Club Officially Asking Us To Keep Our Side Of The Bargain

Just to add the bloke on the phone said they have a fair bit to go to match last seasons number.

They'll get there though. I know a fair few folk including myself set to renew over the next few days now that Club 12 is no longer in the SPL fixture list. Plenty of folk were holding out until there was no way back for them.

I can almost see this backfiring on the club a little once the season starts.

Right now people are putting their hands in their pockets with a new found enthusiasm. And hte club are encouraging everyone backs them - as they should of course. But how will people feel when the team take the park and we hit the first few poor results? I hate to say it but the way many fans are I can see a real backlash when that happens.

:wave:

An excellent interview

100% bang on the money! :scarf:

That's the fucking spirit.

"The manager, the coaching staff and the players are well aware of what is expected of them this season. Out of adversity brings opportunities. Other clubs have had to let players go and with the hard work that has gone on at Pittodrie over the past couple of years there is no reason why we can't motor ahead and be right up there at the top end of the SPL next season. That is the ambition of the manager, the players and everyone associated with the club and it is the expectations of the fans. It is now essential we start to deliver that product."

Unfortunately there is one reason why we cannot do it and that's because we need another striker and a bit more back up. The sentiment is first class.

• Upvote 1

I am suprised by all the noises regarding low season ticket sales. Surely we can't have sold that many last season looking at some of the crowds we got.

I wonder if they are talking season ticket sales as total income or number. You'd assume the under 12s free tickets would boost numbers considerably alone, but obviously wouldn't increase income.

I wonder if they are talking season ticket sales as total income or number. You'd assume the under 12s free tickets would boost numbers considerably alone, but obviously wouldn't increase income.

Especially as Duncan Fraser said we expected to quadruple the amount of under 12 tickets sold by the start of the season. And each of them has to have an adult with them presumably so that's already a fair number.

No idea. a huge increase in under 12's attending means much larger sales at the kiosks with regards to juice and sweets. I presume AFC haven't sold off those income rights like dead Rangers did?

Especially as Duncan Fraser said we expected to quadruple the amount of under 12 tickets sold by the start of the season. And each of them has to have an adult with them presumably so that's already a fair number.

They're not being sold, they're being given away with adult tickets and also the donations the club has been getting from ex pats have went into these as well.

Don't think they can be used as a measure I'm afraid.

This year there will only be one spot available for Champion's league due to plummeting co-efficient. :ThumbsDown:

Into second round of qualifiers as well so even harder now for the Champions to actually get in.

Wiki stuff Champion's league

3 spots in Europa League.

Wiki Stuff Europa League

Shit or bust. Win the league is the way in for next season's CL. :trophy:

But how is this possible. According to the press the Mould Firm used to be astride europe like a collosus and it was only us didy clubs that dragged the coefficent down.

ST all bought, told the loon the rough seats where the rest of the GR have their season tickets and he uttered the immortal line "that's next to a Mr F Miller then yes?" :laughing:

I don't believe that for one second.

Well done for growing a set of balls and getting a season ticket though. :applause:

Nope seriously - telt the boy the rough seats we sit in and he mentioned the names on the surrounding seats, hardly amazing given he's a Glasgow Red too.

With that information it puts your initial claim into a lot more perspective.

First post made it sound like he's a well known celebrity fan.