Lennon Sent Mail Bomb

How can we hate someone we don't know?

The guy's actions are very questionable, but he's actually alright in person.

I found him good company when I shared a couple of pints with him in Dublin a few years ago.

Hitler might have been a hoot to have a pint with but his actions were a little more than questionable! Same goes with Fritzel.

It is possible to form an opinion of someone based on their actions. Whether this is right or not doesnt change the fact that it's human nature to have an opinion based on what we have seen.

Thats not to say Lennon is up there with Hitler or Fritzel mind....

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some interesting points here actually, and I'll retract mine to an extent after reading some of this and pose a question:

What if Lennon was our manager and we were top of the league, and he's doing what in theory Fergie did with the Dons years back (them against us) - would we frown upon him and give him as much pelters?

Now I understand this is a completely different scenario because Lennon isn't our manager, but lets pretend he was.....

He shows passion, we can't really have a go for that - but because he manages one of the OF, we all do.

No manager deserves bombs sent to their family home, and infact NO-ONE AT ALL DOES!

making comments on every refereeing decision is not showing passion, making comments on the disciplinary hearing of other managers is not showing passion, squaring up to other managers is not showing passion, shouting in the face of officials is not showing passion, being sent to the stands in a friendly is not showing passion. He needs to know when to shut his gob.

Some interesting points here actually, and I'll retract mine to an extent after reading some of this and pose a question:

What if Lennon was our manager and we were top of the league, and he's doing what in theory Fergie did with the Dons years back (them against us) - would we frown upon him and give him as much pelters?

Now I understand this is a completely different scenario because Lennon isn't our manager, but lets pretend he was.....

He shows passion, we can't really have a go for that - but because he manages one of the OF, we all do.

No manager deserves bombs sent to their family home, and infact NO-ONE AT ALL DOES!

If he was our manager and he acted as he did at the start of this season, constantly berating the refs, the SFA, suggesting Rangers were the favoured team by all in Scotland(replace that with, say, DUtd or Hearts if he was our manager), squaring up to opposition players, assistant managers and managers then I'd hate him just as much as I do for him doing it as the tim manager. Probably more because it would be my club he was embarrassing instead of Celtic. I'd also be pretty pissed off with any of our own fans that didnt see it the same way and I cant believe the tims not only buy into his conspiracy but actually help it grow by buying into it so much.

I'm all for a manager showing passion, commitment, drive, ambition and creating a siege mentality within the club but Lennon has went too far in all of the above to the point he's making a mockery of the league and our game in general. His comments and pressure have seen 1 ref leave and another put under serious pressure causing a ref strike, something that, as far as i am aware, hasnt happened in any other country.

Dont agree with sending him bombs but I'd be more than happy to see him banned from our game for good.

making comments on every refereeing decision is not showing passion, making comments on the disciplinary hearing of other managers is not showing passion. He needs to know when to shut his gob.

He isn't stupid as many people seem to think. While he may have slight temper issues, I do think more often than not he is well aware of what he is saying and doing, and is doing it for a reason. I think I dislike him most for that very reason, even when he is acting in the most childish or aggressive manner at times, I think he is doing it to manipulate decisions to favour his team...

As for the bomb, of course no-one deserves that because they happen to manage a football team, Of course, football in Glasgow is not all about football but anyone trying to justify that Lennon is only getting what he deserves doesn't even warrant discussion...

He isn't stupid as many people seem to think. While he may have slight temper issues, I do think more often than not he is well aware of what he is saying and doing, and is doing it for a reason. I think I dislike him most for that very reason, even when he is acting in the most childish or aggressive manner at times, I think he is doing it to manipulate decisions to favour his team...

As for the bomb, of course no-one deserves that because they happen to manage a football team, Of course, football in Glasgow is not all about football but anyone trying to justify that Lennon is only getting what he deserves doesn't even warrant discussion...

do you think thats the case when he's screming in the face of an official and being sent to the stand or when he wants a square go with an opposing player or manager or when he's being sent to the stand during a friendly?

do you think thats the case when he's screming in the face of an official and being sent to the stand or when he wants a square go with an opposing player or manager or when he's being sent to the stand during a friendly?

I said he had anger issues as well, but at times, yes, I do think he is well aware of what he is doing as he is not a stupid guy.

I said he had anger issues as well, but at times, yes, I do think he is well aware of what he is doing as he is not a stupid guy.

