Flares In Football - For Or Against?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are dangerous and if set off in the wrong area of the ground especially up here in the mian stand would burn the place down.

How come the rickety old stadiums in Poland or Eastern Europe in general haven't burned to the ground with flares ever? Anyhow, get them set off in the South Stand then, problem solved.

You for or against?

What you on about now ? I've got a mate currently serving a jail term in Italy for letting off flares inside a stadium. They're stricter than the UK with that sort of thing these days.

Safe to maybe say mini doesn't know exactly the point he's trying to make.

Nae harm done like, sometimes difficult for some folk to get a point across. I presume that's what's happened here anyway.

What you on about now ? I've got a mate currently serving a jail term in Italy for letting off flares inside a stadium. They're stricter than the UK with that sort of thing these days.

I was more meaning the club, it's more or less Ultras, proper Ultras over in these places that have a say in most things, I didn't realise how strict Italy had became, although I seem to remember a few games a couple of season back where a lot of teams fans were avoiding away days.

No sympathy for your mate though, his own fault.

How come the rickety old stadiums in Poland or Eastern Europe in general haven't burned to the ground with flares ever? Anyhow, get them set off in the South Stand then, problem solved.

You for or against?

You're obviously too young to remember bradford then or have had to watch it during a fire awareness presentation, might i suggest you search for the footage

Do you know for certain the medical history of everyone in the crowd? from having a grandmother who was a severe asthmatic (and an attack was probably what eventually killed her), a brother who suffers from it now he is older and a neice who may in the future, i wonder what affect a smoke bomb would have on either of those two of my living family

any sort of incendary device or smoke producing device has no place anywhere there could be crowd's dont care if its football or not - to introduce flames and smoke into a crowd of people is one of the most stupid and ignorant things a person could do

I was more meaning the club, it's more or less Ultras, proper Ultras over in these places that have a say in most things, I didn't realise how strict Italy had became, although I seem to remember a few games a couple of season back where a lot of teams fans were avoiding away days.

No sympathy for your mate though, his own fault.

nah, the ultras have zero influence with the clubs. the clubs dislike them, largely because of the power they used to hold. however the ultras are all but finished in italy. they've been brought to their knees by draconian laws and over the top punishments.

as for my mate. he broke the law, he got punished. that's the way it goes.

See Lazio v Roma for reference, more of them set off in that game alone than any other game in Italy.

It's just tremendous!

FORZA LAZIO!

nae sure, I've never counted but I've been to a lazio v roma in the curva nord and there was a fair few went off right enough. even more so outside in the streets hours before the game. most I've ever encountered though was at a napoli v Verona. they were raining down on us almost non-stop. madness.