Sir Andy Murray

Guest SS RED

• 2 months later...

Murray plays Novak Djokovic in the final of the Cincinnati masters at 17.30 BST. Federer (Tsonga) and Nadal (Fish) were knocked out earlier in the tournament.

Regardless of the result tonight, it's been a strong tournament for Murray and a very good warm-up for the US Open.

He says he's feeling tired though and needs the rest before the US open

Hope he wins tonight :crossfingers:

He says he's feeling tired though and needs the rest before the US open

Hope he wins tonight :crossfingers:

Will be interesting.... Djokovic is complaining too about fatigue. Both players have made at least the semi-finals of all the majors this year. At this stage of the year the amount of tennis they've played is starting to catch up with them.

Well done Andy. Big credit to both players though as they have played in every tournament this year i think.

Come on Andy, your time has come to win your 1st major :crossfingers:

Djokovic has missed a few tournaments this year due to injury, Queens and Monte Carlo.

This victory bodes well for a US Open win for Murray.

Well done Andy. Big credit to both players though as they have played in every tournament this year i think.

Come on Andy, your time has come to win your 1st major :crossfingers:

The three players to have played the least events in the mens top 50 are Djokovic, Murray and Federer. All three have played 19 tournament... the average is about 25.

The difference is that these players are going deep in almost every competition they play, so they can afford to pick and choose.

Murray tends to only turn up for the Masters or Grand Slam events and instead of playing the smaller tournaments, he favours going out to Miami for these hardcore training blocks.

• 2 weeks later...

Murray plays his first match of the US Open tomorrow... route to the final is a tough one!

R1 - Devverman

R2 - Haase

R3 - Lopez

R4 - Wawrinka

QF - Soderling/Del Potro

SF - Nadal

F - Federer/Djokovic

First three matches should be straight forward enough... however, Wawrinka knocked him at a similar stage last year! Then things start getting really tough!

Murray plays his first match of the US Open tomorrow... route to the final is a tough one!

R1 - Devverman

R2 - Haase

R3 - Lopez

R4 - Wawrinka

QF - Soderling/Del Potro

SF - Nadal

F - Federer/Djokovic

First three matches should be straight forward enough... however, Wawrinka knocked him at a similar stage last year! Then things start getting really tough!

I predict a QF exit for Murray this year

R1 - Devverman

R2 - Haase

R3 - Lopez

R4 - Wawrinka

QF - Soderling/Del Potro

SF - Nadal

F - Federer/Djokovic

One good thing that might come out of that is Wawrinka got binned at Wimbledon when it looked like he'd be Andy's next opponent so he has that possibility. Del Potro is a machine who could very well repeat his feat of a few years ago. As you say though a tough route for Andy regardless.

Seeding should be banned from sport! Why should the so called "top" players get an easy way through competitions, avoiding the better players until nearer the final?

Tennis tournaments could be extremely dull if it wasn't for seeding.

Edit: well done Murray, nearly a bit of a wobble in the 1st set but as expected proved his class in the end. Personally I'm hoping THIS is the time for Murray to win his 1st Grand Slam tournament.

One good thing that might come out of that is Wawrinka got binned at Wimbledon when it looked like he'd be Andy's next opponent so he has that possibility. Del Potro is a machine who could very well repeat his feat of a few years ago. As you say though a tough route for Andy regardless.

If Andy is playing anywhere near his best he'll beat Lopez and Wawrinka. I see Soderling pulled of his first round match through illness - which sets up an absolute blockbuster quarter final against The Pony! Massive rivalry between those two since juniors and there is plenty of bad blood between the players.

If Andy is playing anywhere near his best he'll beat Lopez and Wawrinka. I see Soderling pulled of his first round match through illness - which sets up an absolute blockbuster quarter final against The Pony! Massive rivalry between those two since juniors and there is plenty of bad blood between the players.

i dont think del potro will see it through to the 1/4's, Murray looks stronger than last season, his game looks in better shape, really attacked more yesterday, lets hope its his year

i dont think del potro will see it through to the 1/4's

Not sure how strong he'll be.... I was at his match during the Australian Open when he was beaten by Marco Baghdatis and interestingly it's now Baghdatis (or Istner) he's scheduled to meet in the 4th round.

If he and Baggy meet in the 4th round then that match will be very interesting. I think since the turn of the year Del Potro has been gradually getting himself back to speed after his injury problems.

Del Potro is an awesome talent. He's a tennis freak and if he gets himself back to his pre-injury form then he'll be a force to be reckoned with. I think he'd be duelling with Djokovic as the premier hardcourt player in the world.

Not watching it, but was just away to stick some money on Murray when he was still 2-0 down, only getting 10/11 to win the match, now he has a set back he's in to 1/9, absolute joke.

Boy at my works son does odds for bet365, says the above will always happen for murray, nadal and fed when i complsined before!