Sevco Thread

In a sense it's irrelevant to Scottish football whether they make CL or not. They will pretty much always make Euro football at some level even if they had to start at QR1. They have done it more than once in recent seasons.

They can dominate Scottish football as they always have without Europe. And no one else will ever make groups if they don't maintain that coefficient.

CL money gives them the chance to compete with equivalent Euro sides. They don't need it to win in Scotland.

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Aye they looked magic against Hibs. Grow a set you fud.

This years squad you can probably lay a glove on, the concern is more for the coming years when they invest that money. 

I'll go on record and say it'll be at least 5 years before another Scottish side wins a domestic trophy. 

16 minutes ago, Lan_Lad said:

In a sense it's irrelevant to Scottish football whether they make CL or not. They will pretty much always make Euro football at some level even if they had to start at QR1. They have done it more than once in recent seasons.

They can dominate Scottish football as they always have without Europe. And no one else will ever make groups if they don't maintain that coefficient.

CL money gives them the chance to compete with equivalent Euro sides. They don't need it to win in Scotland.

It totally scunners the chance of cup competitions, though, which is what we all harbour hopes of doing well in. 

Sport and supporting an individual or team can still be exciting ofc even if the challenges are huge.

Remember when Andy Murray won Wimbledon?

It was brilliant because the hope was huge but the odds pretty much against him.

Making the victory even more memorable and special.

What I'm saying is, the cheeks are miles above us but as long as we win against them every so often and do well in Europe, i'll be happy because deep down, I expect it from a team like AFC.

The sad reality is, we are a million miles from doing that.

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Forever Red said:

Every team in the league should sit back and let them win by as many as they want every game (by them I mean the pair of them). Surely eventually their retarted fans will get fed up paying to watch that.

Alternatively get  breakaway league and football body set up (without the arsehole twins) and aim for a fair and competitive playing field. I'd happily settle for a big drop in standard if it gave our game back some meaning 

A breakaway league without them is a flight 9f fancy , the other chairmen, much as they may not say it want and need them , even the smallest battles that we could have delivered ba bloody nose on them the others failed to win, 

The much vaunted failure to  change the  voting structure, ok only a small victory , at least would have been a start , a show of clubs wanting change, but no even a small victory that would have been won off the park, and which would have been as good a chance to actually beat them at something was not taken , and I will never forgive Aberdeen for thier role in that 

7 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

I haven’t said that at all, you appear to have issues with reading and comprehension.

So we made more than double the money in transfers we would have got for getting into the europa group stages yet haven’t made any real progress on and off the park. Proof that an extra 3 million a year really makes fuck all difference in the grand scheme of things.

Yet we are somehow to be grateful for the old firm getting tens of millions.

Lol you really are a thick cunt, it’s no wonder you work in a call centre.

I genuinely hope you regret your entire life.

Erm, no

If we don't progress to the point we don't get thumped off Motherwell,  at home, having 4x the wage budget they do and spent millions on fees, then that's our own mismanagement

47 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Egyptian league is close... Ismailly broke the mould one year.

Yeah exactly.

Nothing will change. Its not this season that's going to be the problem, next season and beyond we will start to see it come to fruition.

As long as big Boydy and the ilk are jovial and selling the product, who cares eh?

I'll go to less games than ever I suspect. 1 this season might become 4 over the season, but I'll drop off again next season. Pointless and pathetic really but that's where I am with it and knew it had been coming.

That's a shame that it's come to that but this has been in the offing for years a clubs have chosen, not been forced to,  do fuck all about it

50 years since the deceased Glssgow Rangers won a European trophy

Sevco have never won a European trophy

However over the next few days the Glasgow press will pump out false claims that they are a major club in Europe ( No laughing please ) 

No doubt they will get fucking pumped in the pool stages and won't go any further that's how they roll.

They will never be major force in European football they just don't have a cosmopolitan  sexy look about them for goods sake there based in Govan cesspit of Scotland

For one I don't give a shit about supporting any other Scottish club in Europe unless they are outside Glssgow

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, CCB III said:

This years squad you can probably lay a glove on, the concern is more for the coming years when they invest that money. 

I'll go on record and say it'll be at least 5 years before another Scottish side wins a domestic trophy. 

