Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Got to be honest, I was hoping for more inspirational advice from the Hat's #1 outdoorsman. 

Good waterproof boots, and a collapsable hiking stick (or two) are essentials at this time of year. 

Cannot stress how many times I've seen a noob greet about how their feet are soaking because they neglected to invest in sturdy galoshes. You're walking through a forest in November, imbecile, what did you think the ground was going to be like? 

No point being toasty cosy up top if your feet are saturated and freezing. 

Also, bring a good solid Whacking-Stick™ in case you encounter a bear or a bobcat.*

* Dependent upon where you're hiking. May not pertain to hikes in Scotland. 

6 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Good waterproof boots, and a collapsable hiking stick (or two) are essentials at this time of year. 

Cannot stress how many times I've seen a noob greet about how their feet are soaking because they neglected to invest in sturdy galoshes. You're walking through a forest in November, imbecile, what did you think the ground was going to be like? 

No point being toasty cosy up top if your feet are saturated and freezing. 

Also, bring a good solid Whacking-Stick™ in case you encounter a bear or a bobcat.*

* Dependent upon where you're hiking. May not pertain to hikes in Scotland. 

Thanks. Proper footwear has been bought. I'm assured (from online reviews) that it's well waterproof. 

Can't say where I'm hiking in case @Bluto10 gets butthurt about it. 

12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

My concern with those would be their depth.  For areas of standing water or undergrowth you'd want something more booty.  Me, I'm a boot guy... I do a lot of shit in the woods, and tennis shoe style means I'd have soaked feet inside a minute. 

Of course I've no idea where you're going, so you might very well be fine. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

My concern with those would be their depth.  For areas of standing water or undergrowth you'd want something more booty.  Me, I'm a boot guy... I do a lot of shit in the woods, and tennis shoe style means I'd have soaked feet inside a minute. 

Of course I've no idea where you're going, so you might very well be fine. 

spacer.png

Deliberately went for a trainer style. Will be summer, so shouldn't need the heavy duty waterproof-up-to-the-ankle numbers. 

16 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Ive got these for cyclings and walkings. Good sound, hold a good charge and you don’t have the risk of losing an ear bud. 
Sennheiser CX 150BT Wireless Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones Mic/Remote (Black) B+ https://amzn.eu/d/j1t5TtV

I’ve got the sennheiser momentum true wireless 3 buds 

great sound but the wind interference when cycling means you’ve to have them on full blast and then your lugs are ringing the rest of the day. 

non cycling activities they’re great though