes more sense to follow the games around the course than sit and watch fuck all or are the other players allowed to have a go on holes that aren't being played?

A fucking strange set up if you just have to sit and wait and watch fuck all that's for sure.

Right this Ryder Cup and going to watch it.

On the 13th hole there is a grandstand round the green which is packed.

Do you have to sit there all morning waiting for the players to play the 13th or does it just fill up just before the first group of players play the 13th?

What about the 18th? You could sit there all morning and not see a shot being played.

Surely it makes more sense to follow the games around the course than sit and watch fuck all or are the other players allowed to have a go on holes that aren't being played?

A fucking strange set up if you just have to sit and wait and watch fuck all that's for sure.

Aye some folk do that :laughing:

Bit daft doing it on 18 too given most the matches probably won't play it.

Over the years I've had the chance of attending a few of these "events" corporate...the sheer wankery of golf is an affront to any sane man in my book...why anyone would want to mingle with complete twats watching total pricks is beyond me...

I'm sure the game of golf is all the worse for your non attendance.

I'll raise a finger to you tomorrow, whilst having my Pimms and prawn sandwich

• Upvote 1

Next golf question.

Gleneagles. Heard the commentator mention it's a difficult course yesterday. Your average man on the street must play this course as well I presume and it's not just used for one tournament a year.

Clearly the professional golfers are better than the members but surely the members of the course can rip round it under par as well?

Most course records are a few under par so it canna be that difficult a course. What changes to make the pros score like members?

Dubuisson is a class golfer.

He is getting into it, giving the fist pumps etc. Him and McDowell partnership was incredible.

A good match for Gallacher tomorrow v Mickelson... very interesting for him and he could win that IF he plays to the potential he has.

USA majorly need a Medinah moment and if truth be told I don't think Watson can inspire that from his team.

The yanks have played well in the 2 mornings, but been destroyed in the afternoons. You simply can not see them winning 8 1/2 points 2moro.

Special mention to Darren Clarke, your punditry is shocking, stick to smoking cigars and drinking pints of Guinness.

Never EVER will it be as bad as Nick Faldos or 'golf is me' Monty.

Both twats.

I haven't mind Clarke too much.

Aye Monty is a chore to listen to, pissed me off when he went into a rant about some spectators being a little close to the course on one of the holes, "that privilege is for the more expensive tickets"

Seemingly Faldo got stuck into Garcia yesterday on yank TV calling him useless and bad attitude yesterday.

I would have thought the Ryder Cup would have been a serial killer's dream. I mean who doesn't want to do despicable things to all those cunts who shout "It's in the hole", "Ridonkulous" "Boom" or whatever other retarded grunting that comes out of some of the punters shiteholes… The chanting and banter is great, these arseholes need a fucking chibbing...

Boof,

The monarch course (as was) is the most tired ive ever been coming off a course. Mentally and physically draining. Bet my tees were 50 yards in front of theirs too. Nice to see Garcia snap hook the 5th and Bjorne then push his second 30 yards right into the shite when he knows his partner is out the hole, and to think yup, I did that too!!!

Aye but you're lugging a set of clubs round with you. These boys are just whacking balls. Surely it's much easier with a caddy? :dontknow:

Golf loving fuds booed our first Minister. Fuck off Golf you absolute symbol of class divides and you are a bunch of wankstains..

Golf loving fuds booed our first Minister. Fuck off Golf you absolute symbol of class divides and you are a bunch of wankstains..

Classless fucks, nothing to do with politics and it shouldn't be brought into it. That and Stenson missing the 4 footer to let that little fat cunt Reed to get a point the only down points.

• Upvote 1

Is there any point in the Ryder Cup these days? More boring than the SPFL. Europe seems to destroy America on every occasion. This last Ryder Cup was embarrassing. I'm no golf expert, but surely it's unfair?

Why not Europe vs Rest of the world? A bit more realistic!

No offence to anyone who follows team Europe.... just seems like a waste of time IMO?

Read the history on it then engage in chat...

He said "these days"

Since 1985 Europe have been wholly dominate, winning / retaining 9 out of the last 13 Ryder Cups, with The yanks winning away just the once during that time.

But right enough, up until 1979, when it changed from GB+Ireland to Europe, they had only won 3 time since 1927.