Pet Hates

StandFree1982

9 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You also made preposterous presumptions about Soccer Saturday and you are hoping MHD's questions will go away. 

He's done nothing to contradict my comment that most people who watch it don't go to games regularly. I've made my points clearly and stand by them. There's nothing further to discuss on it. 

You just keep latching on to his comments because you looked a bit of a silly Billy yesterday and are hung up on it. 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He's done nothing to contradict my comment that most people who watch it don't go to games regularly. I've made my points clearly and stand by them. There's nothing further to discuss on it. 

You just keep latching on to his comments because you looked a bit of a silly Billy yesterday and are hung up on it. 

I have a season ticket at Pittodrie and watch Soccer Saturday regularly. Since I had kids, my away games are down considerably so usually watch it when the Dons are away or if they are playing Fri/Sun at Pittodrie. Whether that be in my house or in the bar with a coupon and some mates, that depends. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

I have a season ticket at Pittodrie and watch Soccer Saturday regularly. Since I had kids, my away games are down considerably so usually watch it when the Dons are away or if they are playing Fri/Sun at Pittodrie. Whether that be in my house or in the bar with a coupon and some mates, that depends. 

Precisely illustrating my point  Dazzy. 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

I'm not arguing that no one who watches it goes to games. Many people do. I don't think the MAJORITY do. I've explained that I think that as the majority of people who follow football don't go to games regularly. So it'd be strange for the majority of people who watch a programme that's on when the games are actually on, to go to games regularly. 

Anecdotal comments about what you or your mate does dont change the discussion. 

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I've mentioned living there on here a few times. It wasn't out of the blue at all. 

You're doing that thing where you mistake you not knowing about something for it being untrue or never discussed previously. Your world and sphere of knowledge is not THE world. 

^ This.

Aye just because someone does not reveal all about themselves in one go any further revelations thereafter are suddenly called into question.

Wise up.

Just now, Parklife said:

Nah. I've not. You'll need to show me how it's been demonstrated that THE MAJORITY of soccer Saturday viewers go to games. That was the discussion.

No one claimed that,  you claimed the majority that watch it are 'armchair beauts'.  You were being disparaging about people that watch it,  like they're not real football fans like you. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

No it wasn't. You were making such ridiculous claims, you went so far as saying YOU went to more NFL than the plastics went to fitba.

It wasnt a ridiculous claim, it was an exaggeration for effect. I've pointed this out to you about 5 times now ?

4 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

No one claimed that,  you claimed the majority that watch it are 'armchair beauts'.  

Yeah. The majority who watch it don't go to games. That's correct imo. 

Guest milne_afc

People who watch football on tv probably make a bigger overall contribution to football imho.

FWIW, I’ll flick between Open All Mics and Jeff and the Boys - there’s not much between them.

The only figures I can find a random date in 2016 show about 600,000 viewers for Soccer Saturday over the two sky channels. 

More than that attend games each week on average in the UK. 

Therefore if the average fan who attends games also watches Soccer Saturday sometimes then there aren’t that many watching who never attend games. 

These views and stats could be skewed by multiple factors including times of games, similar shows, viewers per household, viewing in a pub etc etc etc. 

There are probably a proportion of people who watch soccer Saturday who never go to games.

Probably more who are illegally streaming games or only watching games on sky etc.That would be a more interesting debate. But ultimately just as pointless.  

13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm not arguing that no one who watches if goes to games. Many people do. I don't think the MAJORITY do. I've explained that I think that as the majority of people who follow football don't go to games regularly. So it'd be strange for the majority of people who watch a programme that's on when the games are actually on, to go to games regularly. 

Anecdotal comments about what you or your mate does dont change the discussion. 

I would disagree with that. Theres loads of people who only go to home games so would watch it every other weekend.