I disagree, I used to think the above but not any more. He opens his gob and lets his stomach rumble. As I said I believe he needs to learn to shut up or It would be best for all concerned if he just left this country for good.

I believe both sides of the Old firm have been favoured more this season not just Celtic.

But Celtic are benefitting in 10 games out of 11 then, moreso than ever? He has created an atmosphere that makes it difficult for referees to take decisions against Celtic, and edge more 50/50s their way. I think this is added to by his continued outbursts both pitch side and in the media, and I 100% believe he has purposely created this situation to benefit his team. Hot headed he is, but he has utilised it well this year...

So that incident, probably the most inflammatory OF management exchange in history, was caused by who exactly?

Lennon, simple

That depends on what Mccoits said

no it doesnt

If you were out on a works night out, boss there etc and you've had one or two sherbets when some tit comes up to you and whispers something like I'm going to kill you mofo in your ear because you've bumped his arm and spilled a wee bit of his pint do you a) go mental, square up, get ready to slug it out or b) look at him like the idiot he is, walk away and act like a grown up in front of your work colleagues and boss?

People can go on about football being a mans game all they like, they can make excuses for players and manager being aggressive because of the situation and atmosphere at a game etc... being a man doesnt mean acting like Neil lennon though when someone says something you dont like. Its about knowing when to fly and when to fight... just like being in a bar with your boss and his boss for a couple of beers and agro coming your way is a time to fly its also the time to fly when an opposition manager whispers sweet nothings into your ear in front of 50K animals looking for a blood excuse.

Lennon = grade a knob

But Celtic are benefitting in 10 games out of 11 then, moreso than ever? He has created an atmosphere that makes it difficult for referees to take decisions against Celtic, and edge more 50/50s their way. I think this is added to by his continued outbursts both pitch side and in the media, and I 100% believe he has purposely created this situation to benefit his team. Hot headed he is, but he has utilised it well this year...

fair enough F14 I'll have to disagree with you though, I don't believe he is that clever, the huns get treated the same and Smith isn't going ape at every official and being sent to the stand every two games.

Lennon, simple

no it doesnt

If you were out on a works night out, boss there etc and you've had one or two sherbets when some tit comes up to you and whispers something like I'm going to kill you mofo in your ear because you've bumped his arm and spilled a wee bit of his pint do you a) go mental, square up, get ready to slug it out or b) look at him like the idiot he is, walk away and act like a grown up in front of your work colleagues and boss?

People can go on about football being a mans game all they like, they can make excuses for players and manager being aggressive because of the situation and atmosphere at a game etc... being a man doesnt mean acting like Neil lennon though when someone says something you dont like. Its about knowing when to fly and when to fight... just like being in a bar with your boss and his boss for a couple of beers and agro coming your way is a time to fly its also the time to fly when an opposition manager whispers sweet nothings into your ear in front of 50K animals looking for a blood excuse.

Lennon = grade a knob

just to clarify I agree with most of that spam!

Lennon should have walked away but Mccoist may have said something deeply offensive to him but I doubt it considering Lennons history and temper.

the man is twat and I'd love to see him out of scottish game for good.

I believe both sides of the Old firm have been favoured more this season not just Celtic.

Correct, a conspiracy theorist would have it that they are both, in cahoots with the authorities, trying to run the game into the ground up here in order to facilitate an escape.

Scottish football is corrupt to the very core, the Italians were in a similar situation, and at least had a pop at the biggest culprits. It's fixed, beyond belief.

I've had it with the game up here, it's a pointless shootie in for Celtic and Rangers, aided and abetted by compliant media, referees and authorities. I've written a letter to the SFA explaining this and asking for a refund of my ticket money from Sunday. I don't expect to get it, but the point has been made.

The game up here is f**ked. Farcical. Give all the trophies to Celtic and Rangers at the start of the season. Let Lennon and Smith make all decisions and dispense with puppet referees from Glasgow. In fact, just disband the 40 other sides and let them play each other 100 times a season, who gives a f**k, we can go on all we want about Aberdeen being bad but we canna win even if we were good.

Now we have terrorists involved. Real ones, not idiots in their bedrooms purporting. Sickening, brought to our door by these reprehensible Glaswegian mafioso style football clubs.

