Pet Hates

StandFree1982

13 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Legends. 

Have a noble cause and also have the steens to stand up for it, knowing the general hate and the consequences. 

If more of us (myself included) had that type of fibre- we'd be better off.

Old cunts with Range Rovers and fuck all else to do or homo students with brittle bones wanting to be part of a gang.

They don't actually care. Pritt sticking your hand to the road every now and again isn't that much committment.

Yer Greta's of the world are in it for the cash money, same as the head BLM mob, cash flow to allow them to move into snobby rich white man areas while the street level black man harasses a middle aged white man and his family trying to eat his supper at a restaurant.

13 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Legends. 

Have a noble cause and also have the steens to stand up for it, knowing the general hate and the consequences. 

I actually kinda get where they are coming from. Just don't agree with the way they go about it. Usually obnoxious wankers as well.

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
11 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Maybe she’s just got a new hobby?  Paddle boarding or that painting or colouring in by numbers shite that children or morons do. 

Fighting in Ukraine with the Klitschkos. 

6 hours ago, CCB III said:

Legends. 

Would they not be better trying to get the public on their side instead of mightly fucking everyone off?

It's a strange strategy and only serves to make them feel good about themselves.

52 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Would they not be better trying to get the public on their side instead of mightly fucking everyone off?

It's a strange strategy and only serves to make them feel good about themselves.

Many protest movements were wildly unpopular at the time they occurred. 

The civil rights movement, for one. And in Britain, the suffragettes. 

The other month when the folk were protesting about the lack of insulation in Britain folk were gan fkn feel, low and behold a few months later our energy bills are astronomical, wont be so bad for insulated households. 

They do it to spread awareness, not to "feel good about themselves." 

Hence why us two punters are talking about it on a forum for Aberdeen Football Club. 

If the government doesn't want to listen, which they don't, what's the alternative? 

"Aw shucks guys we asked nicely, be as well just stop giving a shit and cracking on"

It's attitudes like Moobs' one that allows for the government to pass the Crime and Policing bill which grants further restrictions on the right to protest. 

Britain is a bizarre country, where everyone will moan like fuck about X, Y and Z, but equally chastise folk trying to do right by them.

"Me heating bills are a disgrace" 

"those bloody stop oil cunts are wankers!"

Doesn't make any sense 

6 minutes ago, CCB III said:

If the government doesn't want to listen, which they don't, what's the alternative? 

"Aw shucks guys we asked nicely, be as well just stop giving a shit and cracking on"

It's attitudes like Moobs' one that allows for the government to pass the Crime and Policing bill which grants further restrictions on the right to protest. 

Britain is a bizarre country, where everyone will moan like fuck about X, Y and Z, but equally chastise folk trying to do right by them.

"Me heating bills are a disgrace" 

"those bloody stop oil cunts are wankers!"

Doesn't make any sense 

How will "stopping oil" help heating bills?

You know exactly what I'm getting at, their tactics only weaken their cause in the public's eyes. Add to that the massive examples of hypocrisy that always come out.

They are doing their cause more harm than good

6 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

How will "stopping oil" help heating bills?

You know exactly what I'm getting at, their tactics only weaken their cause in the public's eyes. Add to that the massive examples of hypocrisy that always come out.

They are doing their cause more harm than good

Sorry. Should've said 

"I was £70 for a litre of petrol the other day"

What tactics would you like them to deploy? Convenient ones? Like what?

What hypocrisy in particular are referring to? 

18 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Sorry. Should've said 

"I was £70 for a litre of petrol the other day"

What tactics would you like them to deploy? Convenient ones? Like what?

What hypocrisy in particular are referring to? 

There's been loads of hypocrisy. One of the protesters in the insulate Britain thing was a private landlord whose properties weren't properly insulated. Another had photos on her social media from a world tour they'd undertaken in a diesel van.

22 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

There's been loads of hypocrisy. One of the protesters in the insulate Britain thing was a private landlord whose properties weren't properly insulated. Another had photos on her social media from a world tour they'd undertaken in a diesel van.

