Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

Just now, cheesepipes said:

Nobody wants to see a musical act play 4 hours......do they?

4 hours is ridiculous. Seen Springsteen at Hampden twice, both times running well into the 3rd hour.

I’d have been happy with Tougher than the Rest, Born to Run and a wee medley to signal the end and make your way to the exit.

Won’t be back.

1 minute ago, Bluto10 said:

in the pantheon he definitely sits upper tier 2 alongside the stones, bowie and dylan. but underneath beatles and elvis 

he peaks higher than all of them live, tho. live he is up there with floyd.

As a substance abusing rock music fan I can't listen to Pink Floyd. I just can't get into them at all. 

I've tried several times. Bores me to tears.

• Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

4 hours is ridiculous. Seen Springsteen at Hampden twice, both times running well into the 3rd hour.

I’d have been happy with Tougher than the Rest, Born to Run and a wee medley to signal the end and make your way to the exit.

Won’t be back.

That's a bloody nonsense.

Play 2 hours and charge half the price Bruce, we've shit to be getting on with.

24 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Saw him at Hampden and you could go for a pint, a blether, a pish, another pint, a shite at various points 

And come back and they're still playing the same song.  That heart sinking moment when when you think a song's about to finish then Bruce shouts '2-3-4' and they launch into the 9th chorus.

2 hours ago, cheesepipes said:

As a substance abusing rock music fan I can't listen to Pink Floyd. I just can't get into them at all. 

I've tried several times. Bores me to tears.

I can’t believe anyone genuinely likes them, i think it’s just people looking to be cool. See also Velvet Underground 

Roger Waters is a ledge though, fully support him 

can understand folk nae liking pf or the boss.

both have churned out so much stuff over decades theres guaranteed to be heaps of shite in there. same with dylan/ bowie / stones / u2 etc.

pf & the boss have some amazing tunes tho. can’t deny that and gilmours guitar playing at times is brilliant 

4 minutes ago, Bluto10 said:

can understand folk nae liking pf or the boss.

both have churned out so much stuff over decades theres guaranteed to be heaps of shite in there. same with dylan/ bowie / stones / u2 etc.

pf & the boss have some amazing tunes tho. can’t deny that and gilmours guitar playing at times is brilliant 

OK gambo🤡

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, DD1903 said:

I saw him last year. Was bored out my nut. 

Same.Was at Hyde Park and although he was cracking live, he’s one of those acts that has so many tracks he can play, that if you’re not familiar with lots of his stuff, he plays loads you don’t know.
Still enjoyed it, but not a huge fan and just wanted to tick him off the list.

1 minute ago, YorkDon said:

Same.Was at Hyde Park and although he was cracking live, he’s one of those acts that has so many tracks he can play, that if you’re not familiar with lots of his stuff, he plays loads you don’t know.
Still enjoyed it, but not a huge fan and just wanted to tick him off the list.

Shite min, the Boss barely left Disc 1 of the Greatest Hits last summer. The cunt needs to go deeper into the back catalogue this time around.