Pet Hates

StandFree1982

1 minute ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Absolute bellends...

The cunts that tie wrap themselves to goal posts... tighten the tie wraps and play on.

The cunts that sit on the track in F1 races... leave them to it. See how long they last with cars coming at them at 200mph.

The cunts that glue themselves to roads... either rip them up so their skin is still stuck to the road or keep them there and use them as speed bumps.

All fantastic and completely workable solutions.

Genius.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

Mind reading again Consi, badly.

These goons want the world to change but aren't willing to change their own lives. If you can afford a private property portfolio you can raise the money to get them properly insulated. If you think society relies too much on fossil fuels don't drive around the world.

They are doing it for their own egos.

But you're still missing the point.

Whether you think they can afford it or not, they aren't campaigning on that front for themselves. And as PL says, for all you know they've made those necessary changes by now. Maybe they were in the process of doing it. Also, it's only one person out of many people protesting for that cause. 

Your second point I can't agree with. Sharing a van with people to travel the world is certainly make eco friendly than you all going it alone. 

Why does everyone standing up for a cause have to be perfect? 

What are they meant to do?

8 hours ago, CCB III said:

I don't believe that "every little helps" nonsense either.

7 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Whether you think they can afford it or not, they aren't campaigning on that front for themselves. And as PL says, for all you know they've made those necessary changes by now. Maybe they were in the process of doing it. Also, it's only one person out of many people protesting for that cause. 

Your second point I can't agree with. Sharing a van with people to travel the world is certainly make * eco friendly than you all going it alone. 

*It's more not make.

Good change of tune none the less.

4 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

*It's more not make.

Good change of tune none the less.

I've not changed my tune. I personally don't buy that every little helps nonsense. 

But a climate activist probs would. 

And getting in a van and driving about is going to be not as bad as jumping in multiple planes. 

10 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Your first solution contravenes the laws of football so is a non starter. 

Spin them round so they are off the pitch and play on, problem solved.

8 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Second solution would go against the F1 rules. Some kind of flag would be displayed until the track was clear.

F1 rules change all the time, just class them as a chicane.

8 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Third solution would result in assault or murder charges.

Would be worth doing the time.

5 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I've not changed my tune. I personally don't buy that every little helps nonsense. 

And getting in a van and driving about is going to be not as bad as jumping in multiple planes. 

Remember this next time you start off on one about benders, landlords etc.

41 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Your second point I can't agree with. Sharing a van with people to travel the world is certainly make eco friendly than you all going it alone. 

Why does everyone standing up for a cause have to be perfect? 

What are they meant to do?

Not be hypocrites. Not do exactly the thing they are protesting against.

28 minutes ago, CCB III said:

It's a lot worse than not doing it at all.

1 minute ago, Sooper-hanz said:

1. Still against the rules 

2. Can’t do that 

3. it wouldn’t 

1. who cares, fire footballs are their tie wrapped heads. More entertaining than anything we saw at Pittodrie last season.

2. Ok well make sure the drivers are protected more and then give them extra points for hitting them.

3. Oh it would.

24 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

1. who cares, fire footballs are their tie wrapped heads. More entertaining than anything we saw at Pittodrie last season.

2. Ok well make sure the drivers are protected more and then give them extra points for hitting them.

3. Oh it would.

Secretly start the match 1 hour earlier so when they cable tie themselves to the goals, blow the final whistle and switch off the flood lights.  Also all for releasing dogs at this point but no doubt some cunt will say Im not allowed.    

1 minute ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Secretly start the match 1 hour earlier so when they cable tie themselves to the goals, blow the final whistle and switch off the flood lights.  Also all for releasing dogs at this point but no doubt some cunt will say Im not allowed.    

Great plan... or if the dog idea isn't allowed just make sure its the last game of the season and leave them tied there over the Summer.

10 hours ago, CCB III said:

I dunno if you think this is a "gotcha." 

My personal opinion on climate activists is they are wasting their time. I'll still defend them for having the wherewithal and bottle to stand up for what they think is right. I agree with what they are saying, I just don't think enough people do/will take it seriously enough to make it matter.
I don't believe that "every little helps" nonsense either.

I don't think a dude in Wisconsin walking to work every other day instead of driving, even if there are thousands of him, is going to offset the pollution of the US army, for example. Poor people don't omit half as much emissions as rich people. The idea that we are all in it together is ludicrous. 

Also, people don't want to be inconvenienced. It's inconvenient to drive less, it's inconvenient to look for different forms of energy when we already have ones we know how to use, it's inconvenient to recycle, it's inconvenient to invest in eco friendly public infrastructure. And so on.

As a species we struggle to perceive problems that aren't smacking us in the face. Why should a guy in the freezing cold Aiberdeen assume the world is getting hotter? It's cold far he bides, ken?

So anyway, that's just my personal opinion. Until the powers that be are forced to take it seriously, which will only be through means of revolution, which will never, ever happen in this country, I don't anticipate much changing. 

People are too wrapped up in their day to day, and it's understandable. It would take a monumental shift in public consciousness to achieve appropriate climate goals. 

Not a gotcha at all 

Just a question around the courage of your convictions

You seem to care more about the internet whinging than direct action 

Guest findlay_1903
7 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Going on holiday this week and having to wear last seasons kit.  

Shambles tbph. 

We are away next week. Not taking any replica kit, just beach towel to hang off sidewalk to the van.