Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

9 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Same.Was at Hyde Park and although he was cracking live, he’s one of those acts that has so many tracks he can play, that if you’re not familiar with lots of his stuff, he plays loads you don’t know.
Still enjoyed it, but not a huge fan and just wanted to tick him off the list.

Hyde park will have been easier to get a drink at than Murrayfield at least. I won't go see him again...not for me

43 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

The Boss (Hampden) Alan Fletcher (Dr Karl Kennedy) (Lemon Tree) and Teleman (Kentish Town Forum) are the only gigs I’ve been physically manhandled out of by security 

Im sure there has possibly been more 

I got manhandled out of Zuu nightclub by security for barging to the front of the queue out my tits to see Brad Willis from Neighbours.

Didn't accept it too well and got arrested.

Great times.

2 hours ago, Bad_Mobby said:

The Boss (Hampden) Alan Fletcher (Dr Karl Kennedy) (Lemon Tree) and Teleman (Kentish Town Forum) are the only gigs I’ve been physically manhandled out of by security 

Got chucked out Carter USM at the Barrowlands for smoking a joint. Before the smoking ban as well. Crazy stuff.

3 hours ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Haha fit went down at the Alan Fletcher gig?!? Must have been a crowd of 40+ housewives? 

I've recalled this story many times before but it's one of my favourite memories.

My mate Wardog at an annual event at The Palace called Battle of the Bands. I'll guess 1993 or 1994.

A few boisterous acts had been on, Kill the Doctor were the premier Aberdeen metal act at the time, crowd participation enthusiastically encouraged.

The last band on were a Folk Rock act with fiddles n flutes. The Wardog was steamin and still thought it was Kill the Doctor onstage, he appeared up on the stage grabbing some petrified little lassie singer round the neck while jumping up and down  before stage diving into a sparse crowd of hippy lassies who he flattened before thudding heavily on the wooden dancefloor. Bouncers came over an strangled him out the building. 

Again.....great bloody times. 

Pound a pint.

10 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

He's got a talent for it and some of the stuff looks good. Think he got a bit carried away when him and that other boy booked out a theatre to do a live show though!

Also went through a weird phase of just promoting muscle food and other merch. Money talks I guess.

Seems back to his best just now.

9 minutes ago, ullevi said:

But do you have a letter from Ferguson saying it is the actual item?

No just a piece of paper in the pocket with a little note written in Spanish. 

“Aberdeen tiene lo que el dinero no puede comprar: un alma, un espíritu de equipo construido en una tradición familiar.”

Presume it’s a tactical note that a player picked up off the pitch during the match. Never have checked. 

There are plenty top hat residents here can confirm my ownership if you doubt me. 

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

“Aberdeen tiene lo que el dinero no puede comprar: un alma, un espíritu de equipo construido en una tradición familiar.”

Presume it’s a tactical note that a player picked up off the pitch during the match. Never have checked. 

There are plenty top hat residents here can confirm my ownership if you doubt me. 

Eh deny any such knowledge of ownership 

36 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

And another pocket full of chuddie wrappers.

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2023 at 9:24 PM, YorkDon said:

An air fryer about a month back.

I can confirm it’s great at cooking stuff.

Aye, got one a few months ago, thought it may one of the gadgets that sit there, unused in the kitchen but no, it is getting used - and food is cracking from it