Jason Brown

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to agree with Millertime here.

No need to dish out the abuse to Langfield.

Really screwed the nut after the Magaluf incident, gave us some heroic performances in Europe and has came out on numerous occasions saying how much he loves the club.

Jason Brown is Number 1 now though, no doubt about that :thumbs:

Have to agree with Millertime here.

No need to dish out the abuse to Langfield.

Really screwed the nut after the Magaluf incident, gave us some heroic performances in Europe and has came out on numerous occasions saying how much he loves the club.

Jason Brown is Number 1 now though, no doubt about that :thumbs:

I can only remember one heroic performance in Europe by him and that was in Dnipro.

I'd rather langfield just moved on and I don't think he should ever have been number one here for so long.

Ok he made a mistake, but by fxck he is solid when the ball is in the box, cross balls etc something Langfield never had in is locker. I guess it helps if you are built like a heavyweight boxer

It's good too see Aberdeen players like Brown and young Robertson recovering from bad mistakes mid-game to go on and play well. In the past we'd have crumbled, but this side CB is building has a lot of balls. Might not be pretty but it's effective.

Andy Goram carried some extra padding and was still a solid keeper. Seems Brown is the safest hands we've had in a long time, although he's helped by having a more robust defence in front of him.

The two generally go together - each member has to have confidence that the others will do the basics correctly - if you don't have that confidence you overstretch your role to compensate for other peoples weaknesses and that is another area errors creep in.

Brown has been solid and I'm delighted we have a keeper this good.

It's good too see Aberdeen players like Brown and young Robertson recovering from bad mistakes mid-game to go on and play well. In the past we'd have crumbled, but this side CB is building has a lot of balls. Might not be pretty but it's effective.

We don't have players like Foster shouting and accusing them constantly. We have real captains like Arnie and Brown who are willing to dig deep and fight to bring back the good name of Aberdeen Football Club.

Marvelous.

He's good enough for Scotland though. :hysterical:

It'd be interesting to see our win-loss ratio with and without Ricky in the last few seasons. I suppose you could do the same with the rhyming slangs down south too now.

Bit off topic though - we could do the same with Jason and Clangers but i think we all know the answer.

I laugh when people spout the "Clangers loves playing for the club" pish.

Of course you do, when previously you have been a bit part player for Dundee, Dunfermline and Partick fucking Thistle.

Langfield is.fucking crap and the sooner the summer comes and his contract has been allowed to run down the sooner he can fuck off.

Dreadful keeper. Cheeky chappy though, rugged exterior and a big boy, hence the Millertime love in.

Great to see Brown playing well, bad mistake for the goal but he more than made up for it.

Someone mentioned earlier about Brown being vice-vice captain or sometihng.

It got me thinking there are now a fair few players in the squad who could be team captain - not that I want big Consi replaced as captain I think he is doing a great job and really thriving in the role.

Considine

Arnasen

Anderson (if he comes back to fitness)

Vernon

Brown

Rae

Reynolds

And to think we had that tube Foster as captian for 6 months!

Think he's certainly shown enough to deserve a new deal & that's TWICE now he's been in the paper (basically begging) saying how much he wants to be here & that he WANTS to end his career with us.

This is EXACTLY the kind of player & more importantly attitude we need & have been needing for years.

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/2682922

Show some faith in him now & extend his deal for another couple of years on top of his current year :crossfingers:

Still (a little) concerned by his handling of crosses but hopefully this is being worked on.

Our unbeaten run has directly coincided with Ricky Fosters departure. I'm not surprised.

I hope CB was a sly old fox making Foster captain and then used that to manufacture him a move, plus us some cash.

Now all we need is Mackie out the door if only because he's total gash and not SPL quality.

I hope CB was a sly old fox making Foster captain and then used that to manufacture him a move, plus us some cash.

Now all we need is Mackie out the door if only because he's total gash and not SPL quality.

i said that at the time.

foster was always going to play due to our lack of fullbacks. so given that there was interest in the summer, (50k worth of interest for a squad player) making him team captain gave his stock a multiplier. very shrewd from CB.

back to topic though. Give JB a new 5 year deal! he clearly loves being here as despite a shaky start has more than proven every one of his doubters wrong