If anyone can waste money it’s them cunts. 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, CCB III said:

This years squad, even before the transfer window closes just qualified for the Champions League. I'm pretty confident they will now strengthen further but even if they didn't no one would be laying a glove on that squad or the other half either. They have each been winning the league with 20+ point leads over 3rd for years now. No one laid a glove on them then, and no one will now.

Now I know this is unpopular, but people need to get used to the idea that we're not competing with them, we're competing with everybody else. What they do is irrelevant, what Hearts do is critical. That should be the focus, it's what Hearts and their fans are focusing on. Not spending night and day bitching about how much money the big two get.

They're looking to create a similar gap between 3rd and 4th as the top two have between them and 3rd. And if they get a run of successive Euro seasons they can do that. While we will still be here complaining abut how unfair it is? Aberdeen need to focus on that too, or be left behind. 

• Upvote 4
34 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Each of the two arse cheeks will earn more from just the group games that the entire SPFL prize fund, 

And in one minute of play in the CL they will earn more an SPFL league 2 club entire season budget,

And yet we just continue to accept it

Why don't we play to our max potential and get into the champs league then?

THAT season when Ward was recalled and Rooney injured

If Milne loosened the purse strings...

34 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Each of the two arse cheeks will earn more from just the group games that the entire SPFL prize fund, 

And in one minute of play in the CL they will earn more an SPFL league 2 club entire season budget,

And yet we just continue to accept it

Why don't we play to our max potential and get into the champs league then?

THAT season when Ward was recalled and Rooney injured

If Milne loosened the purse strings...

9 minutes ago, Lan_Lad said:

This years squad, even before the transfer window closes just qualified for the Champions League. I'm pretty confident they will now strengthen further but even if they didn't no one would be laying a glove on that squad or the other half either. They have each been winning the league with 20+ point leads over 3rd for years now. No one laid a glove on them then, and no one will now.

Now I know this is unpopular, but people need to get used to the idea that we're not competing with them, we're competing with everybody else. What they do is irrelevant, what Hearts do is critical. That should be the focus, it's what Hearts and their fans are focusing on. Not spending night and day bitching about how much money the big two get.

They're looking to create a similar gap between 3rd and 4th as the top two have between them and 3rd. And if they get a run of successive Euro seasons they can do that. While we will still be here complaining abut how unfair it is? Aberdeen need to focus on that too, or be left behind. 

Just just need to look at teams like Union Saints-Gilloise, Bodo/Glimt and Midtylland. These teams have competed at the top on far less a budgets than the big teams in their league. It gives you some sort of hope that our strategy can deliver some sort of success. If we can bag a automatic group stage place that brings in another 5m which is a third of our budget. I’m not saying we can overhaul them but I still harbour hope 1 day we can be back challenging them for the title. First and foremost we need to start worrying about beating the other 9 teams on a regular basis before worrying about challenging them. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, slippers said:

Just just need to look at teams like Union Saints-Gilloise, Bodo/Glimt and Midtylland. These teams have competed at the top on far less a budgets than the big teams in their league. It gives you some sort of hope that our strategy can deliver some sort of success. If we can bag a automatic group stage place that brings in another 5m which is a third of our budget. I’m not saying we can overhaul them but I still harbour hope 1 day we can be back challenging them for the title. First and foremost we need to start worrying about beating the other 9 teams on a regular basis before worrying about challenging them. 

Correctamundo 

If we were doing everything we expected of ourselves and still 20 points behind,  then we can moan 

This season more than any other is a season for all other teams to play a reserve side made up of subs and u21 who are squad members in away matches at parkhead and ibrox. Nothing in the rules prevents squad rotation but why away from home against these teams should we put out our first team. might have even argued for home games but without doubt away games we should play reserves. 

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, slippers said:

Brilliant post. Spot on.

Roll on Saturday and Livingston 

4 minutes ago, Bamber said:

This season more than any other is a season for all other teams to play a reserve side made up of subs and u21 who are squad members in away matches at parkhead and ibrox. Nothing in the rules prevents squad rotation but why away from home against these teams should we put out our first team. might have even argued for home games but without doubt away games we should play reserves. 

Aye, that'll show them!

?