Mccall The New Mcghee?

I note Motherwell have signed some lower league dross from England, Grella from Leeds, and Jones from Walsall.

Exactly the type of signing policy that landed us in hot water over the last 18 months.

The problem McCall has is that he must be of the opinion, as McGhee was, that these guys can thrive in the SPL, even though they canna get a game in the lower reaches of English football.

He's in for the same rude awakening, Motherwell will plummet down the table under this odious ginger arsed hun, mark my words.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I note Motherwell have signed some lower league dross from England, Grella from Leeds, and Jones from Walsall.

Exactly the type of signing policy that landed us in hot water over the last 18 months.

The problem McCall has is that he must be of the opinion, as McGhee was, that these guys can thrive in the SPL, even though they canna get a game in the lower reaches of English football.

He's in for the same rude awakening, Motherwell will plummet down the table under this odious ginger arsed hun, mark my words.

Remind me again, where it was that we signed Folly, McArdle and Vernon from? That's right, Arsenal wasn't it.

Remind me again, where it was that we signed Folly, McArdle and Vernon from? That's right, Arsenal wasn't it.

Plymouth, Rochdale & Colchester.

The point being that only one of the above could be considered a success.

Folly is far too lightweight for SPL football and will not be here long term.

And McArdle is distinctly average, he's not great at all at fullback, he's OK at centre back but a touch on the small side for my liking and I don't think he'd form an integral part of a properly successful Aberdeen team, he's useful as backup only in my opinion.

And McArdle is distinctly average, he's not great at all at fullback, he's OK at centre back but a touch on the small side for my liking and I don't think he'd form an integral part of a properly successful Aberdeen team, he's useful as backup only in my opinion.

Folly is player of our season, vernon will be record scorer for moons, mcardle is spl quality and fit about hartley?

Can i hae some of the drugs your on min?

The lower league dross one of which has been player of the season (now injured), another top scorer and another captain?????

Dont think you can knock mcghee's signings. It was his and his staff's attitudes that had us in bother.

Player of the season? Nowhere near it, he's been largely anonymous for us and I can't remember a stand out performance, although I can remember him being totally steamrollered by a physically stronger Hearts midfield.

He's got good control, but I'm not buying that he's vital to us, in fact I'd say he was a large part of the reason we found ourselves propping up the table in the first place.

Vernon I agree has turned out to be an excellent addition, no complaints there. The point being, you get more failures than success stories shopping in that end of the market, it's guaranteed.

What league should Motherwell be signing players from? Premiership?

Funnily enough they had Blackman earlier in the season, so yes.

A policy of signing players who canna get a game for lower league English teams is one doomed to failure, that is my point.

Folly played a handful of games for Plymouth. If he canna get a game for them, he's not good enough for Aberdeen.

Brown is now chasing McAllister and Gardyne to name but two, masterful signing policy, guys with proven records cherry picked from teams of a lower stature than ourselves from within Scotland. Fergie would be proud of him, this is like the Aberdeen of old and the one I knew until several managers drove a coach & horses through the club philosophy.

A policy of signing players who canna get a game for lower league English teams is one doomed to failure, that is my point.

Folly played a handful of games for Plymouth. If he canna get a game for them, he's not good enough for Aberdeen.

Brown is now chasing McAllister and Gardyne to name but two, masterful signing policy, guys with proven records cherry picked from teams of a lower stature than ourselves from within Scotland. Fergie would be proud of him, this is like the Aberdeen of old and the one I knew until several managers drove a coach & horses through the club philosophy.

The lower leagues in England are of a much higher standard than up here in Scotland.

Have to disagree on folly, a ball winner that keeps is simple. I like that in a player. Does his job, no one expects him to be eusebio.

Blackman was a loan, cant build a team on loans so im afraid its lower english and scottish leagues for shoppin!

Aye, that's cliched English nonsense which we have to put up with regularly from south of the border.

Scottish fitba is a reasonable standard, dinna listen to anyone who denigrates it to the level of lower English leagues.

Look at the players who have left Scotland and now star in England if you want any proof. Adam being talked about as completing the most long range passes of any player in England, FFS, not so long ago he was scoring from the halfway line for Ross County.

Our top league is on a par with their top league and dinna listen to any biased hoor who tries to advise you to the contrary.

Why do we put our own game down so much? Little wonder the arse has fallen out of our TV money.

Watch plenty of it, teams like Southampton, Charlton, Shef Wednesday and P'boro would easily hold their own up here, not to mention Brighton.

That can never be proven in any sense, so is on the level of playground conjecture. It's meaningless to say that because proof positive is impossible to find. Cliched English talk.

Our teams have held their own against their teams in Europe, and that's the only way you can truly draw any comparisons.

Aye, that's cliched English nonsense which we have to put up with regularly from south of the border.

Scottish fitba is a reasonable standard, dinna listen to anyone who denigrates it to the level of lower English leagues.

