Aberdeen-Hibs

I was saying he could have done better for the goal, many agree.

I've seen better keepers make an arse of it also, but they don't do it as frequently.

I'd agree, but not by much.

I wanted to rate him when he first came, but he's cost us too often for me to think he'll be a hero for us or won't cost us.

Essien is okay when he wants to play, but he's gone downhill rapidly.

I get what your saying and I'm not having a go at you, but who do you think the club could get as a suitable replacement given our limited resources.

I get what your saying and I'm not having a go at you, but who do you think the club could get as a suitable replacement given our limited resources.

None of us are contracted by the club to find replacements for players. You'd probably be given a token email saying "thanks but we have a scouting team in order blah blah blah" if you ever made contact to recommend any players.

Aye OK:

Clangers - played very well. Whether he has bad teeth or a paedo haircut is for others to judge. Pretty much blameless at the goal as nobody expected that from Doyle who was otherwise hopeless.

Nope. Clangers = Well... Clangers. As a player, you expect everything. Especially as a goalkeeper you should never be switched off. No way is he blameless!

• Upvote 2

Good game the day, enjoyed it. Scoreline helped obviously but we played some decent stuffg & more than deserved the win even though the ref tried his best to fk it up for us.

Was getting a bit fed up of the amount of square passes in the middle of the park & the fact that we seemed scared to ping it out wide for a while. We were also second to every loose ball quite often which was getting frustrating & a few were standing waiting for the ball rather than going to meet it but in saying all that we were still the better team over all.

Great game from Reynolds, Anderson, McGinn & Fraser. Good from Considine, Rae, Jack & Vernon & fkn fantastic from Magennis in his short time :applause:

THAT is how Magennis is best used (& well done Brown for doing it) that's the only way we should use him. Keep him away from our defence & use him as a sub coming on up front to face tiring defenders & especially when we're winning & the defenders he'll be facing are having to push up more. This is where he can be a real handful. His strength, speed & energy is a nightmare for tiring defenders. The lad done well for the goal & should have had a foul for him when he was through later on as well.

Brown is a fud though for saying that he though Hibs deserved a point :wtf: first league win at home & the ref made it fkn hard earned for us & he comes away with that shite. credit the team for that & tell them they fkn deserved their fkn 3 points.

• Upvote 1

Was getting a bit fed up of the amount of square passes in the middle of the park & the fact that we seemed scared to ping it out wide

Hopefully the return to fitness of Milsom will see him selected in favour of Hughes...I'm no fan of Rae, for obvious reasons, but can see his value as a solid if predictable midfield workhorse...Hughes on the other hand is sh*te.

This thread says a lot about where we are as a club, and the utter gluepots in our support.

Lets get this straight, it's nowt personal with Langfield. I'm sure he's a nice guy and I'd happily buy him a pint. However he's been a constant liability in the sticks for us and today just proved what he's all about. He's the goalkeeping version of Darren Mackie.

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 2

Great result, much needed win at home. Take Griffiths, who i hadn't actually noticed until today just how strong he is for a frail looking loon, out of that hibs team and they will struggle.

I thought Hughes was very poor today, countered with a great shift by Rae, although his first touch was lacking at times. The tackle by Maybury was an absolute shocker, caught him right below the knee and had the audacity to complain to the ref. The SFA harp on about the need for clubs to produce home grown flair players. What's the fucking point I'd ask? Langfield, for as well as Doyle strikes the ball, shifted his feet so slowly and looked more worried about hitting himself off the post. Should never have got past him from there.

I'm sure there are players out there, other clubs manage i.e. Kello.

If you look hard enough we can get someone better. There is no way the previous years warranted a 2 year deal.

I gave him praise on Wednesday I'd like to add but I don't believe he's good enough for us.

I know for a fact that Kello was on a wage at Hearts that we'd never be able to afford. He's totally out of our financial range. He is a quality keeper though.

Hopefully the return to fitness of Milsom will see him selected in favour of Hughes...I'm no fan of Rae, for obvious reasons, but can see his value as a solid if predictable midfield workhorse...Hughes on the other hand is sh*te.

Hughes is not shite.

• Downvote 1

I know for a fact that Kello was on a wage at Hearts that we'd never be able to afford. He's totally out of our financial range. He is a quality keeper though.

Hughes is not shite.

Hughes is a terrible player. While at Norwich who were promoted to the EPL at the time. He left instead of fighting to get in the team as "I'm not good enough to play there"

One current and one ex colleague told me this. The guy is a plodder and knows it..

• Upvote 1

Hughes is a terrible player. While at Norwich who were promoted to the EPL at the time. He left instead of fighting to get in the team as "I'm not good enough to play there"

One current and one ex colleague told me this. The guy is a plodder and knows it..

Incredible post! Boy knows he's not premiership quality and this is relevant how exactly?

He's been shit for years min.

Cost us many times before Celtic and will cost us again in the future.

Well give him grief on twatter for that then if you must attention seek and act like the boy.

Personal abuse just negates the point you are trying to make and makes you look like a total cunt or a stupid young loon. I don't particularly care for Langfield as a player or a person but I wouldn't give him personal abuse, no need to be doing that to any of our players, what you going to give him abuse about next time he makes a mistake, his brain injury?

• Upvote 3

A few on here saying Milsom should be back in for Hughes.

A fully fit Milsom yes.

But he's nowhere near ready.

Needs a few games in the U-20's.

If you've ever had a long term injury, it takes a good while to build up your fitness and stregthen the injury, and you also get aches, pains and niggles in other parts of your legs.

You also needs a few games to re-build your confidence

A couple of weeks of solid training and a few games with the U-20's and then maybe.

But not now.

A fully fit Milsom yes.

If you've ever had a long term injury, it takes a good while to build up your fitness and stregthen the injury, and you also get aches, pains and niggles in other parts of your legs.

A couple of weeks of solid training and a few games with the U-20's and then maybe.

But not now.

Shouldnt have been on the pitch yesterday clear hes nowhere near ready

A fully fit Milsom yes.

But not now.

I think everybody would agree with you there. I was going to look back and see what people had said but there's too much twitter shit to sift through. I was glad to see him get a few mins yesterday and hopefully in the near future he will start ahead of Hughes.