Watches

Jones

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thinking about buying this, but there are already 3 watches incoming in the post through boozy eBay bids, might not go down well in the ChutneyLove household. I wish Quaggy would hurry up with my Hublot replica!

OP-3013GD.jpg

That's quite something, that watch.

That's quite something, that watch.

I bought it. The rectangular shape around the analogue dial is actually a mirror! The watch is a lot chunkier than I expected, though it raises a few comments when I wear it - only positive so far. Like trainers and jeans, it is important to have a wide selection of watch types, Ke1t - though perhaps with your basics for comfort attitude, you disagree. Fair enough.

TAGs? Seriously?

It's the brand watch collectors generally avoid, style over substance.

100% right. I have two and both of them have started falling to bits...literally bits falling off and I haven't been doing anything stupid with them. Customer service not interested. I like the look of them but after the experience with those I would say avoid TAG like the plague.

I bought it. The rectangular shape around the analogue dial is actually a mirror! The watch is a lot chunkier than I expected, though it raises a few comments when I wear it - only positive so far. Like trainers and jeans, it is important to have a wide selection of watch types, Ke1t - though perhaps with your basics for comfort attitude, you disagree. Fair enough.

Showed it to the wife and she seemed to like it.

But enough about my cock, let's talk about that watch.

My tastes are, as you mentioned, pretty basic and extend towards the utilitarian rather than the decorative. That's not to say I can't appreciate that not everyone thinks the way I do :)

The last watch I purchased, quite recently in fact, was this fella here. About as spartan a design as you'll find in a watch, but I can look at it and know what the time is and that's good enough for me. No doubt people will look at it and go, "That's quite something, that watch" ;)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nae my cup of tea, but I do like some minimalist designs. Though is that a stone at 12 o'clock? Bit of bling there to impress the ladies?! Is that a ceramic bracelet? I do like those and was looking at a similar Rado piece with a 6 o'clock date window. I have a Fossil chronograph bought for me by an ex Filipino colleague. Nice thought, but I had specifically asked for a replica Hublot chronograph and he came back with a genuine Fossil he had bought at the airport! It has never missed a beat and keeps excellent time - though it's rarely on my wrist.

The thing is, doesn't matter what your watch looks like in the long term if you are buying a Japanese / Chinese quartz movement. It is going to have a fairly limited life span - your grandkids won't be wearing it. My 'quartzies' are mainly beaters that I know won't be with me forever, my autos I hope to give to my kids one day.