Look at the players who have left Scotland and now star in England if you want any proof. Adam being talked about as completing the most long range passes of any player in England, FFS, not so long ago he was scoring from the halfway line for Ross County.

Our top league is on a par with their top league and dinna listen to any biased hoor who tries to advise you to the contrary.

Why do we put our own game down so much? Little wonder the arse has fallen out of our TV money.

Haha its nae on par with the prem!!!! Lower end champ maybe mid to lower.

Both Grella and Jones have been playing most weeks down south and Jones has 29 international caps.

Folly had been excellent til his injury, like Brian Grant. He does the donkey work which largely goes unnoticed but i think he's a very valuable player for us and it's a real shame he'll miss the rest of the season. Hopefully the lads will go on and win a trophy for him :crossfingers:

McArdle looks more comfortable at CB and i think he will form a great partnership with Considine in the future.

Haha its nae on par with the prem!!!! Lower end champ maybe mid to lower.

It is min, the top four in England, and a couple of others who have the benefit of obscenely rich benefactors, are obviously financially out of reach, but this applies to all the other teams in the EPL.

Are you seriously saying that we couldna give Wigan a game of it? Or West Brom? Damned right we could, as could Hearts and United.

Rangers & Celtic, much as I loathe them as I do the teams at the EPL's summit, have also both beaten the top English teams in recent years.

Yes we have a greater range of disparity in our top league, in that Hamilton and St Mirren are no-mark bottom feeder clubs who would be eaten alive by the top clubs in England, but we used to, and have now started to, tan them on a regular basis ourselves. So it's too simplistic to simply generalise by saying one league is definitively better than the other. There are all sorts of micro factors to consider.

The English have written us off, but it's founded on a base lie and has turned into a cliched response.

f**k them and their soap opera of a league.

Platini and UEFA have big plans which should see fitba's natural order restored. I canna wait.

It's ludicrous that teams like Hull were buying players from Ajax and Marseille (proper clubs of tradition) and it's not before time it was ended.

Both Grella and Jones have been playing most weeks down south and Jones has 29 international caps.

Grella has played twice this season, Jones has 29 international caps for Wales, which is largely meaningless, as they're hopeless.

These guys will take Motherwell down the table, nothing is surer.

Folly had been excellent til his injury, like Brian Grant. He does the donkey work which largely goes unnoticed but i think he's a very valuable player for us and it's a real shame he'll miss the rest of the season. Hopefully the lads will go on and win a trophy for him :crossfingers:

McArdle looks more comfortable at CB and i think he will form a great partnership with Considine in the future.

I have to disagree on Folly, excellent was not my take on his performances at all.

In the game in Inverness he barely touched the ball the whole game.

We were losing every week so I'm struggling to see how any of our players could have been described as excellent.

Grella has played twice this season, Jones has 29 international caps for Wales, which is largely meaningless, as they're hopeless.

These guys will take Motherwell down the table, nothing is surer.

Grella has played 13 games this season and Jones is Northern Irish but pretty sure you know that and on fishing trip!!

It is min, the top four in England, and a couple of others who have the benefit of obscenely rich benefactors, are obviously financially out of reach, but this applies to all the other teams in the EPL.

Are you seriously saying that we couldna give Wigan a game of it? Or West Brom? Damned right we could, as could Hearts and United.

Rangers & Celtic, much as I loathe them as I do the teams at the EPL's summit, have also both beaten the top English teams in recent years.

Yes we have a greater range of disparity in our top league, in that Hamilton and St Mirren are no-mark bottom feeder clubs who would be eaten alive by the top clubs in England, but we used to, and have now started to, tan them on a regular basis ourselves. So it's too simplistic to simply generalise by saying one league is definitively better than the other. There are all sorts of micro factors to consider.

The English have written us off, but it's founded on a base lie and has turned into a cliched response.

f**k them and their soap opera of a league.

Platini and UEFA have big plans which should see fitba's natural order restored. I canna wait.

It's ludicrous that teams like Hull were buying players from Ajax and Marseille (proper clubs of tradition) and it's not before time it was ended.

So its on par but naebody could beat the top 4 and only us, utd and herts could give wigan a game? Nae really on par then....

And i think we'd get played off the park by wigan and west brom. Probably even west ham ( by far the worst prem team ).

Grella has played 13 games this season and Jones is Northern Irish but pretty sure you know that and on fishing trip!!

Not at all, Grella has started two games then, featured in 13.

I never even bothered to check which country Jones was born in to be frank, but 29 caps for Northern Ireland is much of a muchness with 29 for Wales. Apologies for the error in any case, but it's diversionary to argue over this.

These are side issues, the point being Motherwell will suffer for their recruitment policy.

Not at all, Grella has started two games then, featured in 13.

I never even bothered to check which country Jones was born in to be frank, but 29 caps for Northern Ireland is much of a muchness with 29 for Wales. Apologies for the error in any case, but it's diversionary to argue over this.

These are side issues, the point being Motherwell will suffer for their recruitment policy.

Grella started 7 games out of last 9 and came on as sub the other 2.