Pet Hates

StandFree1982

4 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Yeah if Mastermind allowed you to just fire out wrong answers until you got it right you'd definitely be in with a shout.

Have you ever thrown someone's shoe over a pub?

That's the real quiz.

Just don’t say pass is my strategy. Why do they do that?

Just say Durrant dived to any question you don’t know as passes count against you possibly at the end. Better to get it wrong than to pass.

54 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Just don’t say pass is my strategy. Why do they do that?

Just say Durrant dived to any question you don’t know as passes count against you possibly at the end. Better to get it wrong than to pass.

If you pass it immediately moves on to the next question. Answer it wrong and Clive gives you the right answer (wasting time) before moving on.

Swings and roundabouts I guess

10 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Text / WhatsApp messages about where to meet up. Why do folk not just phone and say I’ll see you there at two or whatever.

Ends up being a back and fore saga when a simple phone call could resolve the situation within about 2 seconds.

Aye, ok Buzby

1 hour ago, Fridge said:

Text / WhatsApp messages about where to meet up. Why do folk not just phone and say I’ll see you there at two or whatever.

Ends up being a back and fore saga when a simple phone call could resolve the situation within about 2 seconds.

Phoning cunts is a pain in the arse and a bit rude IMO. Interrupting whatever they're doing and demanding their attention. Easier to send a text, particularly during working hours, which can be responded to when they're free. 

4 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Add 'Aliens' to that list 👍

Aliens is great, but it falls down on the 'Rescue the cute kid' side quest and the alluded to chemistry between Hicks and Ripley. 

No cutesy shite in Predator. Only female character is the prisoner who's used for exposition, and no-one's getting all romantic with her in an alien-related survival situation like Hicks and Ripley in Aliens. 

Terminator, same problem as Aliens. Hicks... sorry, Reece, and Sarah Connor romantic subplot for the birds who might watch it. 

Commando, rescue Newt... sorry... rescue the little kid.

First Blood has no romantic shite, but it's 'sending a message' about the real effects of the Vietnam War on those who came back from it. I don't want messages, I want dead monsters, green blood, and half naked bodybuilders firing M60s and miniguns in a reckless manner at everything within a 100 meter radius. 

One of the Rambos has a romantic subplot, but almost as soon as it develops, "You takee me back to America withee you, John Rambo?" ...30 seconds later she's dead, full of bullets, floating in a pool of septic water... fair enough it's hilarious, but they almost went there, so points deducted. 

Predator's the only one where there's zero pandering to a female audience.

Just testosterone

spacer.png

guns

spacer.png

'splosions

spacer.png

homoerotic situations

spacer.png

and fantastic one-liners. 

spacer.png

It's the greatest movie of all time.