Was the point she was making not that it's too expensive to insulate your home, let alone if you own multiple properties? 

They were campaigning to make it cheaper, or for the government to provide insulation, it doesn't surprise me she wouldn't have her properties insulated if she is campaigning for the cost to come down on it ?

What was she meant to do? If she got a plane she'd be a hypocrite. If she got just trains I can imagine it costing a fortune, which would only add to their point, that eco friendly travel is too expensive (which it is.) 

Fuck me, the guy who tied himself to the goalposts at Goodison Park was getting slated cause the zip tie he used was plastic and made from oil. 

That's what he's saying! We rely too much on oil, so much so that something like a little zip tie even has to be made with it.

Its like Greta T getting stick for having to buy a lunch, whilst on a train, with plastic packaging. 

Like that totally discredits her assertions or some thing, and doesn't actually make them make more sense ?

Whats your opinion, if you want the world to operate in a more ecologically friendly way you should live in a mud hut and cycle every single place you go? 

Its nuts

7 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Was the point she was making not that it's too expensive to insulate your home, let alone if you own multiple properties? 

They were campaigning to make it cheaper, or for the government to provide insulation, it doesn't surprise me she wouldn't have her properties insulated if she is campaigning for the cost to come down on it ?

What was she meant to do? If she got a plane she'd be a hypocrite. If she got just trains I can imagine it costing a fortune, which would only add to their point, that eco friendly travel is too expensive (which it is.) 

Fuck me, the guy who tied himself to the goalposts at Goodison Park was getting slated cause the zip tie he used was plastic and made from oil. 

That's what he's saying! We rely too much on oil, so much so that something like a little zip tie even has to be made with it.

Its like Greta T getting stick for having to buy a lunch, whilst on a train, with plastic packaging. 

Like that totally discredits her assertions or some thing, and doesn't actually make them make more sense ?

Whats your opinion, if you want the world to operate in a more ecologically friendly way you should live in a mud hut and cycle every single place you go? 

Its nuts

Driving round the planet needlessly in a diesel van then when you get home blocking traffic to stop people driving and using diesel? 

Owning an uninsulated property portfolio but protesting for homes to be insulated? I'm surprised to hear you want private landlords to receive taxpayer subsidies, quite the turnaround.

1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

Driving round the planet needlessly in a diesel van then when you get home blocking traffic to stop people driving and using diesel? 

Owning an uninsulated property portfolio but protesting for homes to be insulated? I'm surprised to hear you want private landlords to receive taxpayer subsidies, quite the turnaround.

1.) Why is it needless? Does anyone need to go anywhere? Every holiday anyone takes is "needless?" Taking a van will have been much more environmentally friendly than all the planes they'd have had to get. They aren't trying to "stop" individuals using diesel, they are being disruptive to make a wider point, that the means by which we use oil, petrol etc is not sustainable. But if you want to get around, anywhere, you'll probably have to use those means- as they are so intertwined with how we transport ourselves. The overarching point is that the ubiquitous nature of fossil fuels, is damaging. They aren't saying "don't drive your car" they are saying "there must be a better way than this."

2.) I never said I wanted private landlords to get government subsidies. I simply said for the point they were making, it makes total sense that the people saying it cost too much to insulate- don't have their homes insulated. LOL. 

To add, the private housing market isn't going anywhere so I wouldn't mind if government subsidised private landlords to insulate their properties- making it cheaper for the tenants who'll be paying the heating bills. 

Your POV is essentially 

"I think society should change"

"yes, but you are participating in society"

Don't make no sense mate. 

9 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Wee Greta has been quiet since Cop26 in Glasgow. Happen she’s got a man

She's just no longer newsworthy. She's a young woman now, and god knows folk don't like being told what to think by them. 

A wee kid, it's inspiring, cute. A grown woman? Folk will be white knuckling their telly remotes. 

Also she did a speech at Glastonbury last week.