Paul Lawrie's Corner

Paul, in relation to your family life and your foundation, how strong is your desire to get further up the world rankings and win more majors? Where do the 3 USA majors rank in your strategy over the season? I'm asking as I'm surprised you left it till monday to fly over to Merion this week

My golf is very important and I still have the desire to be the best I can be , I normally fly to America on the Sunday before but we had foundation event on and didn't see the harm travelling a day later especially as us open venue s all set up the same way , I still hit balls and work at my game every day and am very lucky to do what I do

Paul

My golf is very important and I still have the desire to be the best I can be , I normally fly to America on the Sunday before but we had foundation event on and didn't see the harm travelling a day later especially as us open venue s all set up the same way , I still hit balls and work at my game every day and am very lucky to do what I do

Paul

Thanks for the reply,and I wasn't questioning your desire by the way, just wandered where it was ranked in relation to the PLGF and your own family.

Just realised you made the cut too, great. I thought you were heading home last night. Playing with Westie today, maybe give him a masterclass in chipping!

Well done Paul, gold star to you.

Obviously I hope that you (like many other "honourable" men) can be a grown up adult about all this nonsense and tell Elizabeth (my dear) exactly where to ram it.

Shocking.

Well done Paul.

Are you going to the garden party at Holyrood next month?

Just noticed you got an eagle 2 at the tenth Paul! Brilliant. I was watching it on sky but I'm sure they didn't show that??

Shame to drop a couple at the end, or did u start on the back nine?

Anyway, all in all, inside the top 20 final day, I reckon all you've got to do is shoot 64 today and you win!

Just noticed you got an eagle 2 at the tenth Paul! Brilliant. I was watching it on sky but I'm sure they didn't show that??

Shame to drop a couple at the end, or did u start on the back nine?

Anyway, all in all, inside the top 20 final day, I reckon all you've got to do is shoot 64 today and you win!

We teed off from the 11th so I eagled my final hole hit 3 wood on the green and knocked it in from 35 feet

Paul

Thanks for the reply,and I wasn't questioning your desire by the way, just wandered where it was ranked in relation to the PLGF and your own family.

Just realised you made the cut too, great. I thought you were heading home last night. Playing with Westie today, maybe give him a masterclass in chipping!

Playing golf and where I am in world rankings still the most important thing.

Paul

There's a shock! Sky, or whoever they get their live feed from, would rather wank themsleves into a frezy giving us blanket Tiger coverage, even though he so far back it's unreal, than show guys who are in far better positions.

Under the radar Lawrie will suit us all though! Best of Aberdeenshire luck today, min.

Can I ask you please to look out for holes on your travels that can be landed from the tee with a putter? It's quite important (see the golf thread).

Well done at the US Open, ahead of many of the "big names". Still nae sure about them funny flagstick things.

In other news I had 21 stableford points yesterday, played like a monkey.

excellent effort Paul, was looking like a top 10 finish for a long period yesterday, top 32 in a majot cant be sniffed at, what did you think of the course and your game? whats your schedule leading up to the Open? Glad for Justin Rose, he was my pick for the masters, I thought he wisnae far away from a big-one....

excellent effort Paul, was looking like a top 10 finish for a long period yesterday, top 32 in a majot cant be sniffed at, what did you think of the course and your game? whats your schedule leading up to the Open? Glad for Justin Rose, he was my pick for the masters, I thought he wisnae far away from a big-one....

as i said in earlier post course was very tough with premium on hitting fairways ,i dont agree with the severe rough around the greens as it takes away the skill factor as everyone automatically grabs the lob wedge as no other option, but only my opinion , and my schedule is irish,french.scottish then the open with a week off this week

justin rose is great guy by the way chuffed for him

Aye they were saying that on the telly. Severe rough around the greens was the only criticism. The USGA will try and justify it by saying you have to hit fairways and hit GIR's but it's totally unreasonable to expect any golfer to hit 13 or 14 on average round there, even though one did all 18 one of the Rds. The best on the PGA Tour for GIR's doesn't even hit 13 on average and that includes much less severe driving examinations over the course of the year so we know folk are going to be missing 6, 7, 8 and more GIR's in a major.

Just ridiculous to have that length of rough so close to every green. Makes it a lottery.

Aye they were saying that on the telly. Severe rough around the greens was the only criticism. The USGA will try and justify it by saying you have to hit fairways and hit GIR's but it's totally unreasonable to expect any golfer to hit 13 or 14 on average round there, even though one did all 18 one of the Rds. The best on the PGA Tour for GIR's doesn't even hit 13 on average and that includes much less severe driving examinations over the course of the year so we know folk are going to be missing 6, 7, 8 and more GIR's in a major.

Just ridiculous to have that length of rough so close to every green. Makes it a lottery.

rocket

i do believe thats the first time you and i agree on something ye ha

paul

Very much enjoyed the golf this weekend. Was good searing the lead shuffling pretty regular with a very close leader board.

The pins are utterly ridiculous there though. Whoever thought they were a good idea needs a long shoogle.

Now the rough issue, I think it's good, these guys are the apex of golfing talent. I really don't like watching them tear up courses in 5 under each day. It should be an extreme challenge, it should be as hard as it can be for them elite. Watching other comps recently when the big hitters could afford to go that extra oomph because they KNOW they would have another shot to hit the greens, it's just not a "punishment" for going astray.

Paul, what's your feeling on the anchored putter ruling?!

In other news I had 21 stableford points yesterday, played like a monkey.

I see your 21 and raise you - looking to break 80 for the first time in a medal on Wednesday needed 5 or better on the closing par 4. Had been driving well so took the big stick, the thinking being it would allow me the inevitable shat it three putt. Pushed the drive OB, three off the tee, and the rest as they say...

Nae problem min , PLGC getting there eh ?

Paul

Sure is min, shop totally changed since I was last in there.

Was that mostly PL Foundation boys who were using yer new short game area, yesterday afternoon?

By the way, which of your loons won the Deeside Juniors on sat? Saw them both yesterday but didna like to ask.