Paul Lawrie's Corner

That's you and tainboy and tup all been telt. ;)

Your right sorry everyone entitled to their opinion and he's right some knobs don't shout fore I played with Goydos at turnberry he hit it straight into gallery on front nine he never even thought of shouting , Looks like Naysmith could be coming? What you guys think of that?

Paul

Your right sorry everyone entitled to their opinion and he's right some knobs don't shout fore I played with Goydos at turnberry he hit it straight into gallery on front nine he never even thought of shouting , Looks like Naysmith could be coming? What you guys think of that?

Paul

I was hit in the leg by Steve Marino at Turnberry in '09, no shout nor apology.

I'm not keen on guys in their mid 30's signing for us, too many of these guys just out for one last payday without trying a leg once the payslip's start arriving (McNamara being the biggest wage thief in recent times). Most of the other SPL teams are capable of going to the 1st or 2nd division and getting a decent player or two, wish we could just go down that route instead.

Paul

I hate shouting fore and my ball goes nowhere near them i shouted at but better safe than sorry.

A bit concerned about his injury history and as said, we don't need another McNamara.

To answer Paul's question - I think any full back would be good, definitely needed. Hopefull he doesn't do a McNamara though (1 good game I think).

As for the golf, stay in the hunt on Friday and we've got a weekend to look forward to. Got a couple of cases of beer in yesterday in anticipation of loads of hours in front of the telly. Don't think Adam Scott can keep it going for the weekend, not been consistent for a while. Zach J looked good yesterday, though a bit of a weird approach at the 18th. Westwood needs to replace a club in his bag with a spade, he's been spending a fair bit of time in the sand. Playing backwards out a bunker, left-handed with the club upside down would be hard enough when hacking round The Links, in front of hundreds of folk with a TV audience of millions was pretty impressive.

Up the Dons.

One thing I have noticed at our golf club is that we have a lot of really good youngsters coming thru, and NONE of them shout fore. Think their junior convenior needs to have a word.

Regarding Naysmith, not to happy personally. Will Tom Boyd and Colin Hendry be siging next? Too many over 30s in our side now. Sends out the wrong message, and we're bringing in players who who nothing to prove etc.

Paul, who is your coach just now?

One thing I have noticed at our golf club is that we have a lot of really good youngsters coming thru, and NONE of them shout fore. Think their junior convenior needs to have a word.

Regarding Naysmith, not to happy personally. Will Tom Boyd and Colin Hendry be siging next? Too many over 30s in our side now. Sends out the wrong message, and we're bringing in players who who nothing to prove etc.

Pish.

We have 3 over the age of 30 in our best choice starting 11 (assuming noone in their right mind would start the season with Chris Clark)

I personally think that Naysmith would be perfect for what we need.

Jason Brown (30)

Ryan Jack (20) Russell Anderson (33) Andy Considine (25) Gary Naysmith (33)

Peter Pawlett (21) Gavin Rae (34) Rob Milsom (25) Stephen Hughes (29) Jonny Hayes (25)

Scott Vernon (28)

Andrew Locke has been helping me out since Adam passed away , he's a good lad and now teaches from our new golf centre (aspire)

Paul

Also love the fact he's turned this away from him shouting down Tightbreeks to a Naysmith debate. :offtopic:

Wrong.

It's the 'Paul Lawrie' thread, meaning it's about Paul Lawrie and he can talk about whatever he wants.

It's not a golf thread.

It's a bit like 'Tups Corner'.

Just not quite as refined.

They canna be that good if they need to be shouting fore!

You be playing with Tiger tomorrow?

Aye, and I don't suppose that he would be your preffered partner either tommorrow, but it's looking that way. I mine you were partnered with him in the first two rounds at Carnoustie in 07, and it was a stampede around the ropes those two days, with fans outside the ropes and security and cameramen inside them.

I'll bet Tiger's hoping to get a game with Paul tomorrow.

Well done today. Great to see a Dandy right up there on the leader board and getting some great support from the crowd.

Best of luck for tomorrow.

I made a couple of mistakes today and got punished for them which is fair enough But hung in well and still there or there abouts for the weekend

Paul