The only way out of this is for all clubs in Scotland to take legal action to remove the Old Firm from our leagues, for good. Get rid of their poison and they can take it where it's welcome.

Until then, I'm not putting a single penny into Scottish football again, I've snapped.

So you're not prepared to cast your opinion on who it was who caused an ugly exchange without knowing the unknowable. That's fine. I'll do it anyway.

McCoist is the bigger of the two c**ts. He said something deliberately to get a reaction, without thinking through the consequences.

If Lennon is murdered by one of these bigoted, twisted sickheads, McCoist has his blood on his hands.

I tend to agree with most of what you say RS, but I can't quite get my head round the link you're trying to make here. You saying McCoist should be arrested on incitement to religious hatred?

The murder of Neil Lennon would undoubtedly be on religious grounds. You've made one heck of leap to suggest that McCoist is trying to provoke violence towards Lennon.

Correct, a conspiracy theorist would have it that they are both, in cahoots with the authorities, trying to run the game into the ground up here in order to facilitate an escape.

Scottish football is corrupt to the very core, the Italians were in a similar situation, and at least had a pop at the biggest culprits. It's fixed, beyond belief.

I've had it with the game up here, it's a pointless shootie in for Celtic and Rangers, aided and abetted by compliant media, referees and authorities. I've written a letter to the SFA explaining this and asking for a refund of my ticket money from Sunday. I don't expect to get it, but the point has been made.

The game up here is f**ked. Farcical. Give all the trophies to Celtic and Rangers at the start of the season. Let Lennon and Smith make all decisions and dispense with puppet referees from Glasgow. In fact, just disband the 40 other sides and let them play each other 100 times a season, who gives a f**k, we can go on all we want about Aberdeen being bad but we canna win even if we were good.

Now we have terrorists involved. Real ones, not idiots in their bedrooms purporting. Sickening, brought to our door by these reprehensible Glaswegian mafioso style football clubs.

The only way out of this is for all clubs in Scotland to take legal action to remove the Old Firm from our leagues, for good. Get rid of their poison and they can take it where it's welcome.

Until then, I'm not putting a single penny into Scottish football again, I've snapped.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Don't think a single person has said he deserves to be sent this in mail BUT many are saying he is a total c**t!!

Mccoist whispered something and Lennon went over board and reacted stupidly

Thought there was very very little in that incident to be fair. Blown out of all proportion because of everything that had went on before.

For me Lennon is doing exactly the same as what Fergie does down south but maybe just goes wrong way about it sometimes and hasn't the calmness that Fergie has in tough situations.

Thought there was very very little in that incident to be fair. Blown out of all proportion because of everything that had went on before.

For me Lennon is doing exactly the same as what Fergie does down south but maybe just goes wrong way about it sometimes and hasn't the calmness that Fergie has in tough situations.

theres no maybe about it and thats the main difference between them, well that and the fact one of them is one of the most successful managers in football.

So you're not prepared to cast your opinion on who it was who caused an ugly exchange without knowing the unknowable. That's fine. I'll do it anyway.

McCoist is the bigger of the two c**ts. He said something deliberately to get a reaction, without thinking through the consequences.

If Lennon is murdered by one of these bigoted, twisted sickheads, McCoist has his blood on his hands.

Eh?!

It doesnt really matter what McCoist said the fact Lennon went schizo for the umpteenth time just shows he doesnt have the mental tolerance to cope with a job like this.

Lennon has been a target of extreme proddies for quite some time. Even before he took the job he was a hate figure. What McCoist said or did is a drop in the ocean to a much bigger problem. Lennon has a history of bad blood with the proddies and some of it is down to his own behaviour.

There is no doubt Lennon does not deserve this but he does have an element of control over it. Like today he's already ratched up the situation calling those who sent him the parcels cowards. FFS in a situation like this i would advise Lennon to maybe concentrate on his football and get someone else at the club to speak to the media. That to me is just going to incite the idiots who sent him the stuff in the first place!!

To me he's a brainless big mouth who needs to shut up.

Thats possibly the most ridiculous thing i've ever read from you RS! McCoist takes blame for that isolated incident involving the two of them, but suggesting that he has blood on his hands if one of these sick b*stards succeeds in sending through a bomb to Lennon and his family is completely uncalled for.

Lennon shouldnt have reacted. He's, meant to be, a professional and should have handled the situation better. Same with Craig Brown when he went off on one vs Motherwell.