Watches

Jones

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Haven't read the whole thread, so may have been mentioned before, but Steinhart is what you want. Swiss watches, assembled in Germany, eta movements etc. I have two, Ocean One Vintage (double) Red and an Ocean One Vintage Military. All their watches are superb, faultless time keeping, perpetual movement, rarely need reset. Selling now for just under 400 euros, but you'll never need another watch. Btw my mate told me about them a couple of years back. He has Rolex's but now always wears his Steinhart.

Haven't read the whole thread, so may have been mentioned before, but Steinhart is what you want. Swiss watches, assembled in Germany, eta movements etc. I have two, Ocean One Vintage (double) Red and an Ocean One Vintage Military. All their watches are superb, faultless time keeping, perpetual movement, rarely need reset. Selling now for just under 400 euros, but you'll never need another watch. Btw my mate told me about them a couple of years back. He has Rolex's but now always wears his Steinhart.

expensive copies of other watches.

one, maybe two steps above a lookylooky manny

Oh yeah, tbey're homages to others, we know that but have an excellent reputation and are superb value for money, and being an Aberdonian that's all that really matters.

I wouldn't buy a Rolex, ever. It's a £1000 watch, no more, but you pay ten times that for the brand and to pay for all that very expensive advertising at Wimbledon, F1 etc. And nobody ever thinks it's real, just think you're wearing a fake.

Oh yeah, tbey're homages to others, we know that but have an excellent reputation and are superb value for money, and being an Aberdonian that's all that really matters.

I wouldn't buy a Rolex, ever. It's a £1000 watch, no more, but you pay ten times that for the brand and to pay for all that very expensive advertising at Wimbledon, F1 etc. And nobody ever thinks it's real, just think you're wearing a fake.

So you wont invest in a decent watch in case people think you're wearing a fake. Instead you'll just buy fakes with different names on them.

A fake is a fake is it not.

It's a 1k watch that will only go up in value.

Also, what you are describing there is Tag etc. Rolex watches still have decent movements.

So you wont invest in a decent watch in case people think you're wearing a fake. Instead you'll just buy fakes with different names on them.

We're not going to agree, been here before. 'Homage' means 'respect or reverence paid or rendered'. Many, many manufacturers make watches that pay respect to, lets say, the Rolex Submariner. I know my watch is a Swiss manufactured quality timepiece with a top drawer mechanical movement. I love my two Steinharts but I can understand why many, who have maybe paid ten to a hundred times more would disagree.

I didn't buy my watch hoping it would accumulate in value, I knew it wouldn't. I bought it, having thoroughly researched the brand, to wear, knowing it would do a lifetime's service. I have not been disappointed. Also, I know I haven't been ripped off...

A fake is a fake is it not.

Don't know what happened to that reply, but you get my point. There's a good article in Worn and Wound discussing Homage vs Replica vs Counterfeits, easily found on the internet. It's personal opinion, but I get where you're coming from - if I'd paid thousands on a Rolex I may well have a different view. I still think they're a rip off though, big time.

Don't know what happened to that reply, but you get my point. There's a good article in Worn and Wound discussing Homage vs Replica vs Counterfeits, easily found on the internet. It's personal opinion, but I get where you're coming from - if I'd paid thousands on a Rolex I may well have a different view. I still think they're a rip off though, big time.

Bigger with a Panerai.

Where's best to get fake Panerai ?

I aint paying the 12k for the one I want

Turkey is the best place for good quality fakes, they actually call them 'genuine fakes' over there, so competitive is the market. Most watches at the markets are crap but if you pay a bit more at one of the resort shops you can actually get a better quality 'fake' which will actually last and keep time. Their fakes are actually graded, the more you pay the better they are. My other half has a couple, got them last summer, mechanical perpetual movement Rolex and Tag Heuer which are very, very good counterfeits. More difficult to source in this country and much more expensive.

My da got a fake Audemars Piguet for £12 in Turkey and sold it for £400 on ebay. Decent fakes are big business. Which is tragic really.

I can quite believe that. Some are not so much 'fake' in Turkey but good quality replicas. I've no doubt if you took a heap of them back you could make a few quid cos they actually work, will last and the finish will hold up if looked after...