Sir Andy Murray

Guest SS RED

Guest LondonScottish
Then it was fred perry. You never asked that though. You just asked who the last british male to win a slam tournament was.

Maybe you just hadn't read the whole thread.

Guest LondonScottish
I did read the whole thread. You asked a question and the boy answered it. You did not specify singles.

EDIT: You cad you. You've edited your post.

??? I just think you maybe just misread it. Don't worry, we all make mistakes. :itch-chin:

Guest LondonScottish
Oh no I never. I read it three times before posting and it never said singles. I like the way you have put Singles as well to make it stand out more.

I'm not holding it against you. Maybe stick to the footie section, you're a lot better in there. :itch-chin:

Guest LondonScottish
he is getting better all the time and is still very young, i think he will win a few grand slams he just needs to get the first to kick things off.

He's only a year younger than Nadal. Although he'd improving each year, he's got to take his chance soon, as there will some new young guns coming through. He could easily be the nearly man.

he is getting better all the time and is still very young, i think he will win a few grand slams he just needs to get the first to kick things off.

We'll see.... I'd expect the Grand Slams to be dominated by Djokovic, Nadal, Federer, Del Potro and Murray for the next couple of years at least. Andy Murrays timing is unfortunate, it's quite incredible that so many great players have spawned at the same time. Tennis, as a sport, has never ever been in better shape! The fact that some people talk of Federer & Nadal as the two greatest players of all time, really illustrates that point. Novak Djokovic, would have at least 2 more grand slams than he currently holds were it not for Nadal and Federer.

If Murray wins a grand slam, he'll have truely deserved it, such is the incredible level of talent in the mens game at the moment.

He's only a year younger than Nadal. Although he'd improving each year, he's got to take his chance soon, as there will some new young guns coming through. He could easily be the nearly man.

Nadal's exceptional though. Murray is the same age as Federer was when he won his first slam and he's going to equal Sampras's record tomorrow.

Also, I would be willing to wager that Nadal's career will be over younger than Murray's, his style is so demanding/aggressive that he won't be able to sustain it.

Guest SS RED
Watching Murray at Queen's club against Seppi. Looks pretty confident so far.

6-1 first set in 20 odd minutes. Hasn't even broken a sweat yet.

He needs a tournament win to get himself back up near the top 2/3.

Guest LondonScottish
He needs a tournament win to get himself back up near the top 2/3.

Isn't he No.3 in the World at the moment?

I wasn't sure if it was him or Djokovic. Yon Potro s doing good just now though.

Big gap of about 1000 respectively between Murray, Federer and Djoko, there won't be any movement until well after wimbledon unless one of them gets knocked out in the first round. Del Potro is still about 2 or 3 thousand behind Djokovic, but he'll close the gap this year.... if he continues his progress, we might be speaking about an elite top 5, rather than the 4 usual suspects.

awesome player! pity he's a dick!

I like the fact that he is a dick. Shows he actually cares rather than the tim henman type that we have had to put up with. Oh I got knocked oot but its aright. No it isnae. Examine far you went wrong and get better at it. Murray seems to be doing this rather than accept he just isn't good enough like Henman and many other sportsmen this country produces does.

I like the fact that he is a dick. Shows he actually cares rather than the tim henman type that we have had to put up with. Oh I got knocked oot but its aright. No it isnae. Examine far you went wrong and get better at it. Murray seems to be doing this rather than accept he just isn't good enough like Henman and many other sportsmen this country produces does.

good shout! maybe wer lucky he's a dick with nae personality! hope he at least maks the final o wimbledon!

moday 22nd june it starts is it??

do you know him personally???

why is he a dick???

aye am his biographer!

he just gives off that impression, sorry if iv offended a national treasure! hang me!

never seen him smile once in any interview, gives sh*t answers, and got no crack at all!

sorry then, let me re-phrase, i think he's a dick!

Guest LondonScottish
aye am his biographer!

he just gives off that impression, sorry if iv offended a national treasure! hang me!

never seen him smile once in any interview, gives sh*t answers, and got no crack at all! sorry then, let me re-phrase, i think he's a dick!

Do you think Fergie's a dick too?