Sir Andy Murray

Guest SS RED

Your tone suggests that it bothers you, it's no different to all the England players playing for Scotland especially the ones that had played for them at youth level.

I wouldn't say it is the same as that, as those usually involve some Scottish heritage, rather than naturalisation.

Comparatives would be Costa for Spain or Eduardo for Croatia...

Your tone suggests that it bothers you, it's no different to all the England players playing for Scotland especially the ones that had played for them at youth level.

My tone? You hearing voices again min :laughing:

Very odd as well. Bring Steven Caulker home!

I agree with Razor on this one. I do find it unusual when they say she is the first British female to reach this stage in x years, when she is actually Australian...

To Hungarian parents....

Indeed. Still strange though.

Stuart Holden another odd mover.

I wouldn't say Stuart Holden was a strange one. By the time he got capped he had spent more of his life in the states than in the UK. An american citizen long before he was capped also. Scotland could have came in and got him but chose to ignore him for years.

I wouldn't say Stuart Holden was a strange one. By the time he got capped he had spent more of his life in the states than in the UK. An american citizen long before he was capped also. Scotland could have came in and got him but chose to ignore him for years.

Well that's wrong. He was first capped in 2004 having been in the country at that point for 9 years, he was 10 when moved to Houston.

He also didn't become a citizen until 2006.

Fully agree that Scotland should have been quicker off the ball and should have been in for him.

As I said, strange.

Well that's wrong. He was first capped in 2004 having been in the country at that point for 9 years, he was 10 when moved to Houston.

He also didn't become a citizen until 2006.

Fully agree that Scotland should have been quicker off the ball and should have been in for him.

As I said, strange.

I was talking full cap. Up until that point he could have switched allegiances at any time. Full capped in 2009, by which time he had lived in the states for 14 years and had full residency.

I dare say that if the SFA had been open minded about an up and coming American kid and not discarded him because he wasnt at the Old FIrm or English championship he would have played for us.

And the only strange thing about it is that Scotland didnt call him up.

Djokovic awaits in the final...

For two sets today he was incredible.

Federer has been the best player throughout this tournament. Playing by far the best tennis... but Djokovic embarrassed him for much of that match. Frightening stuff. Think Djokovic will finish his career with a legitimate claim of being the hard court GOAT.

Not overly confident with Murray in this semi. Raonic has looked good . His serve and forehand need to be stopped or dealt with...

Murray returns well against big servers however, he's always struggled against big forehands. Some of the power players have been able to hit through him. Raonic also has a good record against Murray - they're 3-3. So a tough match